Andretti looking at F1 Team *New Team application made*

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Red Bull I believe were anti it.... the anti brigade are worried that the (same amount of) money would have to go 11 ways instead of 10.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago Hehehe and dont forget Mario Andretti will be driving a McLaren F1 car at COTA > Zak Brown and Mario shook hands on it on Global TV over the weekend.
OK maybe should say its only a PR stunt / demo and not actually in the GP, :wink: (before anyone starts posting headlines of
STOP PRESS MARIO ANDRETTI REPLACES DANNY RIC AT McLAREN FOR COTA!)
:haha:

Who said Mario, even at 82 will still be quicker in a McLaren F1 than Michael ever was..... :suspicious: :whistling: :wink:
I am really looking forward to seeing this :happy: It'll be one of last year's cars, but I hope to see him pushing it a bit!
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Straight up I will say this is not an update on Andretti to F1 confirmed or anything as unlikely as that.....

..... but they have committed to building a huge new Andretti "Global" Complex
that will house all things Andretti and other them a base for any future projects they become involved in. They have committed over $US200million to the 575000sq ft project so it is big beans. It will partially be funded by tax breaks and incentives from the Indiana local Govt.... They suggest it will create 500 new jobs.

The initial renders remind me of the McLaren Centre..... :whistling: :suspicious:

ANDRETTI GLOBAL REVEALS PLAN FOR NEW $200MILLION INDIANA HQ

The announcement did not specifically reference Michael Andretti’s plan to enter a new team in Formula 1, but used the Andretti Global parent company title under which the F1 project has been launched.

The new 575,000 square foot building, which is intended to be operational by 2025 and to add 500 new jobs to the local economy, will be “the headquarters of Andretti’s global commercial functions and the base of operations for the team’s current NTT IndyCar Series, Indy Lights and IMSA programmes and other future racing initiatives”.

Andretti Autosport also currently has Formula E and Extreme E teams, and is part of the Walkinshaw Andretti United collaboration in Australia’s Supercars series

Its plan also includes a “museum and innovation centre that will preserve and showcase the Andretti legacy and inspire the future of motorsports”.
“Indiana holds an important place in the history of racing, and in my career as a driver and an owner; I’m happy to confirm that the Racing Capital of the World will continue to be the home of our global racing efforts for a long time to come,” said Michael Andretti of the new HQ plan.

“Over the past 20 years, I’ve worked to expand our operations and I’m proud of our steps to create a diverse racing portfolio.

“Our current facility has served us well. Our team has expanded in both competition and commercial areas and our people deserve the best environment and resources available.

“I’m excited to have so many of our teams under one roof as we continue to build and grow.”

“For us, it’s about more than just having somewhere to work on the cars. It’s about having a global motorsport home and sharing that with our people, our fans and our sponsors to advance the sport and leave a lasting legacy.”

He said he is pleased to remain in the state of Indiana, which “holds an important place in the history of racing and in my career as a driver and an owner.

“I’m happy to confirm that the racing capital of the world will continue to be the home of our global racing efforts for a long time to come. We’re excited about our plans for the new campus and looking forward to becoming a part of the Fishers community.”

Mario Andretti said in an appearance last month that the team had people “working every single day” in both the United States and Europe to progress the Andretti F1 team plan.
The announcement of the HQ plan fits with the understanding that Andretti Global would have an overall base in the US but carry out much of its day-to-day F1 operation from a European location for logistical reasons

Just to update / remind ourselves of here there F1 dream currently is.....

They failed to buy Sauber last year over a matter of a confusion over control.... in a nutshell Andretti thought they were getting more than they actually were. ISTR the Andretti name being in the picture bidding to buy some / the assets of Force India when they went tits up, Stroll ultimately took ownership. I think that was more a what can we (Andretti get for nothing type of thing rather than something serious though. Happy to be corrected on that.

So Andretti launched an application for a start up team to which the FIA and current teams basically said we snub your application..... come back when you have something to actually offer F1 that will be of benefit to F1. Dont ring ring us....we will call you if anything changes.

Andretti was disillusioned at being snubbed as a reality lacking dreamer to all intents and purposes.

Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel

Post by Aty »

Domenicali: F1 doesn’t need new teams like Andretti
Formula 1 CEO Stefano Domenicali insists that the sport doesn’t need any new teams – casting doubts on Michael Andretti’s efforts to gain a future entry.
Has anyone called Mario with the "good" news?
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

What has Mario (Andretti, I presume) to do with it?
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Michael Ferner wrote: 1 year ago What has Mario (Andretti, I presume) to do with it?
I guess nothing beyond being the 'Patriarch' of the Andretti name/empire, and the spiritual figurehead in terms of the PR and contacts side of things. :idunno:

Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel

Post by Aty »

Michael Ferner wrote: 1 year ago What has Mario (Andretti, I presume) to do with it?
If not everything, then most of it. Brain, money, family patriarch (...let's ask paps).
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

Do you ask your dad for everything you do in life? I bet Michael doesn't, he's in his late fifties and a self made millionaire, he doesn't need Mario's money nor brains. Mario has as much to do with it as Enzo Ferrari's dad, or Colin Chapman's.
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.