Still Up For Some More Music, I Hope.

Music old and new, musical instruments and musical theory. No copyrighted MP3s may be posted in this forum!
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Don't listen for the music but watch what happens on stage 🤣😂🤣
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

some more seriousity :twothumbs:
Heavy Metal from Germany at its very best
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Kai Hansen & Michael Kiske ! Hamburg based boys back then. The real backbone of Helloween!
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

You have to let someone go, but you never manage to forget them. Eagle fly free.
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

What if?
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

wouldn't you want to be in London after seeing this? :mrgreen:
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Antonov wrote: 2 years ago

Bit of a sad story regarding those two... they lived in Germany with their wives and children, and were in Austria driving in the mountains when a drunk overtaking on the wrong side of the road in a blind corner hit their car head on at high speed. All four in the car died. Net result was young kids left orphaned. :tearful:

Edit: I got it slightly wrong, I just checked and it seems one of the wives was not in the car... it was a mutual friend who was the 4th person. All 4 in the car died. So one child was left Fatherless and the other, a 3 year old, was orphaned.
Hopefully the drunk driver that caused the tragedy died too.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Antonov »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago

Bit of a sad story regarding those two... they lived in Germany with their wives and children, and were in Austria driving in the mountains when a drunk overtaking on the wrong side of the road in a blind corner hit their car head on at high speed. All four in the car died. Net result was young kids left orphaned. :tearful:

Edit: I got it slightly wrong, I just checked and it seems one of the wives was not in the car... it was a mutual friend who was the 4th person. All 4 in the car died. So one child was left Fatherless and the other, a 3 year old, was orphaned.
Hopefully the drunk driver that caused the tragedy died too.
@Everso Biggyballies - such a tragedy indeed. I never knew they had a big live performance. Enjoy!

Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

What if?
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Microsprinter18 »

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but Post Malone was wearing an Erick Rudolph (dirt modified racer from NY) shirt during his Lollapalooza performance tonight. Really, really cool.
it's tricky to rock a rhyme to rock a rhyme that's right on time it's tricky
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Antonov »

I dedicate this one to all the Aussies on the forum
@Everso Biggyballies @MonteCristo @Ian-S @acerogers58 ...
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Im not sure @Ian-S is in any way Australian. AFAIK he is as British as I still am, despite my permanent Aus. resident status ..... I just happen to live in Aus and as another song says, I still call Australia home. :smiley: @theracer120 is more Aussie than me and not on your list of mentions

Im not sure why a German group / song should be dedicated to Aussies.... we dont all run around in bikinis. :wink:

MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago we dont all run around in bikinis. :wink:
Speak for yourself.

Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

MonteCristo wrote: 2 years ago
Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago we dont all run around in bikinis. :wink:
Speak for yourself.

Lol.... I was just looking for and about to post a similar pic and say Im not sure about @MonteCristo in his pre- married days. You beat me to it. :haha: :haha:

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Im not sure @Ian-S is in any way Australian. AFAIK he is as British as I still am, despite my permanent Aus. resident status ..... I just happen to live in Aus and as another song says, I still call Australia home. :smiley: @theracer120 is more Aussie than me and not on your list of mentions

Im not sure why a German group / song should be dedicated to Aussies.... we dont all run around in bikinis. :wink:
Yeah I'm British, I very nearly did become Australian, just after I was born my parents got the opportunity to emigrate, they were actually supposed to go with some friends around the time mum fell pregnant with me, so they didn't go, they were all set to go when I was about 6 months old but the friends that had emigrated the previous year (same profession) came back saying it wasn't as good as they'd been told, so I ended up staying here.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Ian-S wrote: 2 years ago

Yeah I'm British, I very nearly did become Australian, just after I was born my parents got the opportunity to emigrate, they were actually supposed to go with some friends around the time mum fell pregnant with me, so they didn't go, they were all set to go when I was about 6 months old but the friends that had emigrated the previous year (same profession) came back saying it wasn't as good as they'd been told, so I ended up staying here.
Lol.... thats quite amusing and eerily similar to my family. I grew up in West Africa, and when I was young my Father's boss over there decided he was going to go to Australia to get into mining (His Granfather had lived in Aus mining.) Mum and Dad were going to take up his invite and do the 10 pound on a boat offer Aus had going at the time for prospective UK emigrants but my Mother became pregnant with my brother, so they delayed it. After my brother came along my parents decided it might not be ideal bring up a young family in an outback mining environment so backed out.

As it happens the guy that offered my Dad the chance to come to Aus to set up in mining had all the stars line up and got in at a boom time for mining here, became a multi millionaire (he has an outback highway named after him)... when I say he was wealthy he used to spend 3 months of the year with his wife in the UK keeping in touch with family etc living in a suite at the Dorchester Hotel in London! Im sure Dad always regretted not doing the move with him, but as with your family circumstances were not right at the time.

Moving on a few years after I finished my education two my best friends went to Aus, one with a short term training job for a year, the other (whose sister I used to go out with) to s end six months with family. I was going to tag along for a budget backpacker holiday but then got offered a job in the UK that I really wanted, so backed out.

A few years later in another job where I worked in Croydon, they decided to close all their 'London' office down and relocate everything to their factory in Swansea. I had just bought a house in Surrey so did not like the idea of living in Swansea so was going to 'take the package'. A couple of weeks before I was due to leave they said to me, I know Swansea was too far from your comfort zone to move to but we are looking to expand into Australia and need someone to go there for 2-3 years to evaluate the market with a view to setting up a local office there, would I be interested.. So I said yes straight away. When I got my offer to go to Australia my Mum and Dad were very supportive and said go for it whilst you have no ties, remembering the opportunity they knocked back.

Moved to Australia on a three year contract, accomodation all paid for, car and a wage etc plus saw Aus at the company's expense rather than the backpacker trip.... I did the research and they decided to set up locally. Only problem was my boss wanted to come out here to run it, so no job for me. I had met my wife to be out here so when my contract was up, chose to stay in Aus, got another job, got married, permanent residency etc. That was 30+ years ago. After a couple of false starts I ended up in Aus.. :happy: