The weird and wonderful world of Lewis Hamilton

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I always believed you shouldn't wear any jewellery back in the day. I know Jacques Villeneuve talked about it and why you should take it off during the race. I am not sure about wedding rings, as far as I believed it was all banned, but I don't know when that changed. Sorry not to be more help.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
DownForce
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: JapanGT, F1
Favourite Racing Car: PorscheGT3 Cup / RSR
Favourite Driver: Takuma Sato
Favourite Circuit: Suzuka, Monaco, Fuji
Car(s) Currently Owned: Porsche GT3, AMGC63, AudiRS4,GT3cup

Post by DownForce »

Michael Ferner wrote: 1 year ago
DownForce wrote: 1 year ago Lewis should cut all those earrings and metals off to lighten his weight.
Won't help - he is still carrying all those extra sensors in the car! :whistling:
And perhaps more under his balls that lead to his backache :rofl:
║═╣║║║╠╗╔╣║║╚╬╗╔╣║╔╝
║╔╣╦║║║║║║╦╠╗║║║║║╚╗
╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝

The Fastlane Awards 2022 -- ROOKIE of the YEAR
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Just a thought..... It is clear after the race with Lewis needing assistance to get out of the car, that he shouldnt be driving.... :suspicious: :tongue:

The rules clearly state any driver must be able to exit the car unaided in under 5 seconds.

Just sayin'...... :wink:

I must say my thoughts at the time were he was going to 'do a Nigel' and collapse on the floor for good measure.

Brave determined and all that.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna
Favourite Circuit: Monza, Montecarlo
Car(s) Currently Owned: Nissan Micra (vintage in 3 yrs)

Post by Starling »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago Just a thought..... It is clear after the race with Lewis needing assistance to get out of the car, that he shouldnt be driving.... :suspicious: :tongue:

The rules clearly state any driver must be able to exit the car unaided in under 5 seconds.

I must say my thoughts at the time were he was going to 'do a Nigel' and collapse on the floor for good measure.

OMG I had no idea he was in such pain, I wasn't able to watch the latest GPs live.

Yeah but Nigel was young and healthy and chose to do a stupid thing because he was Nigel.

Same for Senna in Brazil 1991, he literally needed to have his hands uncramped from the steering wheel, having driven several laps with only 6th gear.

Yet Nigel and Ayrton had good reasons to be exhausted, and they were back to their usual healthy self in no time. If Lewis has some kind of chronic condition he should take a sabbatical, for his sake and other drivers' sake.

PS - Hallelujah forever!
Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

Yeah all true about past, but we need to take into consideration that current generation is made from the finest and cutest materials available to a man, and easily damaged with rough handling.
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Starling »

Aty wrote: 1 year ago Yeah all true about past, but we need to take into consideration that current generation is made from the finest and cutest materials available to a man, and easily damaged with rough handling.
The cutest generation, there's no doubt! Still I'd like to see Alonso or Vettel, or even Leclerc or Russell, in the same situation (nothing life-threatening) and I bet they'd jump out in less time that it takes to change a train of wheels. Heck, Grosjean gave a lesson to everybody in how to survive in Bahrein 2020 (he was 34 then) and then he wisely retired.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

He's racing in Indycar. And actually running better there than in F1.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

He'll be ok at Silverstone, current government loves seeing old people suffering.

May have to retire after that
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

Starling wrote: 1 year ago
Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago Just a thought..... It is clear after the race with Lewis needing assistance to get out of the car, that he shouldnt be driving.... :suspicious: :tongue:

OMG I had no idea he was in such pain, I wasn't able to watch the latest GPs live.

Yeah but Nigel was young and healthy and chose to do a stupid thing because he was Nigel.

Same for Senna in Brazil 1991, he literally needed to have his hands uncramped from the steering wheel, having driven several laps with only 6th gear.
Yeah, they were both great actors. Senna had only 6th gear, but no problems stopping and picking up a flag and also waving to the crowd, yet his hands had to be removed from the steering wheel. Mansell, I think, was officially nominated for an Academy Award once.
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Starling »

Starling wrote: 1 year ago

Yeah, they were both great actors. Senna had only 6th gear, but no problems stopping and picking up a flag and also waving to the crowd, yet his hands had to be removed from the steering wheel. Mansell, I think, was officially nominated for an Academy Award once.
Did Senna pick up a flag? I did not see it in the video, but I don't doubt it. As for Mansell passing out after trying to push his Lotus to the finish line... I repeat, as long as it's not a life-threatening situation, personally I don't think he faked it, but if it happened now the crowd would go crazy. I don't think the current rules allow it, however.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

If we're comparing hardships I'm sure Nelson collapsed twice on the podium. Hard to tell if it's a joke or not with him though
Michael Ferner

Post by Michael Ferner »

To be fair, I don't think Mansell was auditioning for "Dallas" there, maybe just a little bit. This was a tough track, a long race and Mr. Sun was bathing in a sea of concrete with little Noige hustling around in a black car and tyring to push it in his black suit, that must've been really exhausting. But there were occasions were he was utterly ridiculous in his role as drama queen, such as Monaco 1992. That was so obviously fake, even Sly Stone refused to sign him for "Drivel".

As for Senna, I did not see him picking up the flag, either, but he's clutching one in the footage. I happen to believe that you can drive the track in 6th gear alone, but I doubt you can slow to walking pace to pick up a flag without stalling. As it is, the lap times show that the gearbox freed itself again after a couple of laps, after which Senna picked up four seconds per lap again, so I think he overdramatized the whole issue for effect.

Michael Ferner

Post by Michael Ferner »

White six wrote: 1 year ago If we're comparing hardships I'm sure Nelson collapsed twice on the podium. Hard to tell if it's a joke or not with him though
Well, I don't think he planned to celebrate his first world championship with breakfast splattered all over his driving suit, so I'm giving him the benefit of doubt!

White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

White six wrote: 1 year ago If we're comparing hardships I'm sure Nelson collapsed twice on the podium. Hard to tell if it's a joke or not with him though
Well, I don't think he planned to celebrate his first world championship with breakfast splattered all over his driving suit, so I'm giving him the benefit of doubt!
But beware if he's pissed himself as well
DownForce
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: JapanGT, F1
Favourite Racing Car: PorscheGT3 Cup / RSR
Favourite Driver: Takuma Sato
Favourite Circuit: Suzuka, Monaco, Fuji
Car(s) Currently Owned: Porsche GT3, AMGC63, AudiRS4,GT3cup

Post by DownForce »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago
So yes he broke 2 rules then including The earrings all over his balls :tongue:
║═╣║║║╠╗╔╣║║╚╬╗╔╣║╔╝
║╔╣╦║║║║║║╦╠╗║║║║║╚╗
╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝

The Fastlane Awards 2022 -- ROOKIE of the YEAR
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

The brave little soldier has confirmed he will be racing in Canada, despite the pain. ;)

I don't doubt it's uncomfortable, other drivers are complaining about it, Bottas is the latest one I read about who says something needs to be done. No one else is making quite the fuss that Hamilton is and if all else fails, he should use some of the huge amount of money he's paid to sit on, it might soften the ride!

It can't be nice when you hurt like that, I wouldn't fancy it myself but then you have to take the rough with the smooth in life don't you?
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!