Motorsports Circuit Database

Racing events, drivers, cars or anything else from the past.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Bottom post of the previous page:

This should be the proper Facebook post. Stupid facebook, you expect that the link to the picture would revert to the post you came from and not just show the picture without context. Say nothing about their abysmal search feature, try and find something you saw 5 minutes ago and you spend to next half our finding nothing even close to it /rant.

Anyway, I'll fix the Readville entry. Easy to do with the ovals. So to be clear we got the horse track first and later on the car only track with hard surface and banked corners. You dont happened to know when they rebuild the track for cars only do you?
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

Yes, FB is very bad software - I wonder why so many people use it? As for Readville, I'm not sure it ever stopped being a horse track.
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

For years horses and cars shared the same dirt track, which threw up so much dust it rendered goggles useless. In the early ‘30s, a new, harder auto track was laid with fill from the newly-dug Sumner Tunnel.
from The Forgotten Glory Days of the Readville Race Track

Reads to me as horse racing stopped after the track got an upgrade.
akdestroyer

Post by akdestroyer »

Michkov wrote: 5 years ago Updated the home of the Austrian GP in exile

Added the Battersea Park Formula E track
The first track is the Hungaroring (in Hungary, not Austria) :)
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

akdestroyer wrote: 4 years ago
The first track is the Hungaroring (in Hungary, not Austria) :)
While most of the foreign fans are from Germany and Austria, the Hungaroring has traditionally seen a large influx of Finnish fans as well. With the loss of the Austrian Grand Prix in 2003, this became the closest Formula One event for fans from other Central European countries. However, the Austrian Grand Prix returned again in 2014. The 2006-10 races saw many spectators from Poland due to the participation of Robert Kubica.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

:D Note the use of "in exile" in that post. I have to wonder how many actually click on the link for the full page before they comment.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

exactly.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Another hillclimb added

hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

Original Mid Ohio

Finix
Favourite Racing Car: Glickenhaus SCG004C
Favourite Circuit: Some Obscure One

Post by Finix »

Id be willing to help point out some discrepancies in the database, both old and in the new entries / updates if you want Mitchkov.
Time to find another circuit! | Discord: Finix#2990
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Finix wrote: 3 years ago Id be willing to help point out some discrepancies in the database, both old and in the new entries / updates if you want Michkov.
By all means please do. I'm happy for all the help I can get.
Finix

Post by Finix »

Michkov wrote: 3 years ago
Finix wrote: 3 years ago Id be willing to help point out some discrepancies in the database, both old and in the new entries / updates if you want Michkov.
By all means please do. I'm happy for all the help I can get.
Where Would You like for me to start hunting for those discrepancies?
In your new posts?
Or on the old entries?
Finix

Post by Finix »

Not that this may be directly of use right now, but Ive compiled a Google Map showcasing the locations of the many Racing Circuits in China.

There are over 20 different Circuits in the country, with most being built within the past 5 years.

Many of these will be under an Unknown Moniker, due to the lack of information I've been able to find.

Here's the link to the map.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/drive?sta ... sp=sharing

Enjoy!
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

For hunting discrepancies, see the Changelog for tracks already updated. Anything not on there is to be considered outdated by default. Some of the discrepancies in there such as the added loop at Korea, are known but having additional eyes on the changes are a good thing. Goes of course for anything wrong with the historical layouts.

Apart from that the China list is great, there are lots of tracks on there I had not known about. I'd prefer a text file with lat/long over a google internal doc if you have one. Makes it easier to integrate it into my workflow. You can do that or pick one track and find out the relevant info. Check Silverstone or Interlagos for how that would look. So it's years of layout changes, length, direction, the minor layouts and tracks I usually find via historic aerial images. Please try to include a source for the information, a url will do, see the bottom of my pages for how I do it.

PS: In your China map, the Zhapu Circuit looks more like a horse race track to me. Have you got anything on it being used for motorised races or did you just spot it on the map?
Finix

Post by Finix »

Michkov wrote: 3 years ago PS: In your China map, the Zhapu Circuit looks more like a horse race track to me. Have you got anything on it being used for motorised races or did you just spot it on the map?
I came across the vast majority of these by accident. Zhapu is one of those accidental discoveries, I could provide a more detailed map of the track, but its a venue similar to Sandown, where it encircles the racecourse.

Im not certain what the vast majority of the obscure ones host / do. They all pretty much came about at around the same time (2017-18 ish) and have kind of just been quiet since.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Now I see it, that's obviously a Sandown class circuit.

As for what they host, minor club races, China is motorsport wise at the same point where America and the UK where in the 1950s. People have money and cars and want to race them, just non of the air bases. There is one track in there that was build and demolished with in 2 or 3 years, so not all of them seem to work out.