Silly Season 2022

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Hulkenberg and Magnussen are apparently back on speaking terms after five years. Hmmm........
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Ruslan wrote: 2 years ago Hulkenberg and Magnussen are apparently back on speaking terms after five years. Hmmm........
Ha.... the famous "Suck my Balls, Honey" statement by Kevin. :rofl: :rofl:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

Opinion: Will Vettel return?

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... on_Martin/
“It’s certainly a very daring thesis but I’m (Koles) sure that he thinks a lot about whether he should still be doing what he’s doing.”

There is an abundance of leaders at the Silverstone squad, and former team principal Otmar Szafnauer left due to the convoluted nature of the running of the team.
Running bees colonies is looking better and better?
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Anybody who wants to win a title with Stroll in their team needs to build a car that's not equal with the best car on the grid, but 0.2s faster than the next best car on the grid.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Sebastian might have badly misread what is his real place at the AMR team.
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

I said this when Strulovich moved off Perez, they actually signed an inferior driver so Lance boy would look better in comparison. Vettel might have finally realized that or actually noticed how bad the new Aston Martin is and they are facing a battle to even make Top 10 on pace so he might strategically delay his comeback until the first updates kick in for the European season? COVID is a very convenient excuse for that :whistling:
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

@Vassago
Maybe I don't read your post correctly, but I am not sure that I understand the point you are making. According to you Vettel replaced Perez as an inferior driver to Stroll Jr to make him look good? News to me, to be frank, but maybe you know something I don't.
Moreover, since when Vettel has any say when new updates are available for his car, or that COVID infection is Vettel's excuse for return to racing whenever he wants? Bold thesis, if I may say so. BTW, is TV perhaps broken on your location?
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Aty wrote: 2 years ago @Vassago
Maybe I don't read your post correctly, but I am not sure that I understand the point you are making. According to you Vettel replaced Perez as an inferior driver to Stroll Jr to make him look good? News to me, to be frank, but maybe you know something I don't.
Moreover, since when Vettel has any say when new updates are available for his car, or that COVID infection is Vettel's excuse for return to racing whenever he wants? Bold thesis, if I may say so. BTW, is TV perhaps broken on your location?
Perez was dumped like an used condom. It's not that Strulovich had a dream about Vettel (spare me the PR crap that followed) but he wanted someone his son would actually match or even beat on a regular basis. Perez was simply too good for Lance to look competent and that Baku 2017 podium was a complete afterthought come 2020 (in Sakhir GP Perez was almost 0,5 sec quicker on the short loop and got hit on the opening lap so Stroll's second podium was another lucky break tbh).

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/pere ... l/4871752/
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Vassago wrote: 2 years ago
Perez was dumped like an used condom. It's not that Strulovich had a dream about Vettel (spare me the PR crap that followed) but he wanted someone his son would actually match or even beat on a regular basis. Perez was simply too good for Lance to look competent and that Baku 2017 podium was a complete afterthought come 2020 (in Sakhir GP Perez was almost 0,5 sec quicker on the short loop and got hit on the opening lap so Stroll's second podium was another lucky break tbh).

Link you enclosed leads to a Motorsport article about process how Perez was let go. It's not pretty, and I am not particularly impressed over owner's MO. It's also not first time something underhanded like that happened, however where is in that an iota support for your thesis on Vettel? At this point I have however developed a fair picture where you stand, so, don't bother anymore; this is a wrong place anyway to argue about past.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

This is not what I've expected. I am just hoping that Nico is not going to embarrass himself.
ROSBERG TO RETURN WITH WILLIAMS, LATIFI GETS DEMOTED
Latifi continues as a reserve driver.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

I hate April fools
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Cheeveer wrote: 2 years ago I hate April fools
...eh I am one? That's a good one. I actually check F1 news before I check my daily plan, bad habit and it bit me. :happy:
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Been there too :haha:
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Aty wrote: 2 years ago
Vassago wrote: 2 years ago

Link you enclosed leads to a Motorsport article about process how Perez was let go. It's not pretty, and I am not particularly impressed over owner's MO. It's also not first time something underhanded like that happened, however where is in that an iota support for your thesis on Vettel? At this point I have however developed a fair picture where you stand, so, don't bother anymore; this is a wrong place anyway to argue about past.
As of 2022 - or 2020 for that matter - Perez is the better driver than Vettel IMO. The last stretch of Vettel's Ferrari tenure painted a picture of a flamed out former champion who doesn't have the fire anymore. Not exactly Villeneuve at Sauber but hardly better.
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Vassago wrote: 2 years ago As of 2022 - or 2020 for that matter - Perez is the better driver than Vettel IMO. The last stretch of Vettel's Ferrari tenure painted a picture of a flamed out former champion who doesn't have the fire anymore. Not exactly Villeneuve at Sauber but hardly better.
I can't argue with what you're saying about Vettel at Ferrari, he did lose his way quite badly and seemed to be under too much pressure to perform. Whether he put the pressure on himself, or whether it came from the team I don't know, obviously. I do think he looks more like his old self since he went to Aston Martin though. I will however point out, Vettel is a four time world champion, Perez has won...... At this moment in time in the same car would Perez be better than Vettel? Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't, but we're not going to ever find out for sure. It's all about opinions and like noses, we all have one. ;)

I just love how you managed to compare my current favourite driver, to my previous one, and not in a very flattering way :tongue: :haha:
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Star wrote: 2 years ago
Vassago wrote: 2 years ago As of 2022 - or 2020 for that matter - Perez is the better driver than Vettel IMO. The last stretch of Vettel's Ferrari tenure painted a picture of a flamed out former champion who doesn't have the fire anymore. Not exactly Villeneuve at Sauber but hardly better.
Vettel is a four time world champion, Perez has won...... At this moment in time in the same car would Perez be better than Vettel? Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't, but we're not going to ever find out for sure. It's all about opinions and like noses, we all have one. ;)

I just love how you managed to compare my current favourite driver, to my previous one, and not in a very flattering way :tongue: :haha:
I wouldnt be so rude as to suggest some people have strange taste in favourites!
Nowt strange as folk as they say :haha: :haha: :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always