Forum Activity Section

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
myownalias
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Daniel Ricciardo
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Ford Fusion (3.0L V6)

Forum Activity Section

Post by myownalias »

As some of you know, I am a moderator on another forum, which I won't mention, not looking to spam, and there is a feature on that forum that displays the latest 10 active topics from all forums on the forum main page. I really like this feature, it allows me to see the latest 10 active threads, I'm not sure whether it's a plugin or something that can be enabled on phpBB, but I believe it would be a great addition to the bottom of the forum list.
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownaliasFormula 1 Articles
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

On the main site page (http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/) there are some last active posts linked. I have that page as my bookmark, as you never know when another article will pop up.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

There's a load of pages that do that under "Quick links", for example the "New Posts" one is my bookmark for the forum, I almost never enter via the main index page.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
myownalias
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Daniel Ricciardo
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Ford Fusion (3.0L V6)

Post by myownalias »

Ah, I see, guess that I've just gotten used to seeing it on the index page of the forum, guess that it's time to bookmark the active topics page.

Thanks.
myownaliasThe Englishman in KansasTwitter: @myownaliasFormula 1 Articles
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

@myownalias There's an extension available called Top Five, which I had installed briefly to display the latest 5 posts on index, but it seemed to conflict with one of the other extensions and I had to disable it. I think it also made the index page a little too long, especially on mobile phones. The solutions posted by the others are the next best thing.

I did investigate the idea of using some of your board's features here in case we ever merged, but your board uses custom extensions on a custom version of phpBB3, which I think your admin paid (continues to pay?) rather a lot of money for...
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records