F1 2023 stuff not worthy of it's own thread

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

MonteCristo wrote: 1 year ago Signature updated.
Danny #unloved. :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

They should have perhaps added Perez and Sainz. :happy:

I am not sure if this was already posted, however I thought it's witty enough to have it in sight again..
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

D/T 2022.05.31 9:14 UTC
GP247
Marcus Ericsson won the Indianapolis 500, collecting a $3.1-Million prize, while simultaneously brushing off the pay driver label, as his post Formula 1 career boomed.
This supports my theory, that not everyone who didn't succeeded in the F1 is a human reject good for nothing. I am not going to write an essay who is/was more clumsy between Latifi now, or Ericsson then, but I am glad this fellow reconfirms, if you fail, try and try again, and it will (probably) pay. Congrats! (Transplants seems to do well on that side of the pond.)
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Anyone remember what this video is .... Was either pironi in a ligier or arnoux in the Renault, documentary style. What I particularly wanted was the shots of the drivers feet dancing across the pedals, incredibly quickly. Was just going to show my daughter

Btw she beat me at karting today by over 3 seconds FFS. My excuses are it was 2nd time for her, 1st for me, one of my contact lenses fell out, and I have a bad cold. Probably chalk it down as a victory when I think about it
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

White six wrote: 1 year agoProbably chalk it down as a victory when I think about it
Sounds a lot like Hammy fans explaining away another defeat.
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Michael Ferner wrote: 1 year ago
White six wrote: 1 year agoProbably chalk it down as a victory when I think about it
Sounds a lot like Hammy fans explaining away another defeat.
:haha: "My kart is bouncing like crazy man, I need more padding. Man this things a beast. And my tyres are shot"

MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

White six wrote: 1 year ago Anyone remember what this video is .... Was either pironi in a ligier or arnoux in the Renault, documentary style. What I particularly wanted was the shots of the drivers feet dancing across the pedals, incredibly quickly. Was just going to show my daughter

Btw she beat me at karting today by over 3 seconds FFS. My excuses are it was 2nd time for her, 1st for me, one of my contact lenses fell out, and I have a bad cold. Probably chalk it down as a victory when I think about it
End of the month - that probably impacts the quality of the fuel in your kart alone.

What was the weather? Hot? Cold? Nice and mild? None of that helps the tyres either.

Also a Tuesday. An ill omen. You were lucky to survive, actually. Just a sign of the immense skill!
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

MonteCristo wrote: 1 year ago
White six wrote: 1 year ago Anyone remember what this video is .... Was either pironi in a ligier or arnoux in the Renault, documentary style. What I particularly wanted was the shots of the drivers feet dancing across the pedals, incredibly quickly. Was just going to show my daughter

End of the month - that probably impacts the quality of the fuel in your kart alone.

What was the weather? Hot? Cold? Nice and mild? None of that helps the tyres either.

Also a Tuesday. An ill omen. You were lucky to survive, actually. Just a sign of the immense skill!
BUMPY
Michael Ferner

Post by Michael Ferner »

No, seriously, you should listen in to some of those Hammy fan folks plying their trade - according to them, Lewis is DESTROYING Russell!

Here's how it goes, in a nutshell:

- whenever LH is ahead in the race, he scores over GR (hasn't happened too often, though)
- whenever LH is ahead in qualifying, he also scores regardless of race performance

It gets tricky if GR is ahead in both qualifiyng and race, but here's where the real Hammy fan excels:

- at one race (can't remember which), LH was said to have carried a few extra sensors for data logging, and thus he gets the credit because "his car was heavier than Russell's" :!: No shit, they really said that! :rofl:
- at another race, they simply pick out a random sequence of laps where LH was faster than GR - "oh, we don't care the race went over 50 laps, in those twenty laps LH *destroyed* GR"
- and best of all, one prime Hammy fan scored Monaco for LH because "Lewis was never good at Monaco, so for him to finish only three places behind Russell means he actually performed better, and thus beat him" :wacko: :bow:

White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Michael Ferner wrote: 1 year ago No, seriously, you should listen in to some of those Hammy fan folks plying their trade - according to them, Lewis is DESTROYING Russell!

- whenever LH is ahead in the race, he scores over GR (hasn't happened too often, though)
- whenever LH is ahead in qualifying, he also scores regardless of race performance

It gets tricky if GR is ahead in both qualifiyng and race, but here's where the real Hammy fan excels:

- at one race (can't remember which), LH was said to have carried a few extra sensors for data logging, and thus he gets the credit because "his car was heavier than Russell's" :!: No shit, they really said that! :rofl:
- at another race, they simply pick out a random sequence of laps where LH was faster than GR - "oh, we don't care the race went over 50 laps, in those twenty laps LH *destroyed* GR"
- and best of all, one prime Hammy fan scored Monaco for LH because "Lewis was never good at Monaco, so for him to finish only three places behind Russell means he actually performed better, and thus beat him" :wacko: :bow:
If his contact lens fell out you'd have to admit defeat to them. Depth perception and all that
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Michael Ferner wrote: 1 year ago No, seriously, you should listen in to some of those Hammy fan folks plying their trade - according to them, Lewis is DESTROYING Russell!

I knew it! Michael Ferner is actually @DoubleFart's secret burner account!

No one hates Lewis Hamilton fans as much :mrgreen:.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
XcraigX
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

Post by XcraigX »

You are actually bringing up a good point. The fandoms are getting out of control. To the point where it's painful for me to read other social media accounts. It's not the actual feed, but the comments. The fans are just arguing back and forth, tossing insults and there is ZERO information in it. I've started to avoid most F1 social media because of it. Can't stand the fans of any of the top drivers anymore (even the drivers I am a fan of). They are just a bunch of whiny and insulting assholes.

At least it's a bit more respectful here at the Fastlane. That's why I keep coming back.
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

I thought it was just me and one other person with about 10 alternate slightly varied personalities
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

White six wrote: 1 year ago

I thought it was just me and one other person with about 10 alternate slightly varied personalities
Well, you and your bot farm :P.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Interesting to see that Leclerc's pole at Monaco was his 14th. The same as Max,

Both amongst other historical names with 14 poles such as Ascari, Peterson and Hunt (More recently Barrichello also).

However the anomaly with Leclerc is he has only got 4 wins to his name..... Max has won 6 times as many on 24.
(Hunt and Peterson both won 10 races, Ascari won 13, and Reubens 11.)

Leclerc has lost a few potential race wins to DNF's, but then so has Max and all the others..

Yes arguably Max has had a more dominant car at his disposal, but it still remains that Leclerc's conversion rate of his poles is 40% worse than the the least winning names on the '14poles' club.

To break Max and Charles down further,

Of Max's 14 he has had 10 wins, 2 seconds and 2 DNF's (both from crashes with Lewis last year).
Charles has won all 4 of his wins from pole, 3 x 2nd, 2 x 3rds, 3 x 4ths, 1 mechanical DNS and 1 mechanical DNF.
Charles has a lowly 28.6% pole and win ratio. His problem is not so much scoring poles but it seems problematic to win races even from pole.

The only race-winning driver with a lower rate is Jarno Trulli,
who scored his only win from pole, giving him a rate of 25%. He also (as does Charles) had a DNS from pole as I mentioned in the Monaco preview, at the USGP in 2005)

Other drivers pole to win conversion is much higher. Lewis has 103 poles and 103 wins(100%.). not all wins from pole obviously.
Sergio with 1 pole and 3 wins is 300%! Max 14 poles 24 wins = 171%

Is this significant? Does it say Charles is a Mr Saturday.... but a poor racer? It cant all be bad luck. Or all Ferrari strategic faux-pas. Whats the answer?

Michael Ferner

Post by Michael Ferner »

XcraigX wrote: 1 year ago

You are actually bringing up a good point. The fandoms are getting out of control. To the point where it's painful for me to read other social media accounts. It's not the actual feed, but the comments. The fans are just arguing back and forth, tossing insults and there is ZERO information in it. I've started to avoid most F1 social media because of it. Can't stand the fans of any of the top drivers anymore (even the drivers I am a fan of). They are just a bunch of whiny and insulting assholes.

At least it's a bit more respectful here at the Fastlane. That's why I keep coming back.
One of the reasons I stopped following F1 in the early noughts was that, here in Germany at least, the Schumacher era had brought in lots of what I call "football fans". Explanation is, in my view "football fans" are not really fans of football, they are mostly fans of one or two (or three etc.) clubs. If there's a match going on between the two best football teams in the world, "football fans" will never watch it if "their" club is playing at the same time - they always prefer watching "their club" over enjoying a good match, i.e. it's more important to them to support a club than to follow the sport as such. Same with the Schumacher fans, and I suppose with the Mansell fans in Britain a short while before: those were not really fans of motorsport, or even of F1 only, they were there to support their "hero", and nothing else.

That's diametrically opposed to what I had been doing all those years before. I certainly did have my "darlings" amongst the drivers (and teams), and a few "villains" along the way, too, but that was never a factor when watching; I could enjoy a race even when my darlings dropped out and one of the villains won. I loved MOTORSPORT! Today, the sport is like any other, with mostly "football fans" watching, and with the whole show tailored to their wants and needs. I don't think it's an accident the sport is barely recognizable these days, it's been done on purpose. "Football fans" bring in the money.