F1 2023 stuff not worthy of it's own thread

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Relax. Isn't it usual for teams to ask the governing body in advance for clarification when the rules appear to be unclear? I see it thusly: Mercedes developed the idea of the second stay, asked FIA for clarification who then publish their interpretation. Nothing fishy, in my opinion.
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Piquet racist slur against hammy seems to be dominating the pre Silverstone talk. Not sure when it was said, some interview last year.

Still love Nelson but he's a senile idiot these days, driving bolsonaro round half the time, and spouting shite the rest. This has made the front page of BBC news lol
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

Thankfully I live in a country where nobody really talks about racism and its political gains. The luxury of living in a country where 98% of population has the same skin color and we have zero colonial sins to wash :tongue:
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

That happened a year ago, why bring it up now? I don't see the point in stirring it all up again and making a big deal of it after so long.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Star wrote: 1 year ago That happened a year ago, why bring it up now? I don't see the point in stirring it all up again and making a big deal of it after so long.
#hamiltonfans.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Star wrote: 1 year ago That happened a year ago, why bring it up now? I don't see the point in stirring it all up again and making a big deal of it after so long.
The interview is from last year. Piquet was very sore about hammy running max off the road. No excuse mind.

Not really sure why it's surfaced now, you'd have thought the hammy fans would have used it before the end of last season
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

White six wrote: 1 year ago
The interview is from last year. Piquet was very sore about hammy running max off the road. No excuse mind.

Not really sure why it's surfaced now, you'd have thought the hammy fans would have used it before the end of last season
Throw in the Max Factor :wink: ..... potential son in law of Nelson. (I think Max and Kelly Piquet are still 'an item'.)

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago

Throw in the Max Factor :wink: ..... potential son in law of Nelson. (I think Max and Kelly Piquet are still 'an item'.)
Yes they are, was in montreal. She needs to give the old kernt a whack
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

I get that Nelson was annoyed on his potential future son in laws behalf at the time, and I understand he said the wrong thing. I still don't see the point of hashing it all over again 12 long months later! If he'd have insulted anyone else I bet they wouldn't even mention it this year, but whatever. For me it's a non news item, not the scandal some of twitter seems to be making out it is :nah:
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Star wrote: 1 year ago

I get that Nelson was annoyed on his potential future son in laws behalf at the time, and I understand he said the wrong thing. I still don't see the point of hashing it all over again 12 long months later! If he'd have insulted anyone else I bet they wouldn't even mention it this year, but whatever. For me it's a non news item, not the scandal some of twitter seems to be making out it is :nah:
Bit extreme that it's on the front page of the BBC, I agree. Just one to roll your eyes at and move on.

Max probably mature enough now to laugh off the inevitable questions
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

It is a problem, and it is going to haunt Nelson Piquet and those related to him for a while, including his daughter who liked a response by a relative that has since been deleted. It is clearly a racist remark (actually he says it twice). Try watching the videos of the remarks on youtube with a member of the current generation and see what their responses are. Most won't dismiss it as nothing.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Ruslan wrote: 1 year ago It is a problem, and it is going to haunt Nelson Piquet and those related to him for a while, including his daughter who liked a response by a relative that has since been deleted. It is clearly a racist remark (actually he says it twice). Try watching the videos of the remarks on youtube with a member of the current generation and see what their responses are. Most won't dismiss it as nothing.
Nelson will be shuffling off soon enough, why would this 'haunt' his relatives? He's just a daft old man that everyone would be ignoring if it wasn't for Twitter.

Indeed everyone did ignore him before Kelly and max became a thing.

The whole of my dad's side of the family are racist to one degree or another, does it haunt me? Nope
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ruslan »

Ruslan wrote: 1 year ago It is a problem, and it is going to haunt Nelson Piquet and those related to him for a while, including his daughter who liked a response by a relative that has since been deleted. It is clearly a racist remark (actually he says it twice). Try watching the videos of the remarks on youtube with a member of the current generation and see what their responses are. Most won't dismiss it as nothing.
Nelson will be shuffling off soon enough, why would this 'haunt' his relatives? He's just a daft old man that everyone would be ignoring if it wasn't for Twitter.

The whole of my dad's side of the family are racist to one degree or another, does it haunt me? Nope
Well... can't say I agree with anything in your post.

1. Daft old men: We do have respected forum members who are near his age. At 69 years old, he is younger than our last two presidents !!! He is decades younger than Bernie.

2. You are not in the public eye and your future son-in-law is not racing against the guy you just insulted. He also has a history of this (as all Senna and Mansell fans are aware). So it does put Kelly and Max in a difficult spot. This is not the type of PR problem I would want to deal with.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Ruslan wrote: 1 year ago

1. Daft old men: We do have respected forum members who are near his age. At 69 years old, he is younger than our last two presidents !!! He is decades younger than Bernie.

2. You are not in the public eye and your future son-in-law is not racing against the guy you just insulted. He also has a history of this (as all Senna and Mansell fans are aware). So it does put Kelly and Max in a difficult spot. This is not the type of PR problem I would want to deal with.
Lol, I wasn't referring to any forum members and not all old men are daft. Piquet is.

Nobody else with his world media profile would dream of hanging around with bolsonaro. I'm sure his family are well used to dealing with his eccentricities, and will brush this off
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ruslan »

Ruslan wrote: 1 year ago

Lol, I wasn't referring to any forum members and not all old men are daft. Piquet is.

Nobody else with his world media profile would dream of hanging around with bolsonaro. I'm sure his family are well used to dealing with his eccentricities, and will brush this off
Well, the problem is not whether his family can deal with it, the problem is that he just caused a problem for his daughter, his potential future son-in-law, and of course Red Bull Racing. This is not what they needed leading into the British Grand Prix. It is a sensitive issue with a lot of people, and it does add a narrative to the last year's formula one season that formula one does not need.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

According to the guardian, F1 have banned him from events until he apologizes. Dunno if he'll care enough to do that, we'll see.

He can always come in the general admission area with me on Sunday :)