iRacing

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Paedos aside, I am 100% convinced iRacing is still not ready for me to subscribe. It has been almost a decade since I last paid them any money and the reason I stopped was because of the unrealistic tyre model. I remember the V8 Supercars feeling like wheelbarrows, they were absolutely HORRIBLE to drive.

And 10 years later it seems it is still broken. Nicki Thiim basically says iRacing's tyre model is "fucking shit". He also said Assetto Corsa is way closer to the real thing, because you can attack, whereas in iRacing you have to "drive like a little girl" to go fast. I also heard one of the Indycar drivers putting down iRacing when they did the virtual race at Barber Motorsports Park. It also says everything that all these eSports series are using rF2 as a base, not iRacing.

Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Does anyone have a current subscription to iRacing?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

Lor Bet
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: Motor Racing in general
Favourite Racing Car: McLaren M7A, Ferrari 158 and 335 S
Favourite Driver: Bruce McLaren
Favourite Circuit: Targa Florio and Snaefell Course

Post by Lor Bet »

PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago Does anyone have a current subscription to iRacing?
My annual iRacing subscription has just runoff. Honestly, the only 2 good things about iRacing are online racing (always full of fast and good people) and its continuous update.
For me, it's way better rFacor 2 in terms of physichs and ffb.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtnvcl ... 57H4LscJQA
“I've stopped smoking, I don't drink anymore, I've cut down my sexual appetites, but I'm going even slower!” - Alessandro Nannini 1990
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

I find iRacing hard to justify now because I've started enjoying other types of games (shooters, adventure, and what have you) as well as less-hardcore racing games. Back a few years ago, when iRacing was my exclusive playtime title of choice, it made more sense since it's not really something you can just pick up and play, not if you want to be competitive to some degree anyway. And with an hour, some times two, of free time to play games amid work, family, chores, etc., I've let my subscription run out a while back.

But, for sure, if you have the time and play it exclusively and not much else, there's really no comparison to what it offers. Absolutely the next best thing to buying your own race car and going competing.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Lor Bet wrote: 3 years ago
My annual iRacing subscription has just runoff. Honestly, the only 2 good things about iRacing are online racing (always full of fast and good people) and its continuous update.
For me, it's way better rFacor 2 in terms of physichs and ffb.
I have never driven rF2, but I hear the same. I think that's one reason why so many virtual championships last year were held in rF2 and not iRacing.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

I just paid for a 1 month sub to iRacing. I have 112 replays saved from 2009-2011 and I want to test the Lotus 49. I also want to see what has changed. The last time I subbed was 2013 so I expect it to be rather different now.

FedBet57
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Sportscar
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Solitude, Nurburgring

Post by FedBet57 »

I did a monthly subscription on 24 march of this year, I've only a few days left. In my opinion, rF2 has a better ffb if you play with a "cheap" steering wheel, but with a direct drive iRacing should be better.
"There's more fun in a gallon of gasoline than in a barrell of booze"
Mopar24vmuscle

Post by Mopar24vmuscle »

I have had iracing for 10 years and it has come a long way dirt was a great addition and in the few next gen cup races I have run they seem to be the most competitive and clean racing in the service.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago I just paid for a 1 month sub to iRacing. I have 112 replays saved from 2009-2011 and I want to test the Lotus 49. I also want to see what has changed. The last time I subbed was 2013 so I expect it to be rather different now.
I just resubbed again for another month. I have to say that it feels really, really weird. The last time I subbed I only drove the Lotus 49 and it's really different to what I expected. The slower cars like the Formula Vee are good fun. Not sure about the Skippy, it seems to be a sequential gearbox but you still need to lift off the throttle to change gears which makes it kind of annoying to drive.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Just did my first race in ten years! I finished 2nd. Someone turned into me at T1 so I got a 4x, so my Road SR which has been 2.28A since 2011 has dropped to 2.24, but I am confident I can get it back up again. I actually increased my iRating by +30 to 3509.

Might stick around on this game a bit longer.

Puhis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Rallying
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 79
Favourite Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Favourite Circuit: Nürburgring
Car(s) Currently Owned: -

Post by Puhis »

PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago Just did my first race in ten years! I finished 2nd. Someone turned into me at T1 so I got a 4x, so my Road SR which has been 2.28A since 2011 has dropped to 2.24, but I am confident I can get it back up again. I actually increased my iRating by +30 to 3509.

Might stick around on this game a bit longer.
You need to try the Lotus 79. They have an awesome community and their own Discord server, couple of races throughout the week, and a broadcasted hot split on Sundays.
"When you put the car into the wall, you have made some mistake before it's in the wall."

-Tapani Linnaluoto, my commentary partner during a Classic Lotus Grand Prix race at Watkins Glen.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Virtual Winton set for iRacing release

I see that Australia's Winton Raceway is set to be on the latest iRacing release. I have watched the video of it, and having done hundreds of laps there I can say it is pretty accurate. I dont have iRacing so cant say what the actual physics are like. Anyway here is the press release and also the video.
Winton Motor Raceway is set to be released as part of the latest update to subscription-based simulator platform iRacing.

In doing so, Winton becomes the fourth circuit from Australia to be released on iRacing after the Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit, the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit, and Oran Park Raceway.

Users can drive Supercars’ current Gen2-specification Ford Mustang and Holden ZB Commodore, as well as the FG X Falcon and VF Commodore.

Winton is part of a sizeable update to the service being released later this week, which includes another new circuit; Federated Auto Parts Raceway at I-55.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/03/08/vi ... g-release/

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

https://youtube.com/shorts/CFTe9xHSB7U? ... _crZkZv5US

@SBan83 This randomly came up on YouTube Shorts while I was doomscrolling on my phone lol

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

PTRACER wrote: 6 months ago https://youtube.com/shorts/CFTe9xHSB7U? ... _crZkZv5US

@SBan83 This randomly came up on YouTube Shorts while I was doomscrolling on my phone lol

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

PTRACER wrote: 6 months ago https://youtube.com/shorts/CFTe9xHSB7U? ... _crZkZv5US

Hahaha, can't believe they're still talking about that. :haha: