Can we please show some appreciation for 1950s music

Music old and new, musical instruments and musical theory. No copyrighted MP3s may be posted in this forum!
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Bottom post of the previous page:

:haha: yeah, you know what that means.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Love Eddie C., but: 1:22: "I'm gonna take my problem to the United Nations. I called my Congressman, and he said, quote: etc,"

Just what the eff is Eddie Cochran's Congressman supposed to do about his laziness, in the United Nations... Ah, well, never mind, Eddie C. invented punk rock, and didn't live to realise it. Perhaps that's for the best. Gene survived the accident, tho:

If strad were here, he would act as if he actually saw those dudes, live. :haha:

My parents saw this cat live in Aarhus in the '50s. And Louis Armstrong, and whatnot.

Biggest Danish star of that era was Otto Brandenburg:

He ripped out his own easophagus with smoke and drink, yet still lived to above his average age.

They'll all live forever, they had talent, style and class, and appealed to a saner audience.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

I can't believe there was a serious split in western society between Steele and Elvis fans in the 1950's. And today hardly no one remembers Tommy. Don't think I've ever heard his music on the radio.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

John wrote: 5 years ago I can't believe there was a serious split in western society between Steele and Elvis fans in the 1950's. And today hardly no one remembers Tommy. Don't think I've ever heard his music on the radio.
Possibly because Tommy Steele relied in the early days particularly on doing covers of other acts. "Singin' the Blues" being a good example.... that got to Number 1 in the UK before Presley did. Guy Mitchell was UK number 1 with "Singing the Blues" on 4 January 1957 and Tommy Steele #1 with the same song on 11 January 1957.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Real talent.

Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records