The Farzad Memorial Thread

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

The Farzad Memorial Thread

Post by PTRACER »

We might have a few folks joining us soon :) Talks are going well. The main members of another forum are in the process of agreeing to join us here, creating a merging of our two communities.

This means:
- Their members will join our forum and their forum will close/be archived.
- One of their members will be elected as a moderator and will represent their group. They will no doubt have suggestions and ideas to make their forum experience easier/happier and we will accommodate them as much as possible.
- They will have the option to use their own forum theme and I will install one or two mods on it
- I may rename/rearrange some of the sections to make it feel more like "home" to them. Rearranging means I will change the order. Nothing will be deleted. Only the names will change.
- They used to play a number of games over there. One was GridBids, another was Guess The Pole. These were quite popular when they were running, and they want to play them here too. I encourage everyone to take part in them.

I think that's everything. If anyone has any questions, doubts, comments, please air them here.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Sounds good.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Indeed.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
ReneLotus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ReneLotus »

Whats the phrase? The more, the merrier? :-)
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

That's the one :thumbsup: I'm very excited about this working out, we could expect six to ten new posters and that's a big difference to us. Although that is a best case scenario. Their community spirit is the same as ours so we'll all get on very well, and to be fair, when you're running rival forums of this size or smaller, it makes more sense to gather everyone together in one place and team up.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Fucking immigrants, coming over and writing our posts :roll:

:haha:
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Which forum was it ?
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

I used to be a member, and post a lot over at Farzads many years ago but drifted away after a while for reasons I dont recall.... probably because I was involved in a lot of other forums, and the downloads available here at F/L were better :haha: (Thanks Strad!) They always seemed a good bunch of guys, very little in the way of toys being tossed out of the pram, and from memory were all pretty level headed respectful non trolling posters, very similar to here.

I think it would be a good merger to make and as has been said a few more active members here would be a benefit. No objections from me at all.

Thank God it was not a notification of potentially merging with TBK, which was my initial dread when I saw "Potential merger with another forum" in the thread title! (With all respects to TBK members, it just wasnt to my liking.... too much dummy spitting and too many low flying toys going in every direction)

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

They are welcome.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

DoubleFart wrote:Fucking immigrants, coming over and writing our posts :roll:

LOL someone's in a pedantic mood today... :lol:
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Ian-S wrote:
DoubleFart wrote:Fucking immigrants, coming over and writing our posts :roll:

LOL someone's in a pedantic mood today... :lol:
Sorry, I thought we were on the daily mail. [/KatieHopkins] ;)

Oh no, I can't wait to welcome in these refugees. :haha:
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

We're (hopefully) merging with Farzad's F1 Gallery Andy :wave:
Everso Biggyballies wrote:I used to be a member, and post a lot over at Farzads many years ago but drifted away after a while for reasons I dont recall.... probably because I was involved in a lot of other forums, and the downloads available here at F/L were better :haha: (Thanks Strad!) They always seemed a good bunch of guys, very little in the way of toys being tossed out of the pram, and from memory were all pretty level headed respectful non trolling posters, very similar to here.

I think it would be a good merger to make and as has been said a few more active members here would be a benefit. No objections from me at all.

Thank God it was not a notification of potentially merging with TBK, which was my initial dread when I saw "Potential merger with another forum" in the thread title! (With all respects to TBK members, it just wasnt to my liking.... too much dummy spitting and too many low flying toys going in every direction)
Oh hell no :haha: A merger wouldn't work in that direction - big forum eats little forum, etc. I think if we could swallow up a few smaller, dying forums, we'll bring The Fastlane to its full potential and do the internet a service at the same time.

I say full potential - at the moment, we are pushing our weight beyond that of other forums with only a few people. We only need a bigger "audience" to appreciate our work, and at the same time, a few more willing contributors would be really helpful.

I'm glad you give it your blessing though Chris, I thought you may have been one of the reluctant ones!

Puhis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Rallying
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 79
Favourite Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Favourite Circuit: Nürburgring
Car(s) Currently Owned: -

Post by Puhis »

Sounds great. Farzad's always was a bit of a mystery for me. I've known about the place for some 10 years or so, but never started posting there - probably a good thing, all things considered.

As you said, a bigger audience and more active user base is definitely what this forum craves and deserves. Hopefully it all works out.
"When you put the car into the wall, you have made some mistake before it's in the wall."

-Tapani Linnaluoto, my commentary partner during a Classic Lotus Grand Prix race at Watkins Glen.
Manfred Cubenoggin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Manfred Cubenoggin »

A merger? Hmmm... My first reaction on seeing the thread title was somewhat negative. I mean that from the POV of being a long-time TFL member and seeing changes rankles this old fart. However, if we can have more members and more input, well then, why the hell not?

I'll welcome a hook up with the other group. :)
Miles to go B4 I sleep
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Manfred Cubenoggin wrote:seeing changes rankles this old fart. However, if we can have more members and more input, well then, why the hell not?
You're a bit like me, then. A progressive Conservative.