2021 Max v Lewis Hungry for More Hungarian GP

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Antonov wrote: 2 years ago Let's see if Hamilton receives boos now.
There were many cheers during the race it seems.
Of course they’re booing him, it’s the genuine reaction to anytime Hamilton does anything, nobody likes him apart from the delusion crowd at Silverstone, the cheering during the race was fake cheering being piped in by F1, every time the crowd cheered, it was exactly the same cheer, didn’t you notice that? It’s called a canned reaction.

They gave themselves away when they showed a replay of one of Lewis overtakes from his pit crews point of view and left the original audio in it and you could hear the background sound that was nothing, not the ground shaking cheering that was piped into the main feed.

Broadcasters have been doing this for over a year now, here they play clapping tracks over the booing on the PA and on TV when the crowd boo the kneeling virtual signallers at footy matches, my dad lives near a stadium and you can hear th3 booing, but funny enough when you go into the lounge and watch the match on the tv, the booing has magically changed into clapping and cheering….
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago What a load of bollocks..... Ocon has to front the stewards for an incorrect post race procedure. He missed the slot for race winners to go to in parc ferme.

plus other drivers wearing the wrong t-shirt on the podium or something similar..

I swear if the stewards make any fuss over either I will walk away from F1. The governance is pathetic.
Agreed. They penalise drivers for minimal infringments, then they give only 5 positions to bottas and stroll who would deserve much more slapping
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

What the hell was that race.

Bottas is a tool.
Williams + Ocon = GET IN.

Lewis is so damn lucky. Could easily have been side swiped in the T1 crash.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Picci
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula One
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Honda Fit

Post by Picci »

Well after that race there are things to reflect on.

I think the FiA definitely didn’t like the way no one bar Hamilton took to the grid at the restart. They’ll probably introduce some sort of system where there’ll be two SC-led laps whenever there are changes in track conditions and then get drivers to commit to their tyres on the grid.

Yes I agreed with @MonteCristo around spare cars. Basically Bottas took out all the competition and Lewis versus everyone else looked rather pitiful to be frank. You could argue that Nurburgring 99 was the same but at least in that situation there were still plenty of competitive cars (Jordan, Benetton, Williams) and they wouldn’t be overtaken so easily by someone like Hakkinen. Also in that race they all took themselves out anyway.

Leaving the race red flagged for such a long period meant they let Max fix the car a little bit but we also lost the racing in the rain.

Bottas in my opinion was very shortsighted in not braking early enough. He should know better to be more cautious in that situation. I consider him lucky to only take a five place grid drop.

Alonso was the winner of the race. Ocon did a good job. The Alfas destroyed their own race and let Williams take their spot in the Constructors.
Mawerick
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Racing Car: AAR Eagle T1G
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps

Post by Mawerick »

Antonov wrote: 2 years ago Hamilton doesn't look well.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... KHd9E.html

And in related news...
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/ecli ... 2/fulltext
People who had recovered from COVID-19, including those no longer reporting symptoms, exhibited significant cognitive deficits versus controls when controlling for age, gender, education level, income, racial-ethnic group, pre-existing medical disorders, tiredness, depression and anxiety. The deficits were of substantial effect size for people who had been hospitalised, but also for non-hospitalised cases who had biological confirmation of COVID-19 infection.
"It’s a Mickey Mouse circuit. To have a race at a track like this is an insult to Grand Prix racing."
-Graham Hill commenting the Le Mans Bugatti track

- 2021 Guess The Pole champion! -
P. Cornelius Scipio
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve

Post by P. Cornelius Scipio »

I watched the first part of the race, until Verstappen's pit stop, what a mess...

I'm glad that Ocon won, to me it looked as if Vettel had more speed than him

Regarding the first lap mess Bottas must be given some rest, he has totally lost his focus. I'm sure that he didn't crash into Norris on purpose and he certainly didn't aim at the two Red Bulls but what a rookie mistake he made... some of the other drivers were very careful when braking into turn 1, Leclerc springs to mind, Bottas was just pathetic. I think that Russel should be given Bottas' car from next race, Bottas never was WDC material and this year he got much worse than in the past, knowing that he has to leave the team at the end of the season probably affected him a lot, it's about time to accept that he's no longer focused enough, some time off will do him good

Stroll was even worse, while one can understand Bottas' mistake I'm not sure that I remember anything so stupid at the first corner in the wet, I'm sure that he's not devoid of some talent but the guy looks like having a shortage of brainpower, he makes such silly mistakes

For the rest I will look at your comments/reviews, especially Ruslan's race review
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

"Stroll's improved so much and is really good this year - way better than Vettel!"

Still makes me LOL.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Mawerick
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Racing Car: AAR Eagle T1G
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps

Post by Mawerick »

So... will Hammywhammy take 2nd place after all?

https://www.racefans.net/2021/08/01/vet ... el-sample/
"It’s a Mickey Mouse circuit. To have a race at a track like this is an insult to Grand Prix racing."
-Graham Hill commenting the Le Mans Bugatti track

- 2021 Guess The Pole champion! -
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Mawerick wrote: 2 years ago So... will Hammywhammy take 2nd place after all?

Oh heaven forbid. Please not.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Mawerick wrote: 2 years ago So... will Hammywhammy take 2nd place after all?

Where's the dislike button?
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

At least the Stewards did not get carried away over Ocon parking in the wrong spot post race, and he received a reprimand for his sins.... no penalty points.
Also the four drivers that wore a T-shirt in support of LGBTQ+ rights during the pre-race WeRaceAsOne observance were also not penalised but reprimanded.
(Under F1’s rule drivers are required to remove any T-shirts and stand for the national anthem in their race overalls.}
However Vettel Sainz, Bottas and Stroll all did the same, and neglected to remove their T-shirts before the anthem.

The stewards noted: “The drivers explained that they forgot to take off the WRAO t-shirt in time during the national anthem because of the onset of rain.”

Get a life, stewards and worry about giving the correct penalties to people like Lewis last race or Bottas this week.

DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

Russell apparently also not enough fuel.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

At the risk of sounding like I'm defending bottas do we now give penalities to drivers for locking up?
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

DoubleFart wrote: 2 years ago Russell apparently also not enough fuel.
This sounds like a common problem, tour de France style leniency could be applied where they decided not to expel larger groups of riders who miss the time limit
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

DoubleFart wrote: 2 years ago Russell apparently also not enough fuel.
OMG So he still might not get his long awaited Williams point!
Actually he should be ok as the drivers behind him were all lapped so a 10 second hit should be ok. Unless of course they DSQ him ....

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

White six wrote: 2 years ago At the risk of sounding like I'm defending bottas do we now give penalities to drivers for locking up?
Not necessarily..... but we do for negligence and incompetence. It was wet, cars in front were stopping, he didnt by a margin and his error was enough to take out a few cars. Same with Stroll. If it was RoGro he would have been banned. As he was at Spa a few years ago for the same sort of error (ok on a slightly larger scale! :wink: )