Mobile-compatible theme installed

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Mobile-compatible theme installed

Post by PTRACER »

If you use a mobile phone to browse The Fastlane....Well, just try it. See what happens :mrgreen:
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Haven't checked but is it Artodia? That's great that is, got it on V8T.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Aye! I didn't wanna install Tapatalk, pain in the arse. Artodia is ugly but it works and people can switch back to the standard theme easily if they don't like it.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Yup we have the Artodia iPhone style installed.
I have it auto selecting though, so no idea if anybody actually uses it aside from me.

Didn't want to install Taptalk either.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Ours auto-detects mobile devices too, standard feature of the mod :P

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Too scared to log in from my phone given the international roaming rates from Aus, but I have (just) now updated with a local spanish vodafone pre paid sim (albeit not a heavy on data plan, rather more tuned for Nat and Intnl calls)

Im not the most informed person on such matters and did not use the planes advertised totally free wifi because the person sat next to me said it would sent my international roaming and $$$ on my monthly bill through the roof. I still dont know the truth. :dunno:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

I just say GREAT
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Everso Biggyballies wrote:Im not the most informed person on such matters and did not use the planes advertised totally free wifi because the person sat next to me said it would sent my international roaming and $$$ on my monthly bill through the roof. I still dont know the truth. :dunno:
If it's true wifi then it's totally free, if it's 3G or 4G and goes through the mobile phone network it costs you dollar.

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

my phone has separate settings for wifi and mobile internet (2g, 3g etc) so you can switch on wifi with 3g turned off, and vice versa.

My mobile internet is turned off permanently, whilst I switch on Wifi as and when, mines prepay and I've never been changed for using wifi, whether it was Gatwick Airports one or the London Underground or some poor sods on the high street that didn't switch on his security.

The most annoying thing with wifi is the connection process often takes longer to complete than the time you're actually on the system for, on a recent outing I decided to use Gatwick's "free" wifi, by the time I'd entered my name, address and fake email to get access about half hour had passed and three coppers asked me what I was doing, and all I wanted to know was whether there was a particular restaurant in the terminal :lol:

Some wifi hotspots have also taken to asking for your mobile phone number on the excuse of texting you the password, obviously somewhere in the terms will be you're agreement to them using the details you submit for marketing purposes.

Best wifi I've ever used is BTOpenzone with my dads username and password :lol:
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Haha, I have the same experience with "free" wifi. It's great when I go into Harvester and connect to their wifi, I sign in with my fake details and it says "Welcome back Bob!"

BTOpenzone pisses me off, if I leave my wifi on when I leave the house it tries to connect to it and then it blocks my 3G.

Mawerick
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Racing Car: AAR Eagle T1G
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps

Post by Mawerick »

PTRACER wrote:Ours auto-detects mobile devices too, standard feature of the mod :P
For some reason FL automatically changes to mobile layout despite me being on a desktop PC, but ONLY if I'm using my projector as display (1920*1080). If I use my standard monitor (1920*1200) it works just fine :huh:

No idea what's going on there.

edit: this happens on the first access after opening Firefox. It works after that as long as I don't close the browser. Haven't tried other browser though.
"It’s a Mickey Mouse circuit. To have a race at a track like this is an insult to Grand Prix racing."
-Graham Hill commenting the Le Mans Bugatti track

- 2021 Guess The Pole champion! -
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

The forum uses some kind of automatic detection code, so it knows whether you're browsing on a tablet or a mobile phone or a PC. I didn't write it, I just downloaded and installed it for people's convenience so I can't really suggest a solution right now.

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Use the switch to full displwy button at the bottom of the page, it should over-ride the auto selection.
Mawerick
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Racing Car: AAR Eagle T1G
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps

Post by Mawerick »

Maybe I should've been clearer; I can switch back to normal view with a single click. It's just that on first TFL opening after browser start and projector in use, TFL defaults to mobile view.

It doesn't really bother me, was just baffled at what's causing it.
"It’s a Mickey Mouse circuit. To have a race at a track like this is an insult to Grand Prix racing."
-Graham Hill commenting the Le Mans Bugatti track

- 2021 Guess The Pole champion! -
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

As Paul said, the way that code works is a mystery, it does some funny things on the v8 forum too.