Server Migration - 21st March

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

Bottom post of the previous page:

The same problem occurred again a number of times. At around 9.30 pm I think. And just a couple of minutes ago.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Where it downloads the page instead of opening it, right?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

PTRACER wrote: 4 years ago Where it downloads the page instead of opening it, right?
Exactly
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Alright I will open another ticket...
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Best I luck with that, I couldn't even do that the other day, the ticket system was broken...

Incidentally @PTRACER are you able to FTP into your server? If so what program/OS are you using?
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Ian-S wrote: 4 years ago Best I luck with that, I couldn't even do that the other day, the ticket system was broken...

Incidentally @PTRACER are you able to FTP into your server? If so what program/OS are you using?
Filezilla, using explicit FTP over TLS encryption and "Normal" logon type.

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Thanks what's your OS @PTRACER
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

For 2-3 minutes, from 17:47 - 17:50 (UTC +1), the website was offline (error 503 - Service/Server unavailable(?)).
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Had the same on ours, but yesterday.
It seems all these upgrades and improvements they've done have err, failed to live up to their name.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

hollie3sa wrote: 3 years ago For 2-3 minutes, from 17:47 - 17:50 (UTC +1), the website was offline (error 503 - Service/Server unavailable(?)).
I also noticed such an error yesterday.

I am going to pay for a server upgrade soon. Although we were migrated, we actually have the same amount of server space/memory as when we signed up to this host in 2006.

What plan are you on Ian?

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago
hollie3sa wrote: 3 years ago For 2-3 minutes, from 17:47 - 17:50 (UTC +1), the website was offline (error 503 - Service/Server unavailable(?)).

I am going to pay for a server upgrade soon. Although we were migrated, we actually have the same amount of server space/memory as when we signed up to this host in 2006.

Can't remember what it's called by it costs about £90 a year, I'll look it up next time I throw shade at them.
An upgrade probably won't fix the 503 errors though,that was the mistake I made.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Ian-S wrote: 3 years ago
PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago

Can't remember what it's called by it costs about £90 a year, I'll look it up next time I throw shade at them.
An upgrade probably won't fix the 503 errors though,that was the mistake I made.
Are you still on an ancient package from 10 years ago or more?

I only have 10GB of space and 150GB of bandwidth, which is almost completely used up every month thanks to the CPdB.

However I can pay the same price per month and get 100GB of space and unlimited bandwidth for the same price. And 512MB of dedicated memory, rather than shared memory which I have now. If you have shared memory too, then if the other websites on our server get busy, then ours goes down. That is what I think is happening with this forum.

Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

PTRACER wrote: 4 years ago
Ian-S wrote: 4 years ago Best I luck with that, I couldn't even do that the other day, the ticket system was broken...

Did anything change in terms of host/user/pw? I keep timing out when trying to access the server.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Michkov wrote: 3 years ago
PTRACER wrote: 4 years ago

Did anything change in terms of host/user/pw? I keep timing out when trying to access the server.
I just tried and failed too. I noticed a few weeks ago I could not get on either.

I will need to raise another support ticket with them :roll:

Michkov
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Michkov »

@PTRACER what's the error you are getting? My Filezilla can connect but times out after sending the MLSD command. The internet tells me that's most likely an issue with the server not recognizing the command and the client not reverting to the older LIST command.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Michkov wrote: 3 years ago @PTRACER what's the error you are getting? My Filezilla can connect but times out after sending the MLSD command. The internet tells me that's most likely an issue with the server not recognizing the command and the client not reverting to the older LIST command.
Same error, basically.