Concerts

Music old and new, musical instruments and musical theory. No copyrighted MP3s may be posted in this forum!
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Everso Biggyballies wrote:
I used to be a huge fan of the Saints lead singer/guitarist Chris Bailey, and this song was quite a fave of mine back c 1984 when I used to watch them play in pubs and clubs.

They also influenced my choice of football team (The Saints, aka St Kilda) to support when I first arrived here to live. (Melbourne culture dictates you must have a team you barrack for, even if you don't go to matches. First question guys would ask is who do you....). Anyway, one of my favourite songs....

Ghost Ships Used to (and still do) Love Baileys vocals in this. Plus his guitar playing. Also the horns section.... :wink: The first two minutes is of an interview of the period with the Divinyls, (the late) Michael Hutchence and also Chris Bailey so the song starts 2 mins in.....

It was one of those songs that always gets me singing along for the chorus. In fact just realised.... it still does. It is also good for a bit of air guitar play.

Another favourite Saints track of mine is "Just like Fire would", which will certainly be easy to find if anyone wanted....
Don't forget their earlier material, which is seminal as far as punk is concerned. And "I'm Stranded" is undoubtedly one the best punk rock tracks ever recorded, at least in my opinion. "Know Your Product" is up there as well.

And on a personal front, the Saints' original guitarist Ed Kuepper's solo work has been huge in my short life, as well. He was one of the first artists I was exposed to. And I saw him as well, a couple of years back, when I was still in primary school. First and only concert I've ever decided to go to myself, although I took Mum with me, of course. Only other real concert I've ever been to was a big Motown thingy, run by none other then V8 Supercars boss Tony Cockrane, who brought along Jimmy Barnes with him, who was totally out of place among all the classic Motown groups. Oh, and a couple of concerts of the local youth group band, but they aren't big at all, and there was like 15 people there. So, it doesn't really count, I guess.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

theracer120 wrote: And on a personal front, the Saints' original guitarist Ed Kuepper's solo work has been huge in my short life, as well. He was one of the first artists I was exposed to. And I saw him as well, a couple of years back, when I was still in primary school. First and only concert I've ever decided to go to myself, although I took Mum with me, of course. Only other real concert I've ever been to was a big Motown thingy, run by none other then V8 Supercars boss Tony Cockrane, who brought along Jimmy Barnes with him, who was totally out of place among all the classic Motown groups. Oh, and a couple of concerts of the local youth group band, but they aren't big at all, and there was like 15 people there. So, it doesn't really count, I guess.
Yeah, I knew of the Saints previous stuff, and history, but I picked the later stuff because they were more relevant in my memories. I wasn't living in Australia until early 1983.

Interesting story about the link with Ed Kuepper. :cool:

Re your thoughts on the significance of your memories is that the important thing is that they will form the basis of your memories for some time in the future, be that small or major part by then. Looking at some of your likes and influences you seem well on the way to ensuring you will have plenty of good future memories to look back on. If that makes sense. :dunno: :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

caneparo wrote:well you can say you saw james brown, outclassing other nerdish stuff
Yeah true, although I'd say Van Morrison was probably the best concert. He played a small festival in 1998 and I was of only 300 people in the venue. I was sat right at the front.

Chester French were awesome too. They supported NERD (*yawn*) and were surprisingly good.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Not a personal experience, though I'd of loved to've seen Kevin Coyne sometime, not necessarily in the day, but too late now, man's finally at peace. Last of the real hippie generation along with Gordon Haskell, who mellowed too much, and probably as a result lives now. What is your point, then, Jäspörr? Alright, well, this song, supposedly from a 1979 gig, freaks me to fuck, his introduction, about "shooting Jesus", which would by all logic be a reference to the pointless assassination of John Lennon, who was still some sort of demigod for these great but naïve artists, of whom Kevin was the last die-hard. Problem is, Lennon was killed in 1980. Kevin was so full of soul, John Lennon ought to have sat at this concert, nodding his approval in respect of a real geezer, with a huge heart for the unfortunates among us. But he was probably at some stupid modern art exhibition with his detestable wife. Coyne was the real McCoy(ne).
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Going to Way Out West festival tomorrow! Thurston Moore, Blur, Refused, Feist, Bon Iver, OFWGKTA, De La Soul, and most importantly, The Black Keys are playing!

***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

The Black Keys gig I went to earlier this year was pretty boring. Except the bit where a seriously hot girl danced on my crotch. That was great.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality-ro ... 59558.html

Unfortunately, this episode doesn't seem to be shown in the video...
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Damn, wonder if this was in fact not a publicity stunt.
haayleyox wrote:I feel sorry for the bottle of piss
Still, would be fun to see this chavette's entire body covered in shit, piss, and vomit.
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

in a caravan that was dumped in a Motorway service station??
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Yeah, on social welfare payment day, in Kinshasa.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

BRING THE NOISE/FIGHT THE POWER!!!
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

erwin greven wrote:Image
BRING THE NOISE/FIGHT THE POWER!!!
Haha, yeah, Public Enemy! Awesome!
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Reckless Love tonight :twothumbs: Leaving in one hour :mrgreen:

Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

May as well get this list updated. Jettblack put on an awesome show last night, I was being crushed from behind but had a nice Polish girl in front of me and her arse was perfect for my groin to be pushed into. I'd purposely moved away from the guys in front to be behind her, it's not as socially acceptable to bum a guy.

Code: Select all

Steel Panther                                            Hammersmith Apollo, London     15th November 2012
The Treatment (+ Vega/Four Wheel Drive/Curran)           Underworld, Camden, London      15th December 2012
Thunder                                                  Manchester Academy, Manchester 22nd December 2012
All the gigs I've ever been to:

Mercury (Queen Tribute Band)                             Some small hall somewhere       23rd October 2004
Queen + Paul Rodgers                                     Wembley, London                 11th May 2005
Queen + Paul Rodgers                                     Hyde Park, London               15th July 2005
Shed Seven                                               Shepherd's Bush Empire, London  15th December 2007
Queen + Paul Rodgers                                     O2 Arena, London                13th October 2008
Queen + Paul Rodgers                                     Wembley, London                 8th November 2008
Ankkarock Metal Festival                                 Korso, Finland                  14th August 2010
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroe                       Shepherd's Bush Empire, London  30th August 2011
The Union (+ 36 Crazy Fists)                             O2 Islington, London            21st October 2011
The Darkness (+ Foxy Shazam/Crown Jewel Defense)         Hammersmith Apollo, London      25th November 2011
The Treatment (+ Sons Of Icarus/New Device/Motherload)   Underworld, Camden, London      8th December 2011
Thunder                                                  Rock City, Nottingham           20th December 2011
Reckless Love (+ The Treatment/Jettblack)                The Garage, London              2nd February 2012
Black Keys (+ Band Of Skulls)                            Alexandra Palace, London        9th February 2012
Jettblack (+ Barbe-Q-Barbies/Night By Night/Meansteed)   The Borderline, London          30th May 2012
Gods Of Metal Festival                                   Milan, Italy                    22nd/23rd June 2012
Queen + Adam Lambert                                     Hammersmith Apollo, London      12th July 2012
The Darkness (+ Black Stone Cherry/Walkway)              Thetford Forest, Surrey         14 July 2012
Fatal Smile (+ Crazy Lixx)                               Underworld, Camden, London      7th September 2012
Reckless Love (+ Voodoo Six)                             Barfly, Camden                  4th October 2012
Reckless Love (+ BlackRain)                              Barfly, Camden                  18th October 2012
Firefest AOR Festival                                    Rock City, Nottingham           21st October 2012
Jettblack (+ Sondura/The Mercy House/Night By Night)     Underworld, Camden, London      26th October 2012

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Just the three gigs coming up this year so far, one I've been dreaming of seeing since I saw the VHS of their live concert in Wembley in 1995 (Bon Jovi!) and one band that I've started to get into over the last year, Crashdiet. And it's always a pleasure to see The Darkness. :)

The Darkness (+ Ginger & the Wildhearts)  Hammersmith Apollo, London      7th March 2013
Crashdiet (+ Jettblack and others)             O2 Islington, London            27th April 2013
Bon Jovi                                          Hyde Park, London               7th July 2013
All the gigs I've ever been to:

Mercury (Queen Tribute Band)                             Some small hall somewhere       23rd October 2004
Queen + Paul Rodgers                                     Wembley, London                 11th May 2005
Queen + Paul Rodgers                                     Hyde Park, London               15th July 2005
Shed Seven                                               Shepherd's Bush Empire, London  15th December 2007
Queen + Paul Rodgers                                     O2 Arena, London                13th October 2008
Queen + Paul Rodgers                                     Wembley, London                 8th November 2008
Ankkarock Metal Festival                                 Korso, Finland                  14th August 2010
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroe                       Shepherd's Bush Empire, London  30th August 2011
The Union (+ 36 Crazy Fists)                             O2 Islington, London            21st October 2011
The Darkness (+ Foxy Shazam/Crown Jewel Defense)         Hammersmith Apollo, London      25th November 2011
The Treatment (+ Sons Of Icarus/New Device/Motherload)   Underworld, Camden, London      8th December 2011
Thunder                                                  Rock City, Nottingham           20th December 2011
Reckless Love (+ The Treatment/Jettblack)                The Garage, London              2nd February 2012
Black Keys (+ Band Of Skulls)                            Alexandra Palace, London        9th February 2012
Jettblack (+ Barbe-Q-Barbies/Night By Night/Meansteed)   The Borderline, London          30th May 2012
Gods Of Metal Festival                                   Milan, Italy                    22nd/23rd June 2012
Queen + Adam Lambert                                     Hammersmith Apollo, London      12th July 2012
The Darkness (+ Black Stone Cherry/Walkway)              Thetford Forest, Surrey         14 July 2012
Fatal Smile (+ Crazy Lixx)                               Underworld, Camden, London      7th September 2012
Reckless Love (+ Voodoo Six)                             Barfly, Camden                  4th October 2012
Reckless Love (+ BlackRain)                              Barfly, Camden                  18th October 2012
Firefest AOR Festival                                    Rock City, Nottingham           21st October 2012
Jettblack (+ Sondura/The Mercy House/Night By Night)     Underworld, Camden, London      26th October 2012
Steel Panther                                            Hammersmith Apollo, London      15th November 2012
The Treatment (+ Vega/Four Wheel Drive/Curran)           Underworld, Camden, London      15th December 2012
Thunder                                                  Manchester Academy, Manchester  22nd December 2012