R.I.P Lemmy (Motorhead)

Music old and new, musical instruments and musical theory. No copyrighted MP3s may be posted in this forum!
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

http://www.radio21.de/radioplayer/hannover/
Radio 21 now dedicates one hour to Motörhead in their Giants of Rock series. Starts in a minute or two :)

:bye:

Show just kicked off with the song Motörhead ! :D
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

:thumbsup: Listening!!!!!
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
sebbbl
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Grand Prix Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari 312T
Favourite Driver: Mark Webber
Favourite Circuit: AVUS
Car(s) Currently Owned: Ford Focus

Post by sebbbl »

Jesper Hvid wrote:Listened through his entire life's work, over the last couple of days, including the Hawkwind-era material.
Here you get a good overview. I got it from ebay some years ago.

Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Andy wrote:http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... o-20151229

Ozzy speaks ...
aka the inevitable happened

:bye:
Hehe, yeah... Pathetic, self-serving horse shit. This asshole also had the nerve to show up at Dio's funeral, and make more fucktarded comments. I bet he wouldn't even be able to name all the songs Lemmy wrote for him.

Motörhead were sort of single-dimensional, tho, weren't they ("one-track mind"), and the last bit of craziness seems to have left with the departure of Philthy and Würzel. There wasn't any more Spïnal Tap about them, after that. Just a sort of high-quality established rock brand, know what I mean? No shenanigans, no scandals, no real rebellion. All the crazy tales about them were always from the '70s or '80s. I believe I've seen all their docus by now, and check them out for yourselves and see if it isn't so. They sit and talk about these things, more than showing the viewer what their lives on the road are like, now. And where they're possibly going with the band, in terms of musical creativity, artistic statement. Auto-pilot since Sacrifice? They finally stabilized and merged with the music industry. Not a single classic album in my opinion came out of Motörhead Mk. 4, despite having the best musician in their whole career in the band (Dee), and no true classic tracks, either. Just some really good quality updated hard rock 'n' roll after the old formula, but not quite having the same raw charm. It's perfectly natural, I suppose. Lemmy probably felt like he was obliged to appear in all sorts of stuff, or maybe he just enjoyed having his ass kissed, but in any case, the industry he hated shafted him again, at the grammy awards, just as it had, Metallica. The NARASsholes realized they owed him something, so they gave him an award for... a fucking pointless Metallica cover. Hetfield & Co. had been ripped off in 1989, losing to Jethro Tull(!), and then getting a coded apology the following year, winning with the "One"-single from the album that lost the year before! Which again was idiotic, as Faith No More's album was the obvious right winner in 1990.

You see, from where I'm sitting, Lemmy should have told them to fucking stuff their bullshit award, or ignored it, altogether. It's just the dead give-away that a part of Lemmy had reconciled himself with his business. TCB, as Elvis called it. Doesn't change anything, really, but I just bet that Philthy Animal Taylor would have stuck his dick in the award, and fucked it, onstage. Because that was what the good, old, obnoxious punk-ass bastard Motörhead would have done. Fucked it, and thrown it out the window.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by caneparo »

I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

This shows the bluesy Hendrix-influence from his roadie days, pre-Hawkwind. Close to Foxy Lady with a little bit of Hey Joe.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

caneparo wrote:
Best thing happened to him was getting out of that band. I don't like their form of psychedelia, and in fact I think that Hawkwind are mostly a pile of crap.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by caneparo »

Agree with you. They are a shitty band with much more aurea than substance (except the illcit ones ;)) What I meant is that it took Lemmy to give them a hit single.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Yeah, and LSD was a sixties drug, anyway, and Hawkwind's hopeless post-hippie music is at least five years out of date.

And, again,

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... o-20151229

it's quite amazing what he remembers, all of a sudden.
Ozzy wrote:Back in those days, I was hitting it pretty hard as well. But nothing like them. They put a new fucking meaning to partying. It was catastrophic. One of the guitar players went fucking insane. The stuff they used to use, that methamphetamine, whatever they fuck they used to use, it was fierce. They'd all be fucking wide-eyed and legless.
First US tour Ozzy did, 1981. Support: Motörhead: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_ ... .281981.29

"One of the guitar players". The iconic Motörhead line-up that changed hard rock, beat punk and inspired Heavy Metal. 1000s of images of this have appeared regularly, for the last 35 years.

One. Of. The. Guitar. Players.

And someone who's supposedly done more drugs than most other people in showbiz, doesn't even fucking know what methamphetamine is.

How can Rolling Stone even consider publishing that crap, in a tribute article to a recently dead person of such importance.

Ozzy doesn't remember a fucking thing, and he is mentally deranged, on top of being a bloody idiot and a clown. I knew this shit would happen, and it's a fucking disgrace. He's the one who should have fucking died, and I really mean that.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

But they were probably batshit crazy back then, especially Philthy, who seems to me to have suffered from severe ADHD all his life. Ironic, tho, that "Fast" Eddie got fired for being too serious, and then 10 years later, Philthy gets so, for the exact opposite reason.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

This is a mystery, really: http://affa.hells-angels.com/
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

I guess they just didn't care anymore, since he didn't do Iron Horse/Born to Lose anymore, live. Or else he just outlived the fat bastards, also.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Well, if they can't even salute the composer of the soundtrack to half their own lives, I'll do it on their sorry-arsed behalf.

"Loaded forever, and righteously stoned!".
Nabuco
Favourite Motorsport: Formula One
Favourite Racing Car: McLaren M2B
Favourite Driver: Nelson Piquet
Favourite Circuit: Zandvoort
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Nabuco »

Lemmy was a fucking legend. When i heard the news i couldn't believe it. He was purely rock'n roll, body and soul.
I had just started to get into Motorhead (well, since 2011, actually), and for him to die so suddenly like that was a shock to me.
We all knew that his health was not that good since 2013, but not a case of sudden death.

May he R.I.P. and rock like hell forever.

PS (about Hawkwind): most of the things the band did were not that good, i agree.
But being a prog rock fan i cannot discard some stuff they did.

Their last album with Lemmy, from 1975, is pretty amazing.
It reminds me of a crossover between Camel and Soft Machine.
Good stuff.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by caneparo »

From my personal point of view I wouldn't rate Hawkwind as a prog rock band; they are closer to the "canterbury sound" which was already gone by 1975.
I am a great fan of Motorhead and Soft Machine as well, especially in their jazz/fusion incarnations (1970 onward), but I couldn't really imagine Lemmy in that band :D
Lemmy was one of a kind he was a pure ROCKER