Motorsports Circuit Database

Racing events, drivers, cars or anything else from the past.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Now I see it, that's obviously a Sandown class circuit.

As for what they host, minor club races, China is motorsport wise at the same point where America and the UK where in the 1950s. People have money and cars and want to race them, just non of the air bases. There is one track in there that was build and demolished with in 2 or 3 years, so not all of them seem to work out.
Finix
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Glickenhaus SCG004C
Favourite Circuit: Some Obscure One
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Finix »

Michkov wrote: 3 years ago Now I see it, that's obviously a Sandown class circuit.

As for what they host, minor club races, China is motorsport wise at the same point where America and the UK where in the 1950s. People have money and cars and want to race them, just non of the air bases. There is one track in there that was build and demolished within 2 or 3 years, so not all of them seem to work out.
A track blipping in and out of existence in China is actually quite common, The Shanghai Expo Circuit, Shenzen Circuit, and Beijing Hi Valley Automobile Park / Pinggu Higu Circuit, are all now inactive after less than 5 years of operation, Shenzhen didn't even really get a single year to its name. Also, Literally Every Chinese Street Circuit shares this fate. the Beijing Olympic Rowing Centre Street Circuit barely existed for a year, Yancheng to my knowledge, only hosted one race, and the old A1GP Track is nonexistent these days.

It's kind of sad too because China has an insanely diverse array of circuits.
Time to find another circuit! | Discord: Finix#2990
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

East St. Louis's Gateway Worldwide Racetrack Park

@PTRACER ftp works :thumbsup:
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

I think I fixed the front page, took me way to long to realise there are two files of the same name on the server. One htm the other html, I've been working on the html the whole time. :blush:

Also added the new Indy track in Nashville. Terrible north south orientation with that one.

Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Couple of Czech, well technically Czechoslovakian tracks added/updated.

Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Continuing our eastern bloc sojourn with a kart track in an unpronounceable polish town

Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Off to the land of burning goats

Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Just a kart track today, PF International

Plus the first version of the upgraded national track lists. I still needs some work on the styling and some icons here and there but functionally it's there, just ignore the duplicate ROC lines they are just for demonstration of the scrolling behaviour.

Question regarding the flag location, left or right of the countries name, I'm 60/40 towards right myself.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Michkov wrote: 3 years ago Question regarding the flag location, left or right of the countries name, I'm 60/40 towards right myself.
Looks fine.

PF Intl. was one circuit I always wished I had driven when I was karting. Never went there though.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Updated Dundrod. Apart from minor alteration of the roads it should all layout changes should be there.

Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

An airborne addition this time

Not quite sure if I like the blue of the sea instead of white for the background colour.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Updated Goodwood, both the FoS and Circuit. Mostly a complete set, I'm missing the 1936 hillclimb layout and the 2005 Rally stage. I figure it's more likely that if someone can get a hold of a 2005 FoS program there should be a map in there. For 36 I'm not holding out any hopes, even Motorsport has only a paragraph on that event.

Also found this wonderful clip while researching
VaiN
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Racing Car: McLaren MP4/21 (2006)
Favourite Driver: Sergio Pérez
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps

Post by VaiN »

Hi there. I found by Wayback on some old page related to motorsport circuits proposal of Barcelona (from May 2003 probably), which I didn't see anywhere else, even on gdecarli. It introduces chicane for Europcar corner (not the one which we have from 2007).
https://web.archive.org/web/20040105013 ... id098.html
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Updated Del Mar Fairground venues. If someone has information about the SCCA races in the 1960s, there are some open questions I have.

erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Thanks for that, I'm currently on the other side of the Med and 90 years back in time. You think it being part of France finding a large scale map of Oran in the 1930 would be easy, but no everything is focusing on the naval base at Mers el Kebir on the opposite side of the town to what I need. Not even the US Army can be relied on, apparently they invaded the place with copies of British maps.