Personal Chat

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna
Favourite Circuit: Monza, Montecarlo
Car(s) Currently Owned: Nissan Micra (vintage in 3 yrs)

Personal Chat

Post by Starling »

Sooo there is a chat for live commentary on the races. You bet I'll use it, even though I might have to follow 2022 races on the BBC site.

Buuut how about a chat room for us weirdos to exchange weirdness?

Maybe it already exists and I'm an idiot.
Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus.
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

the race threads are often used that way
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Starling wrote: 2 years ago Sooo there is a chat for live commentary on the races. You bet I'll use it, even though I might have to follow 2022 races on the BBC site.

Buuut how about a chat room for us weirdos to exchange weirdness?

Maybe it already exists and I'm an idiot.
Just to go back to the chat rooms in terms of racing which as @Starling pointed out we have, listed on the forum index page. As I understand it that is a chat room by label only (I guess an option called chat in the forum software). For the benefit of new members that "chat" room is in fact just an area we post links to live streams for races and motorsport events.

It is not actually an area where we chat..... and indeed chat is actively discouraged and frowned upon in that area. So for races we dont have an actual chatroom as such like other forums may or may not have.....

But dont despair if you want to to partake with banter during GP's with the rest of our little community. What we do have is.....

New members will notice that we religiously have a thread in the F1 section for each and every Grand Prix. I or others if they wish will open a post with a bit of background info to the race a few days prior to the race. We discuss all the pre-race gossip relating to the race. Come practice someone will post comments times of each session and discuss the form, who is sandbagging, who or what car is 'on fire' whatever.

However come qualifying and particularly in the race this becomes more of a live commentary area, with many of those watching live logged into the thread and indeed the thread pretty much becomes a live chat where we all discuss the race as it progresses. Of course post race it then becomes where we conduct the post mortem of the race and matters arising.

In essence what I am saying is that come race day the race thread becomes a live chatroom all are welcome to join. The more the merrier. Of course it does not cover the live chat away from the races, to discuss other more general randomness, but that is an area others have alluded to in the thread.
My 2 cents worth.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Another thing we have (not chat but still part of the fun of the forum) is a 'Guess The Pole' game. It's a challenge and you can go from hero to zero very quickly, especially if the weather catches you out.

During the races it is nice to be on here if you can watch them live, I only get delayed highlights so I miss out most of the time. Abu Dhabi was live for me as is the British GP and I have enjoyed the chat here whilst watching races, especially when it got tense. :)
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna
Favourite Circuit: Monza, Montecarlo
Car(s) Currently Owned: Nissan Micra (vintage in 3 yrs)

Post by Starling »

Heh, my Sky subscription seems very far away because my TV is crap, but I can still follow the BBC play-by-play, as I've always done. (Fingers crossed)
Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus.