Senna (again) and his 14 y/o fiancée

Racing events, drivers, cars or anything else from the past.
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago
Ruslan wrote: 1 year ago He was also big into flying remote controlled aircraft. I gather he was somewhat of an introvert in a very public environment. This is never a particularly comfortable situation.
I seem to recall posting a number of pictures of him with his radio controlled planes and boats. He had a room exclusively for them in his home I seem to recall. I just tried to search them here but no luck
Yea, didn't see them here, but I remember that from elsewhere. I think this is part of what made him great. He was simply fascinated with controlling and playing with boats, planes, racing cars, etc. I openly admit that I can't stand the guy, but he was the greatest qualifier in F1.
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ruslan »

Hate to bring this up: But here is an article about a Piquet's interview in 2020 where he talked about Senna. The link to the hour long interview in Portuguese is in the article: https://tvhistoria.com.br/nelson-piquet ... e-fachada/
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Ruslan wrote: 1 year ago
Ruslan wrote: 1 year ago He was also big into flying remote controlled aircraft. I gather he was somewhat of an introvert in a very public environment. This is never a particularly comfortable situation.
I seem to recall posting a number of pictures of him with his radio controlled planes and boats. He had a room exclusively for them in his home I seem to recall. I just tried to search them here but no luck
Yea, didn't see them here, but I remember that from elsewhere. I think this is part of what made him great. He was simply fascinated with controlling and playing with boats, planes, racing cars, etc. I openly admit that I can't stand the guy, but he was the greatest qualifier in F1.
Thats exactly my thoughts on him.... was never a fan of him, but remember watching his qualifying at Adelaide one year..... the last few minutes and you could hear him coming the car absolutely neck being rung to the utmost. (in the days when you could here them scream, the popping and the banging of the exhaust) The nervousness of the car as it came into sight and the crowd mesmerised and almost gasping.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Thats exactly my thoughts on him.... was never a fan of him, but remember watching his qualifying at Adelaide one year..... the last few minutes and you could hear him coming the car absolutely neck being rung to the utmost. (in the days when you could here them scream, the popping and the banging of the exhaust) The nervousness of the car as it came into sight and the crowd mesmerised and almost gasping.
Yeah, that was the lap used on the top gear tribute, car was twitching all over the place
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna
Favourite Circuit: Monza, Montecarlo
Car(s) Currently Owned: Nissan Micra (vintage in 3 yrs)

Post by Starling »

erwin greven wrote: 1 year ago I'm Autistic and i recognize a lot of autism in Senna.
I relate to you, totally. I've never been diagnosed because screw mental health, right? Even in Italy. (Sorry, this is a tangent that does not belong here... maybe in the Off Topic thread? Hit me up @erwin greven if you wish to exchange ideas)

I always related to his mannerisms, his way of talking. It was always like he was not really addressing the person, like he was talking to himself. Even in the famous interview with Jackie Stewart. When I first watched it I remember I was shocked Senna remembered Jackie's name (he called him Stewart) and Jackie's face! If I met Senna today outside my door, I'd have problems recognizing him. I'm told that's a symptom of autism. Yeah, I'll make another notch on my bedpost, beside anxious-depressive, PTSD victim etc.
Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus.
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Starling »

I forgive you for not standing him, I can't stand Hamilton, I can relate :rofl:

I think he did have a control issue. He liked stuff he could control. Hence his crisis in 1994. According to Damon Hill, part of the reason for his mortal accident was that he was frustrated by the difficulty of driving the Williams.

I don't think it applies to his women though, since all of them have a lovely memory of him.
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Starling »

Ruslan wrote: 1 year ago Hate to bring this up: But here is an article about a Piquet's interview in 2020 where he talked about Senna. The link to the hour long interview in Portuguese is in the article: https://tvhistoria.com.br/nelson-piquet ... e-fachada/
Not sure I can stand it, even though I know a little Portuguese :rofl: But thanks! I'll let you know!
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Starling »

White six wrote: 1 year ago The pitlane was like one of those orgy videos in the 80s ;)

Even Frank Williams was getting his big end (unproven) away. Everyone except mansell

Iirc Senna had some young lad hanging around with him in the pitlane, so Piquet made use of that. Rather like Carlos sainz's agent :wink:

Senna may have been gay or bi, a string of girlfriends proves absolutely nothing. We'll probably never find out though as especially in Brazil reputational damage would still be huge (unfortunately)

What interests me more about senna is where he was on the autism spectrum. I have a high functioning autistic daughter and see quite a few of the same traits
Like I said to @erwin greven , I've never thought of it but I recognize autistic traits in Senna. Unfortunately I've never had a diagnosis. Best wishes to your daughter, I'm sure she's awesome.

Senna bi? Maybe (aren't a lot of us slightly bi? I'm totally het but if I found the right woman... :twothumbs: )

Sainz's agent??? NOW that's something I don't know about.
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ruslan »

Yea, I actually don't think Senna was gay. I gather the only basis for this claim is Piquet's comment, and he is a little biased as Senna was the young guy who replaced him as the darling of Brazil.

I know of only one gay F1 driver (Mike Beuttler 1971-1973): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Beut ... %20results

There may have been others, but it would have been a career killer.
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Starling »

Ruslan wrote: 1 year ago Yea, I actually don't think Senna was gay. I gather the only basis for this claim is Piquet's comment, and he is a little biased as Senna was the young guy who replaced him as the darling of Brazil.

I know of only one gay F1 driver (Mike Beuttler 1971-1973): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Beut ... %20results

Also, Senna hinted in an interview to Brazilian Playboy that he "knew" Piquet's wife. In the Biblical sense. :angelic:
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Starling wrote: 1 year ago
White six wrote: 1 year ago The pitlane was like one of those orgy videos in the 80s ;)

Even Frank Williams was getting his big end (unproven) away. Everyone except mansell

Iirc Senna had some young lad hanging around with him in the pitlane, so Piquet made use of that. Rather like Carlos sainz's agent :wink:

Senna may have been gay or bi, a string of girlfriends proves absolutely nothing. We'll probably never find out though as especially in Brazil reputational damage would still be huge (unfortunately)

What interests me more about senna is where he was on the autism spectrum. I have a high functioning autistic daughter and see quite a few of the same traits
Like I said to @erwin greven , I've never thought of it but I recognize autistic traits in Senna. Unfortunately I've never had a diagnosis. Best wishes to your daughter, I'm sure she's awesome.

Senna bi? Maybe (aren't a lot of us slightly bi? I'm totally het but if I found the right woman... :twothumbs: )

Sainz's agent??? NOW that's something I don't know about.
Drive to survive 😉
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ruslan »

Ruslan wrote: 1 year ago Yea, I actually don't think Senna was gay. I gather the only basis for this claim is Piquet's comment, and he is a little biased as Senna was the young guy who replaced him as the darling of Brazil.

Also, Senna hinted in an interview to Brazilian Playboy that he "knew" Piquet's wife. In the Biblical sense. :angelic:
I would like to see the actual quote on that. It seems a little out of character. Is he referring Sylvia Tamsma?
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Starling »

I would like to see the actual quote on that. It seems a little out of character. Is he referring Sylvia Tamsma?
The whole interview is translated here: https://forums.autosport.com/topic/1080 ... from-1990/.

Maybe Senna's comment about Piquet's wife (not sure about the name) was innocent, in which case I apologize for my quip! The first time I read that quote it was in an article that strongly hinted it was not so innocent, but I can't find it now. There are also Brazilian articles that quote parts of the interview in the original Portuguese.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

The whole interview is translated here: https://forums.autosport.com/topic/1080 ... from-1990/.

Maybe Senna's comment about Piquet's wife (not sure about the name) was innocent, in which case I apologize for my quip! The first time I read that quote it was in an article that strongly hinted it was not so innocent, but I can't find it now. There are also Brazilian articles that quote parts of the interview in the original Portuguese.
Which came first, chicken or the eggs? Imagine he was just responding to Piquet's wind ups
SputnikRacer

Post by SputnikRacer »

Vassago wrote: 1 year ago Senna had a wife in the early 80s whom he divorced and at the time of his death he was dating Adriane Galisteau. He also allegedly briefly dated models Elle MacPherson and Carol Alt. In the late 80s he was dating Brazilian TV presenter Xuxa.

Lilian de Vasconcelos Souza (wife 1981-82)

Xuxa

Carol Alt

Galisteau
Beautiful