Nascar Racing 2003 Season

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

manny wrote: 3 years ago
Antonov wrote: 3 years ago thank you very much, @manny !

I found a different method to get it working (and I can't even remember now :blush:)
Then it isn't easier then mine. :smiley:

Anyway, i have a question myself.
I'm not to happy how the Yello Flags work in this game. For example, if you spin or anybody spins in the game. But doesn't hit anybody, there isn't any Full Course Yello. Is there a way to make those triggers a bit more sensetive?
I would guess the answer is somewhere in the EXE's coding, so the answer is probably no...
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
manny
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Driver: Mark Webber, Max Verstappen,
Favourite Circuit: Le Mans

Post by manny »

Are you guys into making your own cars? Well i downloaded the COT from Superspeedway.net and i found so good as no fantasy cars on the web for this mod so i tryed my very own. Is my very 1st car i ever did for NR2003, so i basicly have no clue what i done. :smiley:

WIP.
manny
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by manny »

PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago
manny wrote: 3 years ago
Antonov wrote: 3 years ago thank you very much, @manny !

I found a different method to get it working (and I can't even remember now :blush:)
Then it isn't easier then mine. :smiley:

Anyway, i have a question myself.
I'm not to happy how the Yello Flags work in this game. For example, if you spin or anybody spins in the game. But doesn't hit anybody, there isn't any Full Course Yello. Is there a way to make those triggers a bit more sensetive?
I would guess the answer is somewhere in the EXE's coding, so the answer is probably no...
Actually there is a way to change this.
Did you know, the game has some cheats?

If you go to Options then Other & change the Autochat Messages to !yellow$
You can trigger an instant full course yellow.
It doesn't matter which slot you use from those 10 available, it will work with every one.
Another cheat code would be
!lap+ #10$ to add 10 more laps
or
!lap- #10$ to remove 10 laps
WIP.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

That’s not how the lap addition and subtraction works, in the examples you give you are adding one lap to the car number 10, not adding 10 laps to the race length.

Regarding yellows, you can change its sensitivity by adjusting the surface assignment in sandbox to apron, but this will also apply to multi-car crashes, so in short if you want the game to decide in any way when a yellow flies, then no you can’t adjust its sensitivity.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
manny
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by manny »

So, i have to type this !yellow$ if i want a yellow phase when the game doesn't give me one. And yes i know is cheating and not really a solution to this problem.
Still interessting post with this sandbox to apron thingy.
WIP.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Yup, in theory you could assign the entire track as apron and NR would be very timid about throwing cautions, then throw them yourself with the !yellow$ hot key.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Are those 'cheat codes' mainly intended for online use, e.g. if the person hosting the race wants to play as race director? Or are they well hidden?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

They only work online if you are logged in as an admin.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Anybody know of a higher quality/more recent version of Bathurst made for this game? The only one I could find is from 2003-2004, meaning the textures are pretty low res and the AI are very slow down straightaways for some reason.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

2022 mod got released a couple of days ago.

DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Why has a 19 year old game been so well supported by the mod community? Were the following game engines shit, or not as easy to mod, what's the deal?
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

DoubleFart wrote: 2 years ago Why has a 19 year old game been so well supported by the mod community? Were the following game engines shit, or not as easy to mod, what's the deal?
You basically answered your own question, plus other stuff like the latest NASCAR game doesn’t even have a working mirror, pit stops, or even remotely realistic driving physics, something that GPL and NR had 20 years ago, NR2003 was the last true “sim” where everything was manual and as real as it can get, and obviously we have all the modding tools and stuff like that.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Collision boxes look like they could use some work though. Is this a full on physics mod too?

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago Collision boxes look like they could use some work though. Is this a full on physics mod too?

Looks like the alleged (mythical?) undersize Chevy NASCAR Smokey Yunick built.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
mk3003

Post by mk3003 »

With iRacing making some acquisitions, could that be the end of NR2003 mod development?
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

mk3003 wrote: 2 years ago With iRacing making some acquisitions, could that be the end of NR2003 mod development?
Welcome to the forum :).

I'm not a member of the NR2003 community, so I don't know how strong it is.

But the problem - for me - with iRacing is the subscription fee, rather than an up-front cost. I imagine existing NR2003 devs and players would continue to be drawn to a product that they already have, and in the modders case that they can control.

Over time it'll die off, but if it's strong now, it'll be fine for a while. The Age of Empires 2 community is still huge (bigger than for many, many years), and it's 22 years old.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion