CPdB back online

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

CPdB back online

Post by PTRACER »

The server was migrated and it "broke" the CPdB. Don't worry, the data is 100% intact! :smiley: It's only the website which displays the data that is incompatible with the new server.

So, I need to recreate it. It'll take me a little while. Please wait for a few days and it'll be sorted!

EDIT: Back online. Please wait for the admin section to come back (will fix later)
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

It looks to me as if it's the Db connection process that is the problem, this was a problem with v8, it's a different string to do database connections now in php7, it's now mysqli_connect instead of mysql_connect plus s couple other small changes.

But first you could try going into cpanel and changing the php version back to 5, but as I found it is only an emulated version of php5 and some stuff still doesn't work, but it solves most issues, what I had to do was move the forum onto a subdomain and set that up to run php7, and the rest of the website on the regular domain set to run php5 to get everything working with the minimum of hassle.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Downgrading was the first thing I tried, but it introduced other errors. TSO is apparently saving money by going for a MySQL clone called MariaDB. The software I used to create the CPdB is about 5 years old and the website it creates is incompatible with MariaDB.

So I have updated the software, made a few modifications and it is back: http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/cpdb/

There are some errors, though, so I will be making a new version of the database sometime. Also the admin section will remain offline for now since I don't have time to fix it right now.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records