F1 2020

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
jozilian
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Driver: Jenson Button
Favourite Circuit: Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve

F1 2020

Post by jozilian »

is there anyone gonna buy this game for xbox?
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

pre-ordered the deluxe (Schumacher) edition for PS4
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Thinking about ordering for PS4, but I am crap at any circuit with fast left rights because the mushroom sticks simply aren't accurate enough vs using a wheel.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Antonov »

DoubleFart wrote: 3 years ago Thinking about ordering for PS4, but I am crap at any circuit with fast left rights because the mushroom sticks simply aren't accurate enough vs using a wheel.
I found the controls on F1 2019 to be very good (using the PS4 controller).

if you want, we can do it online together.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

Antonov wrote: 3 years ago
DoubleFart wrote: 3 years ago Thinking about ordering for PS4, but I am crap at any circuit with fast left rights because the mushroom sticks simply aren't accurate enough vs using a wheel.

I've just ordered Schumacher edition. I couldn't resist it. I know i'll struggle compared to guys on a wheel, but I will see if I can get more practice in. My wife certainly has less issues with me playing a racing game than a war game. We're also getting an extension built on the back of the house and I may well be able to turn it into a bit of a games room...
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Antonov »

DoubleFart wrote: 3 years ago
Antonov wrote: 3 years ago

I've just ordered Schumacher edition. I couldn't resist it. I know i'll struggle compared to guys on a wheel [...]
:thumbsup:

having a wheel these days isn't as essential as it may seem. The GT Sport championship was won by a lad using a PS4 controller.

shame they didn't include the '96 Ferrari in the game.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

What do you have for a release/delivery date on the Schumacher edition?

Apparently it'll be delivered to me on the 7th, however various websites are stating that the game is released on the 10th. I'm now unsure as to if the Schumacher edition is released early or it's a mistake on the delivery website?
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Antonov »

DoubleFart wrote: 3 years ago What do you have for a release/delivery date on the Schumacher edition?

Apparently it'll be delivered to me on the 7th, however various websites are stating that the game is released on the 10th. I'm now unsure as to if the Schumacher edition is released early or it's a mistake on the delivery website?
7th - the Schumacher edition is released three days early.

can you provide me with your PSN username, or add me? it is 'tobigrad' in my case.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

I've been meaning to add you for ages - I will add you at lunchtime - if I don't then please repost in this thread!
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

Nice little exchange here. I'm "Vettel" on the outside, slight touch with Leclerc who is nearly turned around, before I touch Hamilton on the exit under power. Late braking and deep into the next turn and I was into the lead.

DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

One of the first laps I did on the game yesterday. I'm still finding the controller a struggle, but today I was certainly feeling faster.

White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Should arrive on Tuesday. Split screen is what we've been waiting for here. My son thinks he's quicker than me but looking at time trials this only seems to apply to Austria and Singapore
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

DoubleFart wrote: 3 years ago One of the first laps I did on the game yesterday. I'm still finding the controller a struggle, but today I was certainly feeling faster.

Those red cars are in general quite slow
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

I was quite disappointed that the F2 cars in F1 2020 don't have the new 18-inch wheels. I mean, we all laugh at the memes that mock sports games for being yearly cash grabs for publishers, with minimal changes to sponsor logos on jerseys and a few minor texture and gameplay updates, and this doesn't help.

Not saying F1 2020 is a cash-grab as the 'My Team' feature no doubt is a huge addition that took considerable development time, I'm sure, but c'mon man, gimme my 18-inch wheels.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

SB83 wrote: 3 years ago I was quite disappointed that the F2 cars in F1 2020 don't have the new 18-inch wheels. I mean, we all laugh at the memes that mock sports games for being yearly cash grabs for publishers, with minimal changes to sponsor logos on jerseys and a few minor texture and gameplay updates, and this doesn't help.

Not saying F1 2020 is a cash-grab as the 'My Team' feature no doubt is a huge addition that took considerable development time, I'm sure, but c'mon man, gimme my 18-inch wheels.
I'll let them off of this one actually, as they offer the 2019 season F2 cars in addition to the 2020 cars. This means they need two different wheel and tyre models, and this could be quite intensive.