F1 2023 stuff not worthy of it's own thread

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

DoubleFart wrote: 3 years ago Ted Kravitz just said on his notebook "I was going to tell you what happened to Ceeeril, but I'll save that for another notebook as it's a great story. Very mysterious"

Anybody got the gossip?
I thought that he was actually got rid off by someone at the top of Renault, who had got lots of other senior newbies involved and it was felt someone had to be made accountable for Renault only finishing 5th last year. Ceeeril was in effect the scapegoat. I think his case was not helped by him originally being a 'Ghosn' man and the new Renault (as opposed to Alpine) head honcho was keen to flush out all of the Ghosn influences.

Whether he was given a walk before we push you option is also a possibility, because from memory we were told he left of his own volition.

I may be wide of the mark but that was my understanding.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

My conspiracy theory is that ceeereal was doing too well, Renault need it to turn to shit to have an excuse for pulling the plug again ;)
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

So, nobody mentioning the talk that Dmitry Marzepan is buying Haas, and that Rich Energy are going to be involved again?
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Guenther 'well we didn't think your son was fully equipped for F1, we'll find a deal with an f2 team and bring him back when he has more experience'

Dmitry 'im buying the team'

Guenther 'he's great!!!'
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/04/28 ... -humility/

I vote Andreas for taking over whole F1 circus as a top dog.

Love the guy. He is everything I always valued in a professional.

Handing him a key, I say, deliver without using words like iconic, and whatever other nonsense. Just as you are, and F1 would be in good shape.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

I must admit I rate Seidl very highly too. I dont believe there is such a job as being the boss of F1. There are two many influences from the FIA, teams, and the Liberty shareholders. F1as a whole has become a committee of those three differing interests. The likes of Ross Brawn, whatever he might think or his title might infer, do not run F1.

Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel

Post by Aty »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago I must admit I rate Seidl very highly too. I dont believe there is such a job as being the boss of F1. There are two many influences from the FIA, teams, and the Liberty shareholders. F1as a whole has become a committee of those three differing interests. The likes of Ross Brawn, whatever he might think or his title might infer, do not run F1.
Very true.

Mine was just wishfull thinking. I am just not on board with what is happening with the F1 in past 15 to 20 years. I've lost count how many times I divorced this lady, so I thought, only to return on my knees two weeks later. Lately however I think I will have to make some permanent decisions end of this year.
Circuitmaster
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Circuitmaster »

Bit random: I recently purchased F1 2020 on the cheap, for PS4. It's alright, I'm enjoying it, but most interesting is getting to race Vietnam (I think we may have dodged a bullet there) and the newly renovated Zandvoort. Let's talk banking.

I'm not sure how accurate it is in the game but it feels incredibly steep to me. As a matter of fact, I'm loving the circuit as a whole. Who knows how the racing will turn out but I'm glad we're heading there to find out.
Guess the pole champion 2014
Guess the pole champion 2015
Guess the pole accuracy champion 2015
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Circuitmaster wrote: 2 years ago Bit random: I recently purchased F1 2020 on the cheap, for PS4. It's alright, I'm enjoying it, but most interesting is getting to race Vietnam (I think we may have dodged a bullet there) and the newly renovated Zandvoort. Let's talk banking.

I'm not sure how accurate it is in the game but it feels incredibly steep to me. As a matter of fact, I'm loving the circuit as a whole. Who knows how the racing will turn out but I'm glad we're heading there to find out.
Zandvoort was worth the price of the game alone. Vietnam utterly hideous. Especially with an Xbox controller. Revolting

Skipping over the dunes in the first half of the lap at zandvoort feels like being back in 1980. In a good way
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

As posted in the 2021 Indycar news thread...
F1 open to avoiding Indy clash so its drivers can compete

Formula 1 managing director of motorsports Ross Brawn says the sport is open to avoiding a clash between the Monaco Grand Prix and Indianapolis 500 in future.

This year was the first time since 2003 that Indy didn’t clash with an F1 race, with Monaco taking place a week before the 500. As the race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway always takes place on Memorial Day weekend, it’s likely the timing of Monaco would need to shift slightly and Brawn tells RACER that’s something that would be considered if it’s better for motorsport as a whole.
https://racer.com/2021/06/02/f1-open-to ... n-compete/

Which drivers do you think would be keen?

Norris has said he'd be open to it in the future.

Alonso I'm sure would do it again with a good team.

Beyond that, I don't know. Danny Ric? Tsunoda might be crazy enough, and there is the Honda connection. Kimi for a laugh? I mean, he did try NASCAR.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

MonteCristo wrote: 2 years ago As posted in the 2021 Indycar news thread...

Formula 1 managing director of motorsports Ross Brawn says the sport is open to avoiding a clash between the Monaco Grand Prix and Indianapolis 500 in future.

This year was the first time since 2003 that Indy didn’t clash with an F1 race, with Monaco taking place a week before the 500. As the race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway always takes place on Memorial Day weekend, it’s likely the timing of Monaco would need to shift slightly and Brawn tells RACER that’s something that would be considered if it’s better for motorsport as a whole.

Beyond that, I don't know. Danny Ric? Tsunoda might be crazy enough, and there is the Honda connection. Kimi for a laugh? I mean, he did try NASCAR.
Isn't contract the issue? F1 teams have never been too keen on their drivers doing anything else during the season. Especially rallying.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years ago As posted in the 2021 Indycar news thread...

Isn't contract the issue? F1 teams have never been too keen on their drivers doing anything else during the season. Especially rallying.
Very likely, yes. But at least McLaren are open to it, having a foot in both camps.

With Honda leaving F1 though, that's less likely to be a crossover option.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

erwin greven wrote: 2 years ago
Whoops, Apologies @erwin greven Ive just posted this info with a report on BBC saying same in the F1 Calendar thread not realising it was already here. Also posted info about other races not likely to be running this year.

erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

No problem. Its a news fact of which is not always clear where to post it. @Everso Biggyballies