Drive to Survive Season 4 out March 11

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 3 years ago It strikes me as being more entertainment than reality.
Im certainly not champing at the bit to watch more at this stage.
I get your sarcasm. I watched a couple of episode while waiting for the live feed on sky f1. I must say this really reproduce the dullness of the drivers of today and the complete lack of competition.
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Been No1 in the UK on Netflix and even covered on Gogglebox. None of them seem to have seen the grosjean incident on the news

They must be doing something right. I enjoyed the gasly episode tbf
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Now we have Drive to Survive Season 4 due for release shortly.....

F1 confirms season four of Drive to Survive will launch on March 11th

The fourth season of Netflix’s Formula 1 documentary Drive to Survive will arrive on the platform on March 11th, the series has confirmed.

This means the new series will launch one week prior to the start of the 2022 season opener in Bahrain.

As was the case for the previous three seasons, the latest instalment will run across a total of 10 episodes.
Series produces Box to Box filmed behind the scenes footage throughout the 2021 F1 season, which saw the closest championship fight since the series began, between Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton.

However Verstappen, who clinched the title in a controversial end to the season in Abu Dhabi, said last year he would not co-operate with the makers of Drive to Survive. The Red Bull driver said the programme makers “faked a few rivalries which they don’t really exist” and had not given any interviews to them.

Other drivers said they were satisfied with their portrayals in Drive to Survive. Verstappen is expected to feature in the series, however, as Box to Box have the rights to use footage filmed by Formula 1 Management during race weekends.

F1 said the new series of Drive to Survive will “delve into fierce team rivalries, unexpected podiums, and the intense title battle between Mercedes and Red Bull as the pressure reaches an all-time high both on and off the grid.”
Not my cup of tea and I dont think I got past episode 2 or 3 last year, but no doubt I will give it a go. Im sure that there will be at least one episode that I can stomach. Interesting Max refused to take part by being interviewed for it, believing it to basically be over dramatic and contrived. Im with Max. Im sure Max will be in it given Netflix has access to all the footage and how they edit it is I guess their decision.To me its all overhyped drama queen stuff to appeal to F1's new target market.

Im sure it will revolve around the dramas of Abu Dhabi and who should be shot etc. I have read and witnessed more dribble and crap discussion about that than I want to be reminded of. I have had enough of Sir Sulkypants and his boss, not to mention Karen Horner sat in his corner.

But dont let me spoil your enjoyment of it. :haha: Hopefully it will have me eating my words and raving about how good it is. Dont hold your breath though. :wink: :whistling:

I seem to recall enjoying the Gunther bits in last years series..... but cant see that happening in this series as we barely heard from him all year. :sorrow:
Last edited by Everso Biggyballies 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

It's faked, and Season 3 was an absolute mess. They showed the same footage over and over because they attended so few races, and the order and timeline was horrific.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

DoubleFart wrote: 2 years ago It's faked, and Season 3 was an absolute mess. They showed the same footage over and over because they attended so few races, and the order and timeline was horrific.
Im glad im not the only one whose cup of tea it isnt..... :thumbsup: I dont feel like such a spoilsport downer / groaning old traditionalist fart now. :haha:

XcraigX
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

Post by XcraigX »

Wow you guys are grumpy about it.
I find it interesting. The timeline is sacrificed for the purpose of telling a focused story. They usually explain this when they do it. I can see where someone who does not watch F1 can get confused.
It is over dramatized, but what is interesting to me is we get to see the character of these F1 team members. Some of the reactions are a bit forced (by the TV crew), but they show us a very human side to the people behind the helmet and behind the pit boards.
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
Kai-Star
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Racing Car: Williams FW14
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Subaru Forester

Post by Kai-Star »

I'm glad I haven't watched any of these based on the previous comments. But I might give this one a whirl. Might...
"Speed is relative and I knew that I was going faster in my head than he was in his head. If you keep seeing objects going by quickly, well then going quickly becomes normal for you."
Joann Villeneuve
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

The first couple of seasons were a breath of fresh air compared to the old school season reviews, but now it's old news. I don't want to relive 2021, so it's miss from me.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

OK this is not about Drive to Survive, but it is a docuseries about F1.

Not even sure if it ia available worldwide, but as a heads up to @MonteCristo @theracer120 @Kai-Star and any other Aussies, Foxtel (CH 506) and Kayo are showing at 7:00pm tonight (Friday) Melbourne time (I guess 6pm in Queensland) a 3 part docuseries called (in the guide anyway) Motorsport: Beyond all Limits. The 3 episodes run back to back and are 30 minutes each episode.
A three-part docuseries will premiere tonight, exploring the intense rivalry between Formula 1 stars Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen.

Beyond All Limits: Hamilton vs Verstappen will air on Foxtel and Kayo at 19:00 AEDT, following the pair’s remarkable title battle throughout 2021 and in the lead-up to a new era of F1 competition starting later this month.

As it turned out, the Mercedes and Red Bull drivers would only be separated on the final lap of the season – in Verstappen’s favour – in controversial circumstances at Abu Dhabi.

Among household names to be exclusively interviewed as part of the production are F1 champions Sir Jackie Stewart, Mika Hakkinen and Emerson Fittipaldi.

All three episodes will run back-to-back tonight.
Im not sure of any airing times overseas.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The Love it / Hate it polarising Drama of "Drive to Survive" is set to continue..... in some format or other.

Will all the drivers take part ?(ie Max) Will others who commented on the fake drummed up drama support it or jump to the Max side?
Will the reality side of it be strengthened at the expense of the drama? Or will the past success of the contrived drama and goodies and baddies stuff continue

Plenty of promises of it being toned down in the future, but given its effect on the American Market im not holding my breath.

At the end of the day it is not compulsory to watch it. I'll stick to watching the races.... that alone is difficult enough now we have 23 plus races to contend with. And American races complete with their unsociable timing (for us in the Eastern world anyway)

I guess I will do as I have done in past years watch one or two episodes and see how I feel about it. A sort of never say never. Unless they insist on doing episodes based round Stroll Senior. That was the last episode I ever watched.

Formula 1’s Netflix series, Drive to Survive, has been renewed for another two seasons.
The docuseries style account of the sport has seen a surge in popularity globally, but most notably in the United States.

It launched in 2019 and has proved immensely popular on the Netflix streaming platform, with the most recent season rising to number one in more than 30 countries.

“Formula 1 and Netflix can today confirm that the highly popular series Formula 1: Drive to Survive has been renewed for a fifth and sixth season on Netflix,” a statement announced.

“The series has grown in popularity over time, with Season 4 attracting the biggest audience to date and breaking into the weekly Top 10 in 56 countries.

“Offering unprecedented access, the new season will once again take fans behind the scenes to witness first-hand how the drivers and teams prepare to battle it out for the 2022 and 2023 championships.

“The series will offer never-before-seen footage and interviews from the sport’s biggest names.”

Drive to Survive has followed key storylines from the sport over its first four seasons, offering fans a glimpse behind the curtain with interviews and other exclusive footage.

However, it’s also come under fire for artificially ramping up the drama, with Max Verstappen choosing not to take part.

The most recent season in particular raised concerns within the paddock regarding the way individuals are portrayed.

Over the Bahrain Grand Prix weekend in March, F1 boss Stefano Domenicali spoke with both the drivers and Netflix regarding the ‘fake drama’, which is now set to be dialled back.

“In order to ignite the interest of a new audience, a tone was used that in some ways focused on dramatising the story,” he said at the time.

“It’s an opportunity, but I think it needs to be understood. We talked about it this weekend [in Bahrain] at a meeting with the teams as well.

“A driver who refuses to participate because he feels he is not being represented in the right way is not being constructive; so a dialogue is needed to understand how he can be included in a format that he feels is correct.

“We will also talk to Netflix, because it is necessary that the story does not move away from reality, otherwise it no longer fits.”

Netflix has played a key role in F1’s expansion into the United States, with the Miami Grand Prix the first of two new events in the country set to run this weekend for the first time.

For 2023, Las Vegas will make its first appearance on the F1 calendar in four decades, both events set to be covered in Season 5 and Season 6 of Drive to Survive respectively.

Filming has already begun on Season 5 with release expected in the first quarter of 2023.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2022/05/06/dr ... e-seasons/

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

On hearing that Max and Lewis were not featured in the most recent season's show, I decided not to watch it anymore. And the way they are faking/sensationalising things doesn't help, so I won't watch the following two seasons either.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records