2021 Monaco GP

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Bottom post of the previous page:

PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago @caneparo must be happy, Sainz is in 2nd and actually making up ground on Max.
Havent watched but i ve recorded it. Will check it out
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
Circuitmaster
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Circuitmaster »

To be fair, Mazepin didn't bin it like everyone expected, so perhaps those votes aren't entirely sarcastic.
Guess the pole champion 2014
Guess the pole champion 2015
Guess the pole accuracy champion 2015
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Circuitmaster wrote: 2 years ago To be fair, Mazepin didn't bin it like everyone expected, so perhaps those votes aren't entirely sarcastic.
And despite having been passed by Schu early in the race, he repassed him. Impressive and certainly the best (Haas) driver of the weekend. :wink:
At least Mazepin didnt destroy any cars, didnt knock a nosecone off, didnt really the damage the car, (I saw him graze a wall in practice) did not even bring out a red flag..... unlike his team mate who managed all of the above, indeed most of them, twice. :omg:

In fact the only thing Schumacher didnt do all weekend.... was take part in qualifying. :wink:

Mazepin even seems to have become more aware of blue flags and I did not see any instances of him getting in the way, even though it seems both Haas drivers were lapped twice by the next car in front of them. Based on they were both 3 laps down on the leaders, with no other driver being lapped more than once.

Neither are future WDCs though, regardless of what car they were in.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

caneparo wrote: 2 years ago
PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago @caneparo must be happy, Sainz is in 2nd and actually making up ground on Max.
Max was coasting tbh, cigar on job

Still great for Ferrari and undoubtedly could have won without a certain error
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
Picci
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula One
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Honda Fit

Post by Picci »

We may as well have had 78 laps behind the safety car today. Anyone who comes and says that 2002-2004 cars were worse in terms of following each other than today needs to watch this race. DRS didn't even tickle the cars. No chance.

The other problem that's been haunting the modern hybrid era: managing the tyres on full fuel loads. This problem becomes more pronounced on street circuits like this one and Singapore. I find it totally unacceptable that cars are 7 seconds slower than qualy in the first 15 laps of the race.

Well anyway happy for Max to have nailed it today. Good to have three different teams on the podium and no Mercs for once.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Picci wrote: 2 years ago We may as well have had 78 laps behind the safety car today. Anyone who comes and says that 2002-2004 cars were worse in terms of following each other than today needs to watch this race. DRS didn't even tickle the cars. No chance.

The other problem that's been haunting the modern hybrid era: managing the tyres on full fuel loads. This problem becomes more pronounced on street circuits like this one and Singapore. I find it totally unacceptable that cars are 7 seconds slower than qualy in the first 15 laps of the race.

Well anyway happy for Max to have nailed it today. Good to have three different teams on the podium and no Mercs for once.
Indeed, we had 5 other manufacturers/teams finish ahead of Mercedes..... and the next round is another non Mercedes favoured track. They were also only 3rd of the Mercedes powered teams.... the only Mercedes powered team they beat was Williams.

White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago
Picci wrote: 2 years ago We may as well have had 78 laps behind the safety car today. Anyone who comes and says that 2002-2004 cars were worse in terms of following each other than today needs to watch this race. DRS didn't even tickle the cars. No chance.

Indeed, we had 5 other manufacturers/teams finish ahead of Mercedes..... and the next round is another non Mercedes favoured track. They were also only 3rd of the Mercedes powered teams.... the only Mercedes powered team they beat was Williams.
Hammy can't be as bad in Baku . I won't say Merc, let's not forget botty performed exactly to his usual level in Monaco
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

Re Leclerc, I don't really understand - in "my time", they used to have an untimed Sunday morning "warm-up" practice session, exactly for the purpose of avoiding situations like that. Why is that no longer so? :huh:
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

Michael Ferner wrote: 2 years ago Re Leclerc, I don't really understand - in "my time", they used to have an untimed Sunday morning "warm-up" practice session, exactly for the purpose of avoiding situations like that. Why is that no longer so? :huh:
Yeah, there was also T-car awaiting in pits, and teams could switch tires just before race... Those were good times. I believe I am not allowed to use expressive language to continue with this subject, and let out how I really feel about current state of regulations, so I stop here.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Michael Ferner wrote: 2 years ago Re Leclerc, I don't really understand - in "my time", they used to have an untimed Sunday morning "warm-up" practice session, exactly for the purpose of avoiding situations like that. Why is that no longer so? :huh:
To be fair, everything is reliable as fuck these days, such help is no longer needed.
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Because of the stupid "parc ferme" regulations where they wrap the car up in clingfilm and tell the teams they are not able to touch the car.

I'm pretty sure that was only done to 'spice up' the racing.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Yes I have often wondered myself.... even if it is a 15 minute session. MotoGP have a warm up session. Other major races do. Its crazy when the key attraction (ie Leclerc at Monaco) cannot take the grid because of a minor failure.

caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

White six wrote: 2 years ago
caneparo wrote: 2 years ago
Max was coasting tbh, cigar on job

Still great for Ferrari and undoubtedly could have won without a certain error
Pole position at monaco is a 70% probability of win. 90% if you pass clear the first curve. We’ve seen people winning with damaged engines and wrong tyres.
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel

Post by Aty »

In post-race comments it was revealed that Mick Schumacher was driving with his engine having problem. There was no further elaboration about nature of that issue.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Aty wrote: 2 years ago In post-race comments it was revealed that Mick Schumacher was driving with his engine having problem. There was no further elaboration about nature of that issue.
Yes I read this also. I believe he may have had to reset the computer for it to clear and regain full power.
Regardless it was not his best weekend. All part of the learning curve for him as he tries to find his feet along with the other rookies.

Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago
Because of the stupid "parc ferme" regulations where they wrap the car up in clingfilm and tell the teams they are not able to touch the car.

I'm pretty sure that was only done to 'spice up' the racing.
It's hardly "parc fermé" if they are allowed to repair his car! Just saying.

"Spice up the racing", eh? ALL they have EVER done to that end has put me off the sport. :sorrow:
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.