Cyberpunk 2077

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Antonov wrote: 3 years ago
Everso Biggyballies wrote: 3 years ago

@Everso Biggyballies : did you buy? :smiley:
No. My computer probably isnt up to games spec performance wise. Probably not my sort of game anyway..... I have never bought a game that is not motor sport.
maybe your PS4?
By all reports, the game runs quite poorly on PS4 and Xbox One S (PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are by and large okay) so might want to hold off.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

SB83 wrote: 3 years ago

No. My computer probably isnt up to games spec performance wise. Probably not my sort of game anyway..... I have never bought a game that is not motor sport.
maybe your PS4?
By all reports, the game runs quite poorly on PS4 and Xbox One S (PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are by and large okay) so might want to hold off.
I had an Xbox when they first came out but gave it away to a friend after a year or so.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

MonteCristo wrote: 3 years ago
PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago Alien: Isolation ... That turned out to be one of the greatest video games of all time and is almost as much of a cult classic as Half Life.
Hadn't heard of it. It's going on the wishlist!
Get it get it get it!!!
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

maybe your PS4?
Yeah I am reading lots of that on Facebook this morning. Some people on PC are playing for 10 hours straight with only minor graphical bugs, most console players are saying it is unplayable on their current gen hardware. I am sure in 6 months it will be worth playing!
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

Exactly. I'll be waiting a bit yet.

So... should I start playing Alien Isolation?
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

maybe your PS4?
I had an Xbox when they first came out but gave it away to a friend after a year or so.
Then it sounds like the base version of the Xbox (One S) and you're probably better off that you gave it away as the performance of this game on it would've likely made you toss it against the wall anyway. :tongue: It's the worst performer of all so far, followed closely by the base PS4. The X and Pro versions of Xbox and PS4 still run it adequately but the base versions are struggling so much that in some cases, they're rendering characters' faces a good 5-10 seconds after you walk up to them. :shocked:

Last edited by SBan83 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago

maybe your PS4?
Yeah I am reading lots of that on Facebook this morning. Some people on PC are playing for 10 hours straight with only minor graphical bugs, most console players are saying it is unplayable on their current gen hardware. I am sure in 6 months it will be worth playing!
Yea, with the severe shortage of the next-gen consoles, people on the base versions of PS4 and Xbox will be stuck with them for a while even if they wanted to upgrade to the next-gen consoles so CDPR better figure out some way to optimise the game on those platforms. But it will be a tall order I feel given the game's immense scale and complexities. Some feel if it's that bad, the game shouldn't have been released on the base versions of the two last-gen consoles but then that would've created another shitstorm.
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

Glad I didn't buy. Apparently the (console) release is a mess.

I'll be happy to buy it for half of the price, and when the whole thing is patched.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

No matter what they do, playing this game on last-gen consoles is going to be like driving around Spa in a lawnmower. The sheer amount of detail and complexity is such that if it's all tamed down, you're not experiencing it like the devs intended anyway. They've now realised it was foolish to even release this on last-gen devices and are offering refunds for both digital and physical purchases of those versions.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

What a mess of their own making
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless