Motorsports Circuit Database

Racing events, drivers, cars or anything else from the past.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Alonsomania wrote: 2 years ago
Michkov wrote: 2 years ago One thing I found is that the early Trophee Andros races 95-00 where apparently not held at this circuit despite what the internet says. Sadly I havn't found a good track map of it either.
From the '97 Eurosport broadcast:

Hope this helps!
Brilliant, that broadcast isn't on youtube or anything is it?
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

All the Monzas

VaiN
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Racing Car: McLaren MP4/21 (2006)
Favourite Driver: Sergio Pérez
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps

Post by VaiN »

Hi, thank you for adding Monza layouts, great job!

Just wanted to say I have problem with loading 2 layouts. These are Florio circuit (1930-38) and 1965 1000km. When I try to load them, it looks like this.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Thanks for letting me know. Seems like a bunch of files failed to upload. I've fixed it.
VaiN

Post by VaiN »

So F1 just posted 2nd image on twitter and Jeddah layout looks different. When we got back to short period after the layout was showed to people, they posted 1st image on YT, where you can see same "wrong" layout. I would say (and I know it's not really confirmed, but it would be weird to make graphics of layout completely wrong) it's 1st or one of 1st proposals of the track which was never shared publicly.

VaiN

Post by VaiN »

I also tried to draw how it would look, probably it's slightly incorrect in some sections, but it should be really close to reality. 1st picture shows the "probably proposed layout", 2nd one shows comparsion between that and actual layout. You should note there isn't really place for pitlane on current straight, so probably s/f with pitlane would be on different location. Direction is also unknown, but it would be probably anti-clockwise, as it is now.

Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

The problem with proposals these days is that anyone with a decent image software can create them. So I'm having a hard time nailing down their source. I'm not even happy with the inclusion of the 1999 proposal for Sepang I just uploaded. I could only find it on the GEL Motorsports page and the old RCDB with the latter referencing the former. I guess its from a magazine since its 1999 but which one I dont know. That is to say if you find a proposal I think I'll only include ones from credible sources. IMO the FOM gambling account isn't one.

That said Sepang has received an update along with the Malaysian directory page. Plenty of tracks still missing from there, but for now we've only lost Shah Alam until I get round to it.

Also added/updated since Monza, German Hillclimb, CCCP Circuit, and Australian capital tracks.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

I noticed you have that dated as active to 2020. I was under the impression that it closed after the 2002 event. A change in local government was one of the reasons for the contract being torn up. (Along with its winter date ket crowds minimal)
Im happy to be corrected but that is my recollection. I have not done any research into it.

Talking of proposed new circuits there was recently news of a potential new Street Circuit planned for Canberra. At this stage it is just a discussion concept between a group of 'entrepreneurs' talking at lower Govt level (ie Tourism Ministry) and although I have not followed it with any great interest I have not seen any illustrations of proposed layouts, just words relating to length and location. Im also not sure that it will progress given the number of NIMBY's and politicians in the area. :wink:

It might be worth making a note of for any future news though.
Link to the story when it broke a couple of months or so ago:

SECRET CANBERRA RACE PLAN EXPOSED

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

If possible i would like to work on the championship pages. Several are not updated.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago
I noticed you have that dated as active to 2020. I was under the impression that it closed after the 2002 event. A change in local government was one of the reasons for the contract being torn up. (Along with its winter date ket crowds minimal)
Im happy to be corrected but that is my recollection. I have not done any research into it.

Talking of proposed new circuits there was recently news of a potential new Street Circuit planned for Canberra. At this stage it is just a discussion concept between a group of 'entrepreneurs' talking at lower Govt level (ie Tourism Ministry) and although I have not followed it with any great interest I have not seen any illustrations of proposed layouts, just words relating to length and location. Im also not sure that it will progress given the number of NIMBY's and politicians in the area. :wink:

It might be worth making a note of for any future news though.
Link to the story when it broke a couple of months or so ago:

SECRET CANBERRA RACE PLAN EXPOSED
That is only for the overview. If you click either track you see them active in 2000-02 for the old Parliamentary Triangle Circuit and 2023 for the proposed new layout. I have reminders set for active and WIP tracks, but if you hear something just drop it in here to remind me.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

erwin greven wrote: 2 years ago If possible i would like to work on the championship pages. Several are not updated.
Havn't updated any series yet, so I dont really have a template for the pages. But I have started with the individual Grand Prix. I planed on doing the Malaysian GPs (cars and bikes, separately ofc) next, but you can work on that while I build a series template.

Let me know what you had in mind regarding the series pages, what info to include and how to structure it. I imagine we'd keep it similar to how it is so series winner per year with subpages for races in that year. Similarly structured to the GP pages.

The way I go about this is to fill in the yellow columns in the spreadsheet. For the national races remove the orange highlighted columns, those are only necessary for international races (European GP, Schneider Trophy, Gordon Bennet that kind of stuff).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4kz6mhz0083s ... g.ods?dl=0

Once filled in save it as .csv file without any delimiters.
Open the .csv file in a text editor and copy and paste into the html template. Between the <table id='winners'> and </table> tags.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xai2iixwp9cy ... .html?dl=0

Fill out the other portions of the file, that is:

Code: Select all

<title>
Will be display as the name of the webpage

<h2>
Is the top header in the page itself

<div id="footer">
Is the last time updated, time format is YYMMDDhhmm in UTC

Under <p id="source_head">Sources</p> amend the

<li><a href='https://www.statsf1.com/'>www.statsf1.com</a></li>
with your sources.

Or just fill out the spreadsheet and I'll handle the rest.

If you got any questions let me know.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

It's indoor bumper cars today.

Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

This started out as the Paris-Bordeaux race of 98 and morphed into all the Paris-Bordeaux/Madrid events. Took a while to find the itinerary for the Spanish leg of the last one. Its mostly based on the tourist part of the race, so may not be completely accurate. Still better than no map at all since most just end in Bordeaux.

Just realized I'm jumping from tiny FE indoor track to continent spanning city to city routes :D
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Sandcastle:
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Michkov wrote: 1 year ago Sandcastle:
Official names as it is since 2020:
Tarzanbocht
Gerlachbocht
Hugenholtzbocht
Hunserug
Slotemakerbocht
Schievlak = Scheivlak
Mastersbocht
Bocht 9
CM.com Bocht (former Vodafonebocht)
Hans Ernstbocht
Bocht 13 (former Kumhobocht)
Arie Luyendijkbocht

"Vermeulen End" is not an official name anymore at the track.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."