The Fastlane is.....17 years old

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Star wrote: 3 years ago
PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago
White six wrote: 3 years ago It's only been any good for 6 months
Member of the year award coming your way.
Damn, there was me thinking it was since I joined ;) :rofl: :rofl:
Damn, two members of the year then!

We used to have an annual forum awards, but lately I haven't felt like pointing the finger at only one person and saying THIS member is the best.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Oh I've run forum awards loads of times, they're a lot of work if you're not careful. Plus you can upset people sometimes no matter how much you try not to.

So no, that's not me offering to run them here, sorry.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

White six wrote: 3 years ago It's only been any good for 6 months
Member of the year award coming your way.
Damn, there was me thinking it was since I joined ;) :rofl: :rofl:
Damn, two members of the year then!

We used to have an annual forum awards, but lately I haven't felt like pointing the finger at only one person and saying THIS member is the best.
We should have Festivus. The annual airing of grievances.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

Star wrote: 3 years ago Oh I've run forum awards loads of times, they're a lot of work if you're not careful. Plus you can upset people sometimes no matter how much you try not to.

Passing the Buck award material right here.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

DoubleFart wrote: 3 years ago
Star wrote: 3 years ago Oh I've run forum awards loads of times, they're a lot of work if you're not careful. Plus you can upset people sometimes no matter how much you try not to.

Hey, I'm new here, I don't know anything about how you run your awards :tongue:
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

DoubleFart wrote: 3 years ago

Hey, I'm new here, I don't know anything about how you run your awards :tongue:
Neither do we :D
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

This website is just about to reach the age of majority. Another 3 months, and we're annually there. PTRACER created this, with more than a little help from his friends... But we're reaching 18, now.
Neil Turbin-style, not as Alice Cooper, the man-child Peter Pan of Shock Rock... I mean this quite seriously.

But we're still standing, and that is pretty damn awesome, in and of itself.
So, what I'm saying is, I'm willing to let ALL bygones be bygones, and this has to be said. Nothing is too late. Fuck that shit up the ass. Forgive, and be forgiven. Or...? The time is NOW!

Warren and Strad: I've no quarrel with either of you, anymore.

Loyal erwin greven, same.

Michael Ferner. Ditto.

PTRACER, good old mate, we're done arguing.

TBK-, I wouldn't mind meeting you face to face, and no shotgun duel intended, as of old... :haha: Maybe a head-butt, but a-hey.

The Internet has its own character arcs, and I'm now at the stage where I've finally realized that there is no point in stewing in past shite.

I've hands-down won all my battles, in life. I have, in fact, as far as such matters are concerned, grown comfortably numb.
I suppose it's a combo of mature age and financial independence. If you judge me on that, alone, hell, you're just me, and I'm you... :tongue: Just wait another decade, or two. You'll see exactly what I mean.

However, if I'm to have a future here, on this forum, there can be no overshadowing of any kind of past resentment, whatsoever, either way. It all has to go, and we have to start afresh. Crashfinder General is just an ironic soubriquet, and I've never claimed to know fuck-all about motor racing... :haha: I don't! And I don't manage a single thing, nor do I really wish to. All I expect from you is - nothing at all. Just do your own bloody thing. :thumbsup: I think I've at least pointed the project in the right direction, and by example. Hope to be able to continue, as it's still interesting as hail.
TL;DR: The kicker: WE NEED TO GET OUR MoFoING GAME UP!

If this is not possible, then I will kindly bid all of you adieu, as I'll let my webspace expire by July of 2022, and the saga of me will reach its definite conclusion. Either way: it's been emotional.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

And some people appear to think I'm still member of this forum's management. I'm not, I also resigned from moderating 8 months ago, and as noone has been appointed in my place, I think that was probably a bad idea. The management consists of one person, and that is PTRACER, and he is not listening to me, but now I've said what I have to say in front of everybody, and everyone know where I stand.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

You say we are done arguing yet write stuff like this at the same time?

"Your lack of leadership is detrimental to the future of the project, in its entirety."

I don't see what the point is in responding if you shake with one hand and stab me with the other.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

PTRACER wrote: 2 years agoYou say we are done arguing yet write stuff like this at the same time?
I didn't. I said that before I posted in this topic. I wasn't under the impression you have been listening to anything I've been saying, and I'm still not, so I just said it in public. I would regard it as very detrimental indeed, if the material hosted on my webspace should be lost. You needn't respond, I've said what I wanted to say,
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Jesper Hvid wrote: 2 years ago
PTRACER wrote: 2 years agoYou say we are done arguing yet write stuff like this at the same time?
I didn't. I said that before I posted in this topic. I wasn't under the impression you have been listening to anything I've been saying, and I'm still not, so I just said it in public. I would regard it as very detrimental indeed, if the material hosted on my webspace should be lost. You needn't respond, I've said what I wanted to say,
I've read every word, but I haven't seen anything that I would regard as a suggestion for improvement. All you've done is insult the way I run the site, insult members for how/what they post and caused a bad atmosphere by the way you talk to people. You say things like "It's plain as a pikestaff that the problem is YOU" (meaning myself) but I don't see that there is a problem. New members are signing up, no one is leaving, there's more than 6600 CPdB entries, 32000 YouTube subscribers, I get emails from authors, journalists and people connected to racing asking for help and we've outlasted most of our peers. To me it seems like we are doing just fine.