Concerts

Music old and new, musical instruments and musical theory. No copyrighted MP3s may be posted in this forum!
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Concerts

Post by Cheeveer »

Anyone going to a concert soon? Or have been lately?
Or what is your favorite concert memory?

I saw Takida and Backyard Babies in Västerås last Friday. Both are a bit typical Swedish hard rock bands. The biggest difference is that Takida are a bunch of slimey brats that make radio friendly rock ballads plus shit that make cavepeople happy whilst Backyard Babies are cool and make good music. And as expected, Backyard Babies were much better. But Takida are currently one of the biggest bands in Sweden at the moment (because the mainstream radio play them), so most people were there to see them.

The best concert I probably was to was The Who last year. Or The Hellacopters or Kaizers Orchestra this summer at Peace & Love. I dunno.

Both of them play in Stockholm later this fall. It'll be The Hellacopters' last gigs ever.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Queen + Paul Rodgers, October 13th with my two best friends who don't (at the moment) like Queen :wink: That will surely change.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Going to see Stone Gods soon, they are supporting another band i like - Airbourne!

Last Gig i went to was Download in June, saw the Stone Gods then aswell.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

I'm very jealous of you Paul as I'm also a big Queen fan :happy: But I personally feel that it wouldn't feel right seeing Queen without Freddie Mercury. Have you seen Q & PR before? I saw Paul Rogers perform at a baseball game in Miami back in May, he wasn't that great I have to say.

So far this year I've only been to 2 concerts, both were to see N.E.R.D. Although I'm not a fan, these concerts were in fact for my wife who is a big fan, but they were great gigs. I was interested in getting tickets to see Stevie Wonder who is on tour at the moment. Sadly though tickets are all sold out :sorrow:
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Yes, I saw Q+PR at Wembley and Hyde Park in 2005.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Awesome. How were they and which were your favourite tracks at each concert?
Last edited by kals 15 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Alucard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Alucard »

Saw Judas Priest, Opeth, Cavalera Conspiracy, and Carcass with some good friends, only a day after my birthday (July)! :thumbsup:
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Alucard wrote:Saw Judas Priest
Saw them in June, Halford seemed to really be struggling to hit the notes, did he look like he was troubled at your gig?
Alucard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Alucard »

You mean the 'old witch' voice? Some even commented that it's borderline black metal! :mrgreen: Hitting the high notes at his age is a hard thing anyway, but the general feeling was that this was a very good gig. At least he can still pull it off when it comes to the (often overlooked) rest of his vocal range! :-D
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

No i dont doubt that he did it well and it was hard, but it looked like he was physically in pain for about 3/4 of the songs. I love Nostradamus, they started with that :thumbsup:
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Looking forward to Enslaved. They play in November at Romein Leeuwarden, the Netherlands.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

kals wrote:Awesome. How were they and which were your favourite tracks at each concert?
They were fantastic. I "reviewed" the concerts on this forum after I came back the following day:

At Wembley, all the songs were good. Couldn't really give you a favourite from that concert.

The Hyde Park concert was delayed a week because of the 7/7 bombings, so when they all sang Imagine by John Lennon, it was particularly poignant. I remember The Show Must Go On and I Want It All being absolutely perfect - much better than those that appeared on the Live At Sheffield DVD.

Here's where I talked about Wembley:
http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/phpBB2/vi ... 2332#28448

Here's my review of the Hyde Park concert:
http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=2606

kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

They were both great to read about Paul, especially the Wembley event. Thanks for posting the links. I got shivers down my spine reading the part when they sang Imagine, given the circumstances, and Love Of My Life which always reminds me of that performance at Wembley in 1986. I thought the photo was awesome, very atmospheric. Have you posted any other photos elsewhere? I would love to see more, if it is possible please.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

I have a few, but they were taken from my friend's cheap digital camera (like the one posted in the Hyde Park thread). I can upload them sometime.

I was so far back at Wembley, despite the fact I used up two films, all you can see if the backs of the people in front and some dim lights in the distance.

By the way, the entire Hyde Park concert was filmed and some of it appeared as an extra on the Live At Sheffield DVD.

Here's Imagine...listen to the crowd sing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hm7pp_JFOs

And Bohemian Rhapsody:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT-TR29MROM

WilliamsF1

Post by WilliamsF1 »

Will be going to Def Leppard's Melbourne concert come November sometime. It's my sisters band & she's dragging me along.

I think it's funny she idolises the lead singer (Joe elliot) who's now a wrinkly old man! Of course, she watches the music videos of him in his younger years...
There is no such thing as a risk, when you don't have EVERYTHING you want