iRacing

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I can't be bothered to race on the service ATM.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Ian-S wrote:I can't be bothered to race on the service ATM.
Is that the same as 'cha-ching' racing? :dunno:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

I assume he's talking about iRacing being 'pay as you go'
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

my sub runs out at the end of this month, I haven't done an official race since something like May, and only did one league race during that time, the appeal just isn't there, don't feel connected to the track at all. Maybe it's too much NR2k3 league racing, or maybe the novelty of iR has worn off, even hot lapping in AC is more appealing tbh.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Ian-S wrote:.....my sub runs out at the end of this month, I haven't done an official race since something like May, and only did one league race during that time....
Sounds like the words of a F1 'Pay' Test driver. :whistling:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

:lol: yup.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Ian = Max Chilton

Shame on you
Puhis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Rallying
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 79
Favourite Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Favourite Circuit: Nürburgring
Car(s) Currently Owned: -

Post by Puhis »

Riley is a ton of fun. Too bad not many people race it. Still, I like the car, although I couldn't be bothered to give an official race a go in Montreal because, well, I value my SR.

Been driving a lot of Adv. Mazda and GTC lately, especially last week in Bathurst. GT3 has been on hold lately for me.
"When you put the car into the wall, you have made some mistake before it's in the wall."

-Tapani Linnaluoto, my commentary partner during a Classic Lotus Grand Prix race at Watkins Glen.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

I qualified the Mazda at Bathurst, but never got around racing it. An interesting challenge for sure. If you got tired of driving it, you were driving it wrong.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Puhis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Puhis »

Cheeveer wrote:I qualified the Mazda at Bathurst, but never got around racing it. An interesting challenge for sure. If you got tired of driving it, you were driving it wrong.
Indeed it was.

Well, I just drove an official WSCS race in Montreal, and I must say it was a nightmare, despite gaining about .2 SR. The setup wasn't to my liking, so I just focused on keeping the damn thing on straight and narrow. I succeeded, and finished 4th (out of 6) in my class. With that said, I was 2 seconds off the pace and did some rather stupid errors. DFGT pedals and no ABS isn't a healthy combination, I should really try Ian's squish ball trick.
"When you put the car into the wall, you have made some mistake before it's in the wall."

-Tapani Linnaluoto, my commentary partner during a Classic Lotus Grand Prix race at Watkins Glen.
Puhis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Puhis »

Update on my progress:

Decided to buy a gel ball. Put it under the brake pedal. Decided to buy a Skippy. Started racing.

Long story short: Been accepted to Skip Barber 2K World Cup, although aside from the 7th place in Zandvoort, I've had some bad luck with the blown engine in Okayama and a lap 1 mayhem in Suzuka. As for the ratings, well, I'm SR Class A 3.50 with an iRating of 4416. My 3rd full week of running Skippy just ended, and I'm quite pleased with my progress so far. Been driving a lot of races, and I've got some decent finishes in them, too, so my iR is up from 3300 (season start) to the current 4416. Also, the Div 1 cutoff was around 3500 iR so I'm still a Div 2 Skippy driver, which is nice points-wise. I'm currently sitting in 5th on Div 2 points for this season, but that will change next week as I don't really plan on buying COTA. Hate the track, and it's apparently a nightmare to learn as well, so I'm buying Sebring and focusing my efforts on the WSCS with Ford GT2 instead.

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Yeah Cota is shit
Puhis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Puhis »

iRacing Masters of Endurance round 3 (24H) is underway at Spa-Francorchamps. I'm racing for Marlboro Motorsports, and we are currently a lap behind after 2½ hours, which is not bad considering we lost 40 extra seconds during our first pit stop. My stints will be from 9-10 PM EET, 4-6 AM, 10-11 AM, 1-2 PM and 4-5 PM. We have 4 drivers, so it will be 6 hours each.

If you're interested or really, really bored, you can follow the race live on MoE website.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

:thumbsup:
Current McLaren F1 car to hit iRacing this summer

DRS and KERS are expected to be included in the digital MP4-30.

McLaren Racing and iRacing.com announced plans to create a digital version of the 2015 McLaren Formula One car for iRacing’s popular online motorsports simulation.

iRacing’s version of the McLaren-Honda MP4-30, featuring virtual Kinetic Energy Recovery and Drag Reduction System, will join the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 and more than 50 other virtual race cars available on iRacing by late summer.

“This is great news for iRacing and the more than 60,000 iRacers around the world,” said Steve Myers, Executive Vice President and Executive Producer at iRacing.com. “In addition to making current technology from one of Formula One’s most successful teams available to our members, this project strengthens our relationship with McLaren Racing which already includes the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 and McLaren Electronics’ Atlas Express data acquisition system.”

Myers and iRacing chief executive/chief technical officer Dave Kaemmer, recently visited McLaren Racing headquarters in England to meet with Jonathan Neale, Chief Operating Officer and Steve Houghton, Head of Vehicle Dynamics at McLaren Racing for an in-depth discussion of the technical aspects of building the MP4-30 to ensure the creation of an authentic version of the car.

“McLaren Racing is pleased to be working with iRacing in developing a digital version of the McLaren MP4-30,” said Neale. “This is the next logical step in what has proven to be a successful relationship between two leaders in the motorsports industry, and everyone at McLaren Racing is looking forward to seeing the McLaren MP4-30 on the virtual tracks of iRacing.”
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Puhis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Puhis »

PTRACER wrote::thumbsup:
Current McLaren F1 car to hit iRacing this summer

DRS and KERS are expected to be included in the digital MP4-30.

McLaren Racing and iRacing.com announced plans to create a digital version of the 2015 McLaren Formula One car for iRacing’s popular online motorsports simulation.

iRacing’s version of the McLaren-Honda MP4-30, featuring virtual Kinetic Energy Recovery and Drag Reduction System, will join the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 and more than 50 other virtual race cars available on iRacing by late summer.

“This is great news for iRacing and the more than 60,000 iRacers around the world,” said Steve Myers, Executive Vice President and Executive Producer at iRacing.com. “In addition to making current technology from one of Formula One’s most successful teams available to our members, this project strengthens our relationship with McLaren Racing which already includes the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 and McLaren Electronics’ Atlas Express data acquisition system.”

Myers and iRacing chief executive/chief technical officer Dave Kaemmer, recently visited McLaren Racing headquarters in England to meet with Jonathan Neale, Chief Operating Officer and Steve Houghton, Head of Vehicle Dynamics at McLaren Racing for an in-depth discussion of the technical aspects of building the MP4-30 to ensure the creation of an authentic version of the car.

“McLaren Racing is pleased to be working with iRacing in developing a digital version of the McLaren MP4-30,” said Neale. “This is the next logical step in what has proven to be a successful relationship between two leaders in the motorsports industry, and everyone at McLaren Racing is looking forward to seeing the McLaren MP4-30 on the virtual tracks of iRacing.”
That should be interesting. I'll be racing mostly Star Mazda and Skippy next season, but planning to go for Pro in fall, if things go as planned.

Meanwhile, I've lost about 1k iRating in 2 weeks, thanks to not only own mistakes but mostly a run of incredibly bad luck, including a random loss of connection and getting wrecked in lap 1 a few times. Will be a bitch to get it back, but right now I'm concentrating more on finding some pure, raw speed.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Clearly they meant "This summer in Australia", because the McLaren is being released finally on December 8th.

Although it's still been three years since I last iRaced! I plan to come back to it again some day, I guess...I don't feel any strong desire to though.

Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records