Computer Game Videos Anyone...

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Cheeveer wrote: 3 years ago The reason I have Assetto Corsa installed.

So I've just installed AC after seeing this. Where can I get this mod+tracks, etc.?
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

SB83 wrote: 2 years ago
Cheeveer wrote: 3 years ago The reason I have Assetto Corsa installed.
So I've just installed AC after seeing this. Where can I get this mod+tracks, etc.?
racedepartment.com, links are in the Youtube description!
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Another great historic clip from GPLaps.

"Italotracks has released a version of the Circuito di Napoli, Posillipo, home of the Napoli Grand Prix on and off from 1934 - 1957. This circuit is amazingly detailed and an incredible layout. This might be the best classic grand prix course I have raced in a long time, its a great layout and could be fun with many, many cars."
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

I put a 5 litre Chevrolet 302 engine into the back of a 1969 McLaren M1A...Turns out F5000 is a lot of fun :smiley:

Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago I put a 5 litre Chevrolet 302 engine into the back of a 1969 McLaren M10A...Turns out F5000 is a lot of fun :smiley:

Not being picky but....... McLaren M1A (and M1B) were Can Am cars, not F5000. I know that because an Aussie guy I know (Laurie Bennett) has a black M1B he races here and in Europe quite a lot. And it is a Can Am car.

Maybe you mean an M10A? :dunno: I think that was their first F5000 car and was c1969 which fits the scene..... about 5 years after the M1.

Edit: I found this article on the M1A: https://themotorhood.com/themotorhood/2 ... claren-214

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago
PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago I put a 5 litre Chevrolet 302 engine into the back of a 1969 McLaren M10A...Turns out F5000 is a lot of fun :smiley:

Not being picky but....... McLaren M1A (and M1B) were Can Am cars, not F5000. I know that because an Aussie guy I know (Laurie Bennett) has a black M1B he races here and in Europe quite a lot. And it is a Can Am car.

Maybe you mean an M10A? :dunno: I think that was their first F5000 car and was c1969 which fits the scene..... about 5 years after the M1.

Edit: I found this article on the M1A: https://themotorhood.com/themotorhood/2 ... claren-214
Yeah of course I meant M10A, it was just a typo.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Not many knew this, I would guess, but the PS1 actually had a Mille Miglia game, made by the same people who later made Carmageddon, a game where you score points by mutilating people and animals with vehicles.

Rather interesting find, for me anyway, as I don't think there's ever been any recreation of the MM in any game since or even in any of the mod-friendly titles like GPL, rF2, AC, etc.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Mr_Ferrari wrote: 2 years ago Not many knew this, I would guess, but the PS1 actually had a Mille Miglia game, made by the same people who later made Carmageddon, a game where you score points by mutilating people and animals with vehicles.

Rather interesting find, for me anyway, as I don't think there's ever been any recreation of the MM in any game since or even in any of the mod-friendly titles like GPL, rF2, AC, etc.

I bought it back in the day, still have it. I probably played it once or twice and then got bored. There's arcade physics and then there's this game.....

MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Impressive visually, but the cars wobble around horribly.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Uuugh...... I keep getting reminded of those dreadful grooved tyres I had (almost) forgotten about. :insulted: :annoyed:

manny
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Driver: Mark Webber, Max Verstappen,
Favourite Circuit: Le Mans

Post by manny »

Mr_Ferrari wrote: 2 years ago Not many knew this, I would guess, but the PS1 actually had a Mille Miglia game, made by the same people who later made Carmageddon, a game where you score points by mutilating people and animals with vehicles.

The Amiga ha an Mille Miglia game called Mille Miglia. It sucked :twothumbs:
WIP.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

manny wrote: 2 years ago

The Amiga ha an Mille Miglia game called Mille Miglia. It sucked :twothumbs:
A bit of video and info on the Amiga 1000 Miglia game. Its no sim type game thats for sure. :haha:
The Mille Miglia, "The most beautiful race in the world". This may be the first 'historic' racing game of all time. 1000 Miglia is a fun arcade/racing game from 1991 developed by Italian Developer Simulmondo. The game recreates the famous Italian Mille Miglia road race between 1927 and 1933. Fagioli, Nouvalari, Campari, Varzi, all of the legends are here. Not only must you keep the car on the circuit, but there is a fun management aspect to the game where you must rate your drivers and choose to carry the necessary equipment to repair your car and complete the race. The racing is broken up into "Legs" which all vary in scenery and for a 1991 release is quite a beautiful game. So join me in discovering the "1000 Miglia" for the Amiga!
0:00 Intro
0:51 Background
3:05 Menus
3:45 Driver Creation
6:19 Car Selection
8:11 Spare Parts
9:38 Mille Miglia Race
39:15 Final Thoughts

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

ACC is the best looking game at the moment, all categories.

Just some laps in the wet at Oulton Park:

***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

and early morning at Bathurst: