Formula 1 Streaming Guide

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Anyone know of a live stream for the Monaco Race. Thanks.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

Mawerick wrote: 2 years ago There seems to be something wrong with Sportsurge, so I'm now using this: https://f1livegp.me/f1/live.html
... works VERY WELL for me! :)
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

There are two streams in the chatbox on the index page.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Mawerick
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Racing Car: AAR Eagle T1G
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps

Post by Mawerick »

Mawerick wrote: 2 years ago There seems to be something wrong with Sportsurge, so I'm now using this: https://f1livegp.me/f1/live.html
This link appears to not work anymore.

For now, I'm using this one: https://bestreamsports.org/k122/

No idea how reliable it'll be.
"It’s a Mickey Mouse circuit. To have a race at a track like this is an insult to Grand Prix racing."
-Graham Hill commenting the Le Mans Bugatti track

- 2021 Guess The Pole champion! -
Mawerick
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Racing Car: AAR Eagle T1G
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps

Post by Mawerick »

Reddit F1 stream links here: https://reddit1.f1streamlinks.com/
"It’s a Mickey Mouse circuit. To have a race at a track like this is an insult to Grand Prix racing."
-Graham Hill commenting the Le Mans Bugatti track

- 2021 Guess The Pole champion! -
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

How reliable is online freebie streaming these days?

Have to find a solution for this season, and looking to avoid spending $$$.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

MonteCristo wrote: 1 year ago How reliable is online freebie streaming these days?

Have to find a solution for this season, and looking to avoid spending $$$.
It seems to be becoming less reliable as time goes on.

10 years ago I could watch Formula 1 races via Acestream and it was basically 50fps/60fps TV quality and rock solid reliability. 2-3 years ago, the same quality was finally achieved on several browser-based streaming sites.

However, last year was a tough year. Those browser-based streaming sites became full of spyware-infested adverts and although the quality was still good on some of them, the stream would become choppy or stop dead, usually 15 secs before the race start or in the middle of some exciting moment, and then wouldn't come back for 10-15 mins. So I needed to have at least 2 or 3 open in separate tabs just to not miss anything.

If F1TV is able to offer 50fps streaming in TV quality, that might be an option for this year. If it is still only 25fps then I'll stick with Mygoodstream as usual.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Drats. Oh well, we'll see.

I'll see what Channel 10 does domestically this year as well.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
SpanielRacing
Favourite Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Favourite Circuit: Silverstone

Post by SpanielRacing »

Do you live in a country where there is an exclusive Formula 1 broadcaster, therefore can’t access F1 TV (if you wanted to)?

I’m case you didn’t know, you can.

For Deutschland, Italy, Austria, United Kingdom, they all have Sky Sport(s) F1 as the exclusive live broadcaster, so F1 TV will not work if you try to subscribe on the official website.

The workaround is for Apple users to subscribe through iTunes (because Apple keeps your payment details encrypted & anonymous, so they don’t know what country you are in). I assume Android users can do the same through the Google Play store, but I don’t know personally as I’ve never had one.

Best thing is to test it, so just do a one month subscription initially
so that even in the worst case scenario, you will only lose approximately €5/$5/£5.

Now you have an F1 TV subscription, you need to appear to be in a country that allows access to the live streaming.

You need to use a VPN, and having previously used NordVPN which F1 TV kept outsmarting with updates, ExpressVPN is hands down the best VPN for this purpose. F1 TV will try as many methods to check where you are as they can on their site/within the app. ExpressVPN is best for speeds, but importantly has these three features:

-IP Address Checker to check whether your IP & location are hidden
-DNS Leak Test to check if you have any DNS leaks
-WebRTC Leak Test to check if WebRTC is leaking your IP address.

Once you have your VPN set to a country that does allow F1 TV (such as France), then you are fine to access the service, the main benefit of which is to be able to ride live onboard with any driver and hear their live and uncensored team radio (which is crucial for gaining an early insight into strategy).

Personally, I subscribe to Sky Sports F1 & watch every race in Ultra HD, I have my iPad on the live timing page, and my phone or laptop to ride onboard my chosen driver for that race (or different drivers in the same race).

If you want to save money on ExpressVPN, here is a link for 30 free days to get you started!

Paste all of the below into a browser:

https://www.expressrefer.com/refer-a-fr ... d=22267741

There is no pressure to though, it is entirely your free choice.

I have attached images showing ExpressVPN’s 3 tools to check your information isn’t leaking your true identity, as well as showing the Apple subscription to F1 TV, then showing the ‘World Feed’ TV broadcast as well as F1 TV simultaneously on different screens showing how much information you can have at your fingertips.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Waaa this is a weird post, like a spambot but advertising something useful. I didn't know whether to approve or not.

SpanielRacing
Favourite Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Favourite Circuit: Silverstone

Post by SpanielRacing »

Believe me, I’m not trying to just advertise for my own gain. What I’m saying is here is a way you can watch the race on the TV as well as F1 TV. If someone only watches on TV & has an F1 Access subscription (the one that anyone can get) then all you get is live timing & some extra (but still censored and delayed) team radio.

With F1 TV, you can ride onboard with any driver & get their live uncensored radio.

Commentators (and perhaps some fans) may make a guess (whoever educated or not) at what will happen in a certain duel. Are both teams trying to outsmart each other on tactics? What team radio haven’t they played on the TV?

If you are a member of F1 Fan Voice, you will know that following a suggestion, F1 sent a poll out for members with a Sky Sports F1 subscription asking whether they would also pay for F1 TV on top. I said yes, but I don’t know how others responded & we weren’t given anymore information on it.

This did appear in the media though about Sky exploring the option of allowing people to access it as long as they were a Sky Sports F1 subscriber: https://motorsportbroadcasting.com/2020 ... from-2021/

All I’m saying is, you can access it and it does work. Whether you chose to is up to you.

If you are sceptical, only pay for one month for the VPN & one month of F1 TV. That way, if you think you might stand to lose anything, then it’s the minimum possible. You could probably do a 7 day free trial of ExpressVPN.

I know I would at least like to know if there is a way around the geoblocking of F1 TV in markets with an exclusive TV broadcast deal. The information is there for you to do as you please.
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Hopefully this works for Baku. Fingers crossed.

Otherwise might have to be Twitter streams or something.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

MonteCristo wrote: 1 year ago

Just FYI, I took a risk on one of the posts above. I signed up to F1 TV Pro via a VPN. I basically had to connect to a network in the Netherlands and pay in Euros but I am able to watch F1 this weekend this way. Much better than any illegal stream.

If you do the above, make sure the VPN is connected before you sign up, otherwise F1 TV Pro won't be displayed as an option.

When signing up it also asks you to enter your country but not your address. I left it on UK. The main point is, the live video stream options appear when VPN is on and disappear when not.

VPN used was AirVPN.

MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

PTRACER wrote: 1 year ago
MonteCristo wrote: 1 year ago

Just FYI, I took a risk on one of the posts above. I signed up to F1 TV Pro via a VPN. I basically had to connect to a network in the Netherlands and pay in Euros but I am able to watch F1 this weekend this way. Much better than any illegal stream.

If you do the above, make sure the VPN is connected before you sign up, otherwise F1 TV Pro won't be displayed as an option.

When signing up it also asks you to enter your country but not your address. I left it on UK. The main point is, the live video stream options appear when VPN is on and disappear when not.

VPN used was AirVPN.
Getting F1 TV to work has been impossible. Just can't make it happen sadly. Tried getting different accounts and keeps encountering issues. Bah.

SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

F1TV have cracked down on VPNs. No way to watch in Japan anymore without going for illegal streaming sites. Well done Liberty!