RIP "The Prodigy" frontman Keith Flint

Music old and new, musical instruments and musical theory. No copyrighted MP3s may be posted in this forum!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

RIP "The Prodigy" frontman Keith Flint

Post by PTRACER »

He's sadly committed suicide aged 49:

https://news.sky.com/story/the-prodigy- ... 9-11654977
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

He was big into Motor Cycle Racing as well.... his Team ,Traction Control entered Ian Hutchinson road his bikes to a couple of TT wins IIRC. Also an Ulster GP. As well as having his own team he was a motorcyclist himself.

A sad loss. RIP Keith Flint.

Happy Days

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

:sorrow:

Fat of the Land is still a fine piece of work. An iconic band and from what I understand, Flint was a top bloke. A sad loss.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Wasn't that much into the genre, but it's impossible to deny how big Fat of the Land was. RIP. Suicides are tragedies.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Not been into his music, not at all but briefly met him behind the TT grandstand during TT 2017. He came across as a genuine bloke who really cared for his team (TTC - Team Traction Control) and his racing.
May he rest in peace.
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

I really enjoyed the phantasmagoria of that one, song as well as video, with the modern Baron Samedi, and industrial metal crossover. Beats all the britrock bands of the era, hands down. First time I heard them was away to a football match at a pub in Silkeborg, whose firm were called Firestarters. We chased them around for 10 minutes, bottles flying back and forth, and never saw or heard of them again, they were about as useful as a one-lipped man in an arse-kissing contest. Song stuck, tho. Undeniable power and energy. Flint was definitely an artist in his field. Sergey (one of the guys who started this forum) used to like them, too. Had I been born post-1980, I'd probably have been a fan of this band, too. Flint left a treasure, just like his literary namesake. RIP.
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Jesper Hvid wrote: 5 years ago

I really enjoyed the phantasmagoria of that one, song as well as video, with the modern Baron Samedi, and industrial metal crossover. Beats all the britrock bands of the era, hands down. First time I heard them was away to a football match at a pub in Silkeborg, whose firm were called Firestarters. We chased them around for 10 minutes, bottles flying back and forth, and never saw or heard of them again, they were about as useful as a one-lipped man in an arse-kissing contest. Song stuck, tho. Undeniable power and energy. Flint was definitely an artist in his field. Sergey (one of the guys who started this forum) used to like them, too. Had I been born post-1980, I'd probably have been a fan of this band, too. Flint left a treasure, just like his literary namesake. RIP.
Still not my music but who cares
If you ever have spoken to someone, and even if so briefly, you are going to feel stunned down.
In this very case, he joins a long row of riders I've personally met and not all went as he did (even though you might argue they did). Dan Kneen, James Cowton, William Dunlop anyone?
I'm still not keen, my mind isn't, whether this was due to drugs or to underlaying probs. I somehow fear, Keith idolized those he sponsored and then fell behind. Daft observations, I know
Still not my music at all, anyhow, but a great lad who went way too soon.
As Ii said before, I hope he rests in peace.
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
reddit

Post by reddit »

This thread makes me sad