Guess the Pole 2022: Round 3 - Australia [+RESULTS]

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Michael Ferner wrote: 2 years ago Isn't it Downforce who won?
He changed his time, @XcraigX has listed his old time, he changed it to 1:17.156, I bet he wished he hadn't :shocked:

Poor @DownForce :sorrow:
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
XcraigX
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

Post by XcraigX »

Star wrote: 2 years ago
Michael Ferner wrote: 2 years ago Isn't it Downforce who won?
He changed his time, @XcraigX has listed his old time, he changed it to 1:17.156, I bet he wished he hadn't :shocked:

Poor @DownForce :sorrow:
XcraigX wrote: 2 years ago
THE GTP RULES (Fresh update for 2022)
1. Your guess must be entered in a 1:23.456 format (please use all 3 decimal places).
2. You can change your time guess as many times as you wish prior to the cutoff time (start of the first free practice).
3. You must not edit your time after the deadline as I will count any edit after the deadline time as a DNF. If you need to fix the grammar, please add another entry comment (unless you really want to change your entry time).
4. Points payout uses the older F1 points format and consists of:
1st = 10 Points (with a +10 point bonus for exact guess to the thousandths place for a total of 20 points)
2nd = 6 Points
3rd = 4 Points
4th = 3 Points
5th = 2 Points
6th = 1 Point
5. Any duplicate time guesses will score that place to the first person who entered it in this thread. The second person will finish one place down, etc...
(Example: If 3 people guess the winning time the same, the first place goes to the person with the earliest guess time, 2nd goes to the next guess time and third goes to the last. The next slowest unique time will score 4th place.)
6. If you edit your time and end up with a duplicate, the last time you entered a guess will be counted as your guess time used in rule 5 (regardless if you changed back to an earlier guess or not).
7. The Accuracy Championship is calculated based on how far your guess is from the actual pole time. Your total accuracy is a sum of all your guess differentials for the season. Often the Point Champ is different from the Accuracy Champ.
]8. This year we will trial allowing each player to drop a round. If you miss a round or completely screw it up, your Accuracy score will be based on best of 21 rounds
9. In order to be considered for the Accuracy standings, you must enter a guess for 21 of the 22 qualifying events (aka rounds). You can miss up to a single round this year. However, if you miss multiple rounds, you will be dropped from the Accuracy Championship. (Often there are only a handful of players in the running at the end of the season.)[/b]
10. The deadline for guess entries is always the start of First Practice. Friday's for most rounds. Thursday for Monaco. Please note that many of the Asia/Pacific Rim races have deadlines late Thurs night or VERY early Friday morning relative to Europe and North America.
11. No username needed. Just enter a guess in the thread. Your board username will be your GTP player name.
12. The winning time will be taken from the official qualifying session used to set the grid for the first race of the weekend. This means that if a sprint race is called, the qualification session used to set the grid for the sprint race will count as the pole time and the winning GTP time. (I am hoping we will not need this rule much longer as Sprint races will go away as the gimmick they are.)
13. If an official qualification session is delayed or rescheduled (Saturday or Sunday), GTP will use the results of the official qualification session no matter when it is run (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday). If the session is red flagged, scrubbed, or cut short, GTP will use the final session of the official qualifying time used to set the grid (example: they only run Q1). However, if the session is cancelled and not rescheduled, GTP will use whatever official timed session the FIA uses to set the grid (example: FP1, FP2, etc...).
14. In the case that no timed session is used to set the grid (example: cars are placed in WDC points order), then the round of GTP will be null and void and no winner will be declared for that one race weekend. Additionally, the Accuracy Championship will be shortened by 1 round.
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

According to the post, Downforce edited his time at 10:08am on Friday, FP1 started at 12:00. But as per the post, he edited it to 1:17.1.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
XcraigX

Post by XcraigX »

PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago According to the post, Downforce edited his time at 10:08am on Friday, FP1 started at 12:00. But as per the post, he edited it to 1:17.1.
Thanks. I was looking very quickly at his edit time yesterday, and thought he edited AFTER the deadline (I have my forum clock set to 24 hours and input the wrong time in the translator), but just now took a longer look to see he made it with plenty of time to spare. So false alarm with my post @DownForce

And like previously mentioned, he has put himself lower in the finish order.
Last edited by XcraigX 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
XcraigX

Post by XcraigX »

This weeks winner is @megallos with a time 0.02 seconds away from Charles LeClerc's pole time of 1:17.868! The new track changes and a lack of a GP for 2 years made it a bit tricky, but Great Job Megallos!!
And a rather unfortunate change of heart for DownForce, who's original time may have been the winner this week. Welcome to the uncertainty principle DownForce.

The full results are below:

==================================================================
Despite not taking a win yet, @Star is leading both the Accuracy and Points Championship with some very nice points finishes and two 2nd places.
Everso Biggyballies is hot in 2nd place in the Accuracy Championship:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And both Everso and Megallos are tied for 2nd behind Star for the Points Championship:

Thanks for playing everyone! Please check back for the new thread next week as the race at Imola is in 2 weeks!
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Thanks Craig for your work.

Good work also @Star :wink:
Well done to @Megallos

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Wow, I am surprised I'm leading. I just hope I haven't peaked too soon, there is a long way to go to the end of the season!

Thanks as always for your hard work @XcraigX :)
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Congrats Megallos and Star!
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
megallos

Post by megallos »

Wow, I got really lucky. Thanks for the edit Downforce 😉