Senna (again) and his 14 y/o fiancée

Racing events, drivers, cars or anything else from the past.
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna
Favourite Circuit: Monza, Montecarlo
Car(s) Currently Owned: Nissan Micra (vintage in 3 yrs)

Senna (again) and his 14 y/o fiancée

Post by Starling »

I know I'm going into dangerous waters here.

Re: the Senna pic with/without beard.

I posted both pics on Reddit. (I can hear you: "Are you asking for trouble?")

In the comments, totally off topic (it's a subreddit for cute F1 guys), someone holier-than-thou answers: "Are people not aware about his situation with a minor?"

YES, I knew about his relationship with Adriane Yamin when she was 14 and he was 23. I always had the feeling that it was an arranged engagement. The lovely someone on Reddit pushed me to research the topic. They were actually in love.

I don't want to write more because I could look like a perv or a bigot, choose your flavour. I just ask you, if you knew about this. what was your reaction? Thanks!
Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus.
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

I always thought he was gay!?! :wow:
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

Senna had a wife in the early 80s whom he divorced and at the time of his death he was dating Adriane Galisteau. He also allegedly briefly dated models Elle MacPherson and Carol Alt. In the late 80s he was dating Brazilian TV presenter Xuxa.

Lilian de Vasconcelos Souza (wife 1981-82)

Xuxa

Carol Alt

Galisteau
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna
Favourite Circuit: Monza, Montecarlo
Car(s) Currently Owned: Nissan Micra (vintage in 3 yrs)

Post by Starling »

Michael Ferner wrote: 1 year agoI always thought he was gay!?! :wow:
Vassago wrote: 1 year agoSenna had a wife in the early 80s whom he divorced and at the time of his death he was dating Adriane Galisteau. He also allegedly briefly dated models Elle MacPherson and Carol Alt. In the late 80s he was dating Brazilian TV presenter Xuxa.
Beautiful pics :smiley:

This is always a weird topic for me, because when I followed Senna I knew nothing about his private life; mainly because he was very reserved and there were no Instagram or Twitter. I was only vaguely aware of his wedding when he was 21, and knew about Xuxa because she looked cool and beautiful to the girl I was. When he died I learned also about Adriane Galisteu, and later Carol Alt. It seems Adriane Yamin was his fiancée after his failed marriage. There were other women, and in an interview with Brazilian Playboy he hinted at the fact that among these ladies was Piquet's wife. :amazed:

Hence Piquet spreading the rumour that Senna was gay, which at the time almost made sense to me because I knew so little about his relationships. After his death I learned about his private life, and I can safely say that for a homosexual he had quite a lot of female lovers!

Then there is the other side of Senna gossip, that he was a total Lothario and went after anything that breathed and wore a skirt (Highlanders not included). I can't quite reconciliate this with his Catholicism and his shy personality. I think it's vastly exaggerated, and about those affairs he did have, I guess it was a matter between him and God. One of the things that fascinate me about him is his complexity.

[One day I'll get into even deeper waters about Senna's religion. I'm a Catholic too, but I never heard of him going to Mass, Confession etc. Other Catholics here might enlighten me.]

Regarding Adriane Yamin, I believe none of us can judge without knowing. She wrote a book about Senna, very positive, but alas I don't read Portuguese and it was never translated. The fellow on Reddit was very judgemental. In abstract, I'd also consider a relationship between a 14 y/o and a 23 y/o quite icky, but I just don't know the background, so I'll hold my judgment.

Sorry for my gossipy posts, I know nothing about motors so I do my best to contribute :haha:
Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus.
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Nothing wrong about gossip, I also remember the days when the only way you could learn about motor sports was buying a newspaper (like printed on a real paper), watch the TV news or actually listen to the radio!

Speaking of Piquet, well, his daughter seems to have a knack of cycling around drivers so I wonder if the old man is truly happy about this :haha:
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Vassago wrote: 1 year ago
Speaking of Piquet, well, his daughter seems to have a knack of cycling around drivers so I wonder if the old man is truly happy about this :haha:
She seems to prefer Red Bull drivers though.... didnt she dump Danny Kvyat for Max when Kvyat was replaced by Max at RBR? Or did it happen later. Wasnt there a child involved with Kvyat and Piquet?
Maybe Kelly Piquet has had other dealings with drivers I dont know of.

Over the years there seems to have been more interbreeding in F1 circles than the Royal Family. :omg:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Yeah, Kelly Piquet has a daughter with Kvyat that should be ca. 3 years old now. She hooked up with Max almost a year after splitting with Kvyat IIRC. What's more curious is that she is 6 years older than Kvyat & 9 years older than Max so kinda going the MILF route here :tongue:

This isn't new to F1, Schuey's wife used to be Frentzen's GF and Ronnie Peterson's widow was later dating John Watson IIRC?

Marc Surer's ex-wife later married Martin Tomczyk in case anyone cares :tongue:
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Vassago wrote: 1 year ago Ronnie Peterson's widow was later dating John Watson IIRC?
Funnily enough I was going to mention that one.
That relationship did not end well either.... they were 'linked' when sadly Babro committed suicide nearly 10 years after Ronnie died. I know she suffered terribly from depression following Ronnies death.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Forgot to add the Mother of Nelson Piquet Jnr (Sylvia Tamsma) also a couple of Piquet Senior's other children was previously Elio de Angelis's girlfriend.

White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

The pitlane was like one of those orgy videos in the 80s ;)

Even Frank Williams was getting his big end (unproven) away. Everyone except mansell

Iirc Senna had some young lad hanging around with him in the pitlane, so Piquet made use of that. Rather like Carlos sainz's agent :wink:

Senna may have been gay or bi, a string of girlfriends proves absolutely nothing. We'll probably never find out though as especially in Brazil reputational damage would still be huge (unfortunately)

What interests me more about senna is where he was on the autism spectrum. I have a high functioning autistic daughter and see quite a few of the same traits
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

I'm Autistic and i recognize a lot of autism in Senna.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

Michael Ferner wrote: 1 year ago I always thought he was gay!?! :wow:
That was Piquet's joke. He has been back in the news lately.
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ruslan »

Starling wrote: 1 year ago [One day I'll get into even deeper waters about Senna's religion. I'm a Catholic too, but I never heard of him going to Mass, Confession etc. Other Catholics here might enlighten me.
It was a big point of discussion at the time, especially among the rather worldly world of F1. So, I assume that this is correct. He was also big into flying remote controlled aircraft. I gather he was somewhat of an introvert in a very public environment. This is never a particularly comfortable situation.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Ruslan wrote: 1 year ago He was also big into flying remote controlled aircraft. I gather he was somewhat of an introvert in a very public environment. This is never a particularly comfortable situation.
I seem to recall posting a number of pictures of him with his radio controlled planes and boats. He had a room exclusively for them in his home I seem to recall. I just tried to search them here but no luck

Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ruslan »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago
Ruslan wrote: 1 year ago He was also big into flying remote controlled aircraft. I gather he was somewhat of an introvert in a very public environment. This is never a particularly comfortable situation.
I seem to recall posting a number of pictures of him with his radio controlled planes and boats. He had a room exclusively for them in his home I seem to recall. I just tried to search them here but no luck
Yea, didn't see them here, but I remember that from elsewhere. I think this is part of what made him great. He was simply fascinated with controlling and playing with boats, planes, racing cars, etc. I openly admit that I can't stand the guy, but he was the greatest qualifier in F1.