Rate the 2022 Miami GP

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.

Rate the 2022 Miami GP

No votes
6%
No votes
11%
17%
33%
17%
17%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 18

julif
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1, Nascar, INDYCAR, Le Mans, Rally
Favourite Driver: Helio
Favourite Circuit: Indianapolis

Post by julif »

Bottom post of the previous page:

A 5 for me.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Michael Ferner wrote: 1 year ago I'm slowly beginning to get the hang of modern F1 (or, maybe, I'm just getting numb to its obvious shortcomings), so I was really enjoying the race most of the time. 6 points from me. Oh, and the safety car was out for too long!! :annoyed:
Behave will you!

Next thing @Andy will be saying he was on the edge of his chair in suspense watching! :rofl: :haha:

Yes I agree re the SC. :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

I gave it 7, I'm not sure why, most of it was pretty dull, but it got better after the safety car, for a short while anyway.

I am with @DownForce it's always better without Mercedes on the podium.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Star wrote: 1 year ago I gave it 7, I'm not sure why, most of it was pretty dull, but it got better after the safety car, for a short while anyway.

Is it, all we did this year is swap silver cars against red cars?
I'd rather have more than two teams being able to get on the podium then a two horse race, personally the orange ones, but if it is the silvers, greens or blues I won't complain either.
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Michkov wrote: 1 year ago
Star wrote: 1 year ago I gave it 7, I'm not sure why, most of it was pretty dull, but it got better after the safety car, for a short while anyway.

I'd rather have more than two teams being able to get on the podium then a two horse race, personally the orange ones, but if it is the silvers, greens or blues I won't complain either.
Unfortunately, you're right. It's the Max and Charles show this year instead of the Max and Lewis show that we had last year. I remember when we had 3, 4 or even sometimes dare I say it, 5 or 6 people regularly vying for wins. I know it doesn't happen that often but it was better than what we're currently getting.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
Circuitmaster
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Circuitmaster »

I remember back in '98 people said they were tired of only two teams winning. Murray Walker said their were plenty of years where only one team was winning, so take what you can get.

After the Lewis years, I absolutely agree with him.
Guess the pole champion 2014
Guess the pole champion 2015
Guess the pole accuracy champion 2015
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Michkov wrote: 1 year ago

I hunker for those days again, but I don't see this as being like 2014-2021 with different colours. For one, I feel Max had to overcome incredible odds to beat Lewis last year and the 7 seasons prior to that were totally a one-horse race. This season already has a different feeling to the others, even though only two drivers have been in contention so far.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Certainly it isn't full domination by one team, where the others have to hope they slip up, thats for sure. So far I've been enjoying it
Arthur-vL
Favourite Motorsport: Everything except for drag racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus
Favourite Driver: Verstappen
Favourite Circuit: The Nurburgring Norschleiffe!

Post by Arthur-vL »

A 3 from me.

What was nice is that it had walls directly to the track and this makes that you can't make a mistake at certain corners. So that was an a dvantage.

Other then that the "harbor" was terrible as well as the act after the finish with bringing the winner to the podium. Once this was a sport with privateers, but currently this is the playground for big manufacturers and Liberty is too scared to scare them away and lose the big money.
Hence the Miami GP, cause Liberty knows how the show works in the USA so they try to get as much monay out of it as possible. The same with contracting Middle-East circuits for the long term just to be sure of huge revenue.

Huh, I sound like Waldorf, but I just saw some footage of the Spa 2022 endurance race and that looks like a proper track. Also I watched a qualifying lap, 2004/2005, with Schumacher around Monaco and at the chicane he is almost losing it, but he saves it which gaves me gose bumps. Therefore the artificial GP of Miami receives a 3 from me.
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago
Michael Ferner wrote: 1 year ago I'm slowly beginning to get the hang of modern F1 (or, maybe, I'm just getting numb to its obvious shortcomings), so I was really enjoying the race most of the time. 6 points from me. Oh, and the safety car was out for too long!! :annoyed:
Behave will you!

Next thing @Andy will be saying he was on the edge of his chair in suspense watching! :rofl: :haha:

Yes I agree re the SC. :wink:
:mrgreen: :twothumbs: :twothumbs: :twothumbs:
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies