Computer Technical Support Thread

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Hooked up my Logitech G25 wheel again today and for some reason, all three pedals are showing fully pressed when they're not. It's fine otherwise but 0% press is 100% and vice versa. Any idea what I can do?
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Try calibrating the wheel and pedals again.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Thanks but I fixed it by uninstalling the software and reinstalling. It was showing a weird/different calib screen before than the one I usually see, which I didn't realize at the time.
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41560- ... JWcH7h8%3D

Does anyone know how to download this as a .pdf file?

This will download the text of the file as a .txt file. But text only:
https://dyz6l42c0kkca.cloudfront.net/pr ... OTGLBL6N3A

This will download a tiny picture of one page of the article:
https://images.readcube-cdn.com/prerend ... f757/3.jpg

Can anyone help? :S
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Try Sci-Hub, if its blocked you can use the Sci-Hub bot on Telegram. You just need to send it the DOI and you get the pdf back. It could be the that the article isn't in its database yet then you just wait a week or two.
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

I was trying to avoid using Sci-Hub but I feel it might be the only way. Thank you @Michkov!
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

When i start Assetto Corsa Competizione, my screen suddenly switches off. Is this a software or hardware failure?
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

erwin greven wrote: 1 year ago When i start Assetto Corsa Competizione, my screen suddenly switches off. Is this a software or hardware failure?
Is only your monitor switching off, or your PC?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

My monitor only.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

erwin greven wrote: 1 year ago My monitor only.
Does it happen with any other game? Could be a graphics setting in ACC, which is set beyond the range of your monitor (E.g. Refresh rate or resolution)
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Deleted my account profile on my pc and another map. So ACC could rebuild it. It solved the problem.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Using a MacBook with Google Chrome. Yesterday I updated the OS, and today I have woken up to find that Chrome has also updated, and my Youtube account has been locked into restricted mode by the administrator.

I can't toggle the switch off either. It's stuck, so I am basically on YouTube kids now.

Any help?
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

DoubleFart wrote: 1 year ago Using a MacBook with Google Chrome. Yesterday I updated the OS, and today I have woken up to find that Chrome has also updated, and my Youtube account has been locked into restricted mode by the administrator.

I can't toggle the switch off either. It's stuck, so I am basically on YouTube kids now.

Any help?
There is a how to(Turn Off/ON Restricted Mode on YouTube) video on youtube which hopefully you can access. The walk through is on a Windows comp but maybe it works in the same on a Macbook.

FWIW I use a Macbook Pro with Chrome, did the same double update a couple of days ago without issue.

Other than that I once had a similar issue which turned out to have been for some reason Chrome after an update had decided by default to run in "Safe Search" mode (in Search settings.) I just switched that off..... perfect. Dont know if the Google safe search somehow links to youtube. :idunno:

EDIT: Quick search after posting and saw this which is self explanatory re my last point.. Worth a look anyway.
If you're using the Google Chrome browser, make sure to turn off Chrome's SafeSearch feature. It's part of Google's parental controls, and if it's enabled, it can restrict YouTube content as well.
https://www.lifewire.com/fix-ability-to ... be-5218134

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

So SafeSearch was also locked on, and it was again stating that it had been disabled by my network administrator.... On my own home network.

I then went through a number of other things, like the Mac parental controls, and no luck.

Then, I noticed that my work VPN was attempting to connect in the background, and had blocked me from accessing anything. Turned it off, and sorted - it was back to normal.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

So facing a weird issue with Windows 10. Despite being the admin of my PC (of course) and being able to do the usual admin stuff like granting permission during software installs, certain things are just not working. For example, files/folders in C drive marked with the shield icon cannot be deleted...the delete animation plays and all but the folder/files don't get deleted. Then, I can't open any of the UAC options, and also, can't disable the Windows Security real-time protection (the button goes back to on as soon as I click it off).

In Safe Mode, I could delete the aforementioned files, though, but yeah, in normal Windows mode, all this is happening. Any ideas what's up?