My sim racing prayers have been answered!

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

My sim racing prayers have been answered!

Post by PTRACER »

Casual Sim Racer is working on the 1906 Itala 35/40, 1906 Renault AK GP and 1907 Itala 36/45 for Assetto Corsa. An early release version of the Renault is already available on his Patreon.

More excitingly, according to his videos, he will also be working on a set of cars from the 1911 to 1916 Indy 500. I hope he gets some good data for this, because I was just thinking 2 days ago how this era has never been covered in sim racing before and wish it had. This is one of my dreams come true!

On a similar note, I downloaded the 1923 French Grand Prix carset for AC yesterday and I'm having a blast with it. Sergio Loro just released Sitges Terramar today so I'm about to load it up and do some laps!
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

I've also been psyched about the earliest GP cars for AC. The 1923 cars are awesome, just wished there were more of them!

Can't get Sitges to work though.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Cheeveer wrote: 2 years ago I've also been psyched about the earliest GP cars for AC. The 1923 cars are awesome, just wished there were more of them!

I agree, I really hope a few more come along with some period tracks too! I've been driving these around Florio, doesn't feel right to drive them around Brands Hatch or Silverstone.

Are you running it through Content Manager and activating Sol/CSP? It's pretty much a must these days.

I recorded a short vid with your usual clickbait thumbnail:

Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago I recorded a short vid with your usual clickbait thumbnail:

For your next video: YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT'S AROUND THIS BEND!
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Got it working. It really is nutty! I love the 1923 cars, they really are very interesting to drive. Just to bad that AC got its limitations in overheating, brake fade, etc.

***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

That's cool, I'm looking forward to driving those too. I've driven the 23s and they're honestly kind of fun.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

SBan83 wrote: 2 years ago
PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago I recorded a short vid with your usual clickbait thumbnail:

For your next video: YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT'S AROUND THIS BEND!
Word Unnecessarily CAPITALISED For Emphasis

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Cheeveer wrote: 2 years ago Got it working. It really is nutty! I love the 1923 cars, they really are very interesting to drive. Just to bad that AC got its limitations in overheating, brake fade, etc.

Nothing beats overheating in rF1 and leaving a 100 metre trail of small, identical circular clouds behind your car

Anyway I thought those things were modelled. Are they not?

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago
Cheeveer wrote: 2 years ago I've also been psyched about the earliest GP cars for AC. The 1923 cars are awesome, just wished there were more of them!

I agree, I really hope a few more come along with some period tracks too! I've been driving these around Florio, doesn't feel right to drive them around Brands Hatch or Silverstone.

Are you running it through Content Manager and activating Sol/CSP? It's pretty much a must these days.

I recorded a short vid with your usual clickbait thumbnail:

That looks like fun..... until the Bugatti unceremoniously tapped you over the top of the banking, the vid stopping with you in mid air. Did you miraculously end up bouncing back on the track? Glad to see you were undamaged!

As an aside it had me going online to look at steering wheels, but I aborted on the basis of I remember last time I got into racing games I didnt see sunlight or get anything done for a few months. :haha: I tend not to sleep a lot anyway but a wheel might interfere with what sleep I do get. :roll:

I'll probably stick with going to historic meetings. (I got a phone call today to say my complimentary pass to Phillip Island is 'in the post'. Thats less than a month away so hopefully there will be some 20's stuff there.)

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years agoThat looks like fun..... until the Bugatti unceremoniously tapped you over the top of the banking, the vid stopping with you in mid air. Did you miraculously end up bouncing back on the track? Glad to see you were undamaged!

As an aside it had me going online to look at steering wheels, but I aborted on the basis of I remember last time I got into racing games I didnt see sunlight or get anything done for a few months. :haha: I tend not to sleep a lot anyway but a wheel might interfere with what sleep I do get. :roll:

I'll probably stick with going to historic meetings. (I got a phone call today to say my complimentary pass to Phillip Island is 'in the post'. Thats less than a month away so hopefully there will be some 20's stuff there.)
Yeah, being tanks they seem quite happy to smash everything out of their way! Unfortunately the crash was fatal to car and driver :sorrow: I've driven another 5 races at the track today and each one ended up with me flying off the banking. I think I am doing something wrong. Seriously this car/track combination is mega fun though.

Btw I read that Sergio Loro is also working on the vintage brick version of Indianapolis. By the summer we should have some Indycars from the 1910s. That to me is more interesting than getting a 1937-1939 Grand Prix mod. Wouldn't mind seeing some vintage dirt ovals and board tracks being made either. I feel like this is kickstarting a whole new era for sim racing and one I have wanted for a long, long time.

The P.I. trip sounds cool! (And complimentary too? How did you get that? :mrgreen: )

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Nothing beats overheating in rF1 and leaving a 100 metre trail of small, identical circular clouds behind your car

AFAIK, the only engine damage in AC is from overrevving and doing gear shifts badly. I have not seen any temperature gauges in game or any significant braking data.

Bit of a shame, but AC is still a very nice driving experience. An endurance racing experience it is not however.

Saw your new Sitges AI on Racedepartment, gonna try it out. :thumbsup:

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Cheeveer wrote: 2 years ago

AFAIK, the only engine damage in AC is from overrevving and doing gear shifts badly. I have not seen any temperature gauges in game or any significant braking data.

Bit of a shame, but AC is still a very nice driving experience. An endurance racing experience it is not however.

Saw your new Sitges AI on Racedepartment, gonna try it out. :thumbsup:
That's a shame, since even those things are modelled in GPL. Let me know what you think of the new AI. I tried a longer race and it seemed to work pretty well for me!

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

An issue I found on the anti-clockwise circuit is that when a car reenters the track after pitting in the race, it takes a hard right turn into the grandstand, causing massive pile ups. After that it wall-rides along the right hand side of the track. Only saw the Delage doing that in a 15 lap race.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Cheeveer wrote: 2 years ago An issue I found on the anti-clockwise circuit is that when a car reenters the track after pitting in the race, it takes a hard right turn into the grandstand, causing massive pile ups. After that it wall-rides along the right hand side of the track. Only saw the Delage doing that in a 15 lap race.
Is that with my AI line or the default?

I'm on holiday for a few days (I'm a few hours from Tokyo) so I can try and fix that when I get back.

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Yes, with your AI.

1937 Le Mans winning Bugatti now released!
https://www.racedepartment.com/download ... 937.48672/