New GPL Addons Site

Discussion and releases for the 1998 racing simulation by Sierra/Papyrus
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Yes. So we would have a tree like this, not individual top level categories if that is possible.

Car Addons
> 1955 mod
> 1965 mod
> 1967 mod
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Michkov wrote: 1 year ago Yes. So we would have a tree like this, not individual top level categories if that is possible.

Car Addons
> 1955 mod
> 1965 mod
> 1967 mod
It's possible yeah. I'm just taking a little break from all of this because I'm totally drained from work lately, but I'll put these on the list of changes to implement.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

I found a bug. In the Tracks page, searching for tracks beginning with D leads to tracks starting with C. None of the other buttons have that issue.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Michkov wrote: 1 year ago I found a bug. In the Tracks page, searching for tracks beginning with D leads to tracks starting with C. None of the other buttons have that issue.
Thanks, this will probably be a minor copying and pasting problem in the code. Will sort it tomorrow
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

I've emptied and uploaded my dropbox folder of GPL addons. That's it from my side for now. I'll keep adding little by little as I come across files on my HD. Two things, the "Misc. addons" section isn't visible in the sidebar on the left. I've uploaded everything I couldn't sort into your categories into that. The second is, do we want old/deprecated versions in the database? I had Irridux's 1966 carset in the dropbox. It's just the 3D models not physics or anything. I'm unsure what to do with it.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Michkov wrote: 1 year ago I've emptied and uploaded my dropbox folder of GPL addons. That's it from my side for now. I'll keep adding little by little as I come across files on my HD. Two things, the "Misc. addons" section isn't visible in the sidebar on the left. I've uploaded everything I couldn't sort into your categories into that. The second is, do we want old/deprecated versions in the database? I had Irridux's 1966 carset in the dropbox. It's just the 3D models not physics or anything. I'm unsure what to do with it.
Awesome, thanks very much!!! I will have to manually add the link to the Misc Addons if it isn't there. I haven't had a chance to fix the Track Database link yet either.

I would probably say it's not worth uploading these older addons that have become irrelevant due to physics mods and the like, although part of me likes the idea of having a 'historical' database of sorts. I'll probably still upload pointless things like the Bandwidth Patch just for completion. Or the original 0.0.0.5 demo version even though it only works on Windows 95.

Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

For when you are updating the page. I'd set the default search to look at the whole database. Right now its set to only look in the category you are currently in. I find it more intuitive to have it look at everything as a default and limited as an option. It also would make cross checking between track addons and tracks much easier.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Michkov wrote: 1 year ago For when you are updating the page. I'd set the default search to look at the whole database. Right now its set to only look in the category you are currently in. I find it more intuitive to have it look at everything as a default and limited as an option. It also would make cross checking between track addons and tracks much easier.
I've basically had to separate the track database from the rest of the addons for practical reasons.

I've fixed the letter C and letter D link issue you pointed out a while ago now. Btw do you have a US GPL EXE by any chance? I only have my own UK one.

Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

I don't know, at least not as a loose file. What am I looking for to determine the version of the exe?
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Michkov wrote: 1 year ago I don't know, at least not as a loose file. What am I looking for to determine the version of the exe?
There's an 8 byte size difference between US and non-US versions, which effects how patches are applied. I found out the GPLPS Installer has all versions of the EXE packed inside so I've managed to get the US EXE now! Thanks anyway!

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Made some minor layout updates and added a WYSIWYG editor for those of you who are signed up as contributors.

Downloading also requires an account (this is to stop people using bots to download the entire DB in one go and kill the site's bandwidth)

Monkeyape

Post by Monkeyape »

Hi, PTRACER, can I become a contributor please? I have some track 3dos I might want to preserve.

Thanks,

MeandMe
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Monkeyape wrote: 1 year ago Hi, PTRACER, can I become a contributor please? I have some track 3dos I might want to preserve.

Thanks,

MeandMe
I have sent you a PM :smiley:

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

it seems that SRMZ will be returned to us imminently, however GPL Addons has grown from 7 members to 90 in just about 10 days :thumbsup: I have no regrets about the hours I put into making it and it'll always be there in case SRMZ isn't!

ROOKIE4EVER

Post by ROOKIE4EVER »

Hi Paul.

It seems that there is no Enna Pergusa.

For Sviestad it is in the L. It might be better in the S ?

Greetings. :mrgreen: