Bucket list F1 races

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Bucket list F1 races

Post by MonteCristo »

What's your number one bucket list F1 race? What race are you dying to attend before you, well, die?

Also, what races - F1 and otherwise - do you think you'll actually get to attend?
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Personally, I'd love to go to Monza most of all. I really want to experience seeing an F1 car at full speed, and see them through some blinding fast corners. I've been to the Australian GP two or three times, but it feels like it would be nothing like Monza. And seeing the tifosi in full song, with the Frecce Tricolori on display... That would be epic.

As far as F1 goes, I'm hoping to otherwise get to see Spa and Monaco. And I think that Spielberg would also be pretty good. I'm rather sad that I won't ever see the proper Hockenheim either.

Outside of F1, Le Mans is a must see, as well as the Indy 500 and Road America. It would be great to see a World of Outlaws race at Eldora or Knoxville as well. When it comes to bikes, it would be great to attend a IOM TT, and I'd love to attend a MotoGP race but I honestly don't what I'd choose.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

MonteCristo wrote: 3 years agoMotoGP race but I honestly don't what I'd choose.
If only there was an Australian round of the series.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

John wrote: 3 years ago
I'm sure I'll do PI some day, and it'll be a blast - but is there anything better as a spectator?

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

John wrote: 3 years ago
Ahem, Phillip Island. (I suspect you know that though :wink: ) Seems to be most MotoGP riders favourite event. 2015 was a good one ISTR..... a few highlights....

As for F1, Monza Spa and Monaco for me too.... plus throw in Suzuka. (Ive been to Spa but not for the GP back in the 70's when I worked for Mazda in the BTCC / ETCC.
Also on my bucket list is Le Mans. Le Mans Classic would be good too.
I would be happy to go to the Monaco Historic Meeting as well.
In fact any of the major Historic meetings on iconic tracks.
While we are talking bucket list a few laps driving round the Nordschleife would be up there.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

For F1: not a single GP.

I would love to experience a 24h of Nürburgring or Spa 24h.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 3 years ago Also on my bucket list is Le Mans. Le Mans Classic would be good too.
Oh yes, the year I go to Le Mans will certainly be a year when they have the old Group C cars out.

And I've also hunted down details for the Monaco historics as well in the past. It would be a good to spend a couple weeks in the region and see both the main race (from the hill?) and wander around for the historics.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

MonteCristo wrote: 3 years ago
Everso Biggyballies wrote: 3 years ago Also on my bucket list is Le Mans. Le Mans Classic would be good too.
Oh yes, the year I go to Le Mans will certainly be a year when they have the old Group C cars out.

And I've also hunted down details for the Monaco historics as well in the past. It would be a good to spend a couple weeks in the region and see both the main race (from the hill?) and wander around for the historics.
Le Mans Classic is actually a separate meeting held at a different time to the LM24 meeting.... usually a few weeks apart. It is also only held every 2 years not annually. For instance this year it is the first weekend in July. (It was due but not held last year for obvious reasons, so was postponed until this year )
https://www.lemansclassic.com/language/en/home/

Monaco Historics is also only held every two years.... again due last year but put off until this year. (The last one was 2018. Next one will be 2023.)
https://acm.mc/en/edition/grand-prix-de ... ique-2021/

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 3 years ago
MonteCristo wrote: 3 years ago

Le Mans Classic is actually a separate meeting held at a different time to the LM24 meeting.... usually a few weeks apart. It is also only held every 2 years not annually. For instance this year it is the first weekend in July. (It was due but not held last year for obvious reasons, so was postponed until this year )
https://www.lemansclassic.com/language/en/home/

Monaco Historics is also only held every two years.... again due last year but put off until this year. (The last one was 2018. Next one will be 2023.)
https://acm.mc/en/edition/grand-prix-de ... ique-2021/
Ahh, I'm thinking of the years when they have demonstrations during the week and race morning.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Weirdly I have never had a desire to go see an F1 race. Not a modern one especially. I also lost interest in going to race circuits in general.

Though, since I am here, I wouldn't mind making the trip to Suzuka for the Japanese GP.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

In my many years with the F1, I've been attending races in person about four or five times in all. First one got me on the hook, and then with friends outing took care of the others.

I would say today that (a) every fan should attend at least one race in person to get feel and smell of it, and (b) I think a big TV, iPad with race data, and having your favourite broadcaster keeping you informed is more comfortable (and less expensive) how to enjoy races.

Spa and Suzuka are my two most cherished circuits. Third I would add Nordschleife (Green Hell). Pflanzgarten can clean up your sinuses for good. Suzuka could be nightmare just getting there. TV has to do.
sadsac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Favourite Motorsport: all of them
Favourite Racing Car: 1990 Ferrari 640 F1
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna
Favourite Circuit: Spa
Car(s) Currently Owned: Seat Arona FR ,Skoda Fabia VRS

Post by sadsac »

Belgium GP Spa for me will definitely go in the coming few years
until then myself and my son want to go and drive the NORDSCHLEIFE hopefully this year or next :happy:
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

I want to do Belgium, but I don't really care for going all that much. You go, you see about 1% of the race, you hopefully see it on a big screen, then you come home to understand what actually happened. It's not a great spectator sport
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

sadsac wrote: 3 years ago Belgium GP Spa for me will definitely go in the coming few years
until then myself and my son want to go and drive the NORDSCHLEIFE hopefully this year or next :happy:
When I get over to Germany some day, doing one of those taxi hot laps around the Ring is definitely on the list as well. Not cheap, but it would be a hell of a ride!

MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

DoubleFart wrote: 3 years ago I want to do Belgium, but I don't really care for going all that much. You go, you see about 1% of the race, you hopefully see it on a big screen, then you come home to understand what actually happened. It's not a great spectator sport
What I like about the idea of doing Le Mans is that you can walk around large swathes of it and see a lot more (even if you still don't see so much of 'the race').

My biggest problem with F1 is that the grandstands take up the best spots (and you're stuck in one place), and general admission is usually shit for viewing. There are some decent places, but you need to park yourself there early and stay.