Forza 7 - Project Cars 2 - Gran Turismo Sport

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

PC2 was an improvement in most areas on PC. However, like any sim that tries to be the jack of all trades, it pulls off some cars better than others, which for me devalued the whole package as I much prefer the opposite. Also, due to this, things like transmission models are flawed. So if you have both an h-shifter and paddles, you can use either for every car. So here I am going from 5th to 2nd in a freakin F1 car like it's a NASCAR lol. In the same vein, no proper gearbox modelling so even cars that required manual clutch or at least a well-timed lift or blip to shift or downshift in real life can be shifted flatout. Online, 90% of the servers were GT3 since those seem to be the best modelled anyway.

Of course, PC3 finally gave up all ambitions of being a sim but it's no Forza or Gran Turismo either.
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago
Antonov wrote: 3 years ago
PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago It seems like Project Cars is the least favourite game here. Does anyone own PC2?
I do. Played it once or twice, lol.
Really? Is it that bad?

Also, could you do me a massive favour relating to the game?
- First question: probably not. I have an annoying habbit of buying games which are of interest to me, but I then fail to play them (extensively).The strength of PC2 is probably its weakness for me: there are too many series.
Yes, I'm a spoiled brat probably.

- Second question: sure, let me know.

(please note I play most games, including PC2, on the PlayStation)