And The Winner Is.... Forum Awards 2022

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Bottom post of the previous page:

You guys are welcome, I did enjoy doing the awards, but I will admit I'm not sorry it's all over now.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Star wrote: 1 year ago but I will admit I'm not sorry it's all over now.
You're not angry... Just disappointed in us :P.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Star
Special Member
Special Member

Post by Star »

MonteCristo wrote: 1 year ago
Star wrote: 1 year ago but I will admit I'm not sorry it's all over now.
You're not angry... Just disappointed in us :P.
I'm not angry or disappointed with you, why would I be? I'm just glad I don't have to keep checking what is going on and making sure I'm up to date with it all, preparing the next part etc. :cool:

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

First of all a big thanks to @Star for putting all this together and doing all the behind the scenes work. Also to @Ultra for the rather special awards. Excellent work and thanks for all your efforts.

Congrats also to all the category and special award winners, and also from my part many thanks to those that voted me as Forum Treasure. Its all a bit humbling and quite touching to be appreciated in this way..... I will say though that to be honest TFL has become a part of my daily routine, and in over 16 years I have come to know and think of many of you as good friends.... odd when I have never even met any of you beyond emails and pm's. Maybe one day that will change.

I really enjoy all the banter and communication, the overall respectful and often humorous exchanges we all enjoy and something that to me makes for Fastlane being such a great little community of like minded motor sport enthusiasts of all ages and experiences. Life without Fastlane and all of the members would be a very large hole to fill in my life. As an old fart its great to chat with people of all age groups, colours, cultures, guys girls etc that we have here. Its been an education to me communicating with you all.

I never thought that when I first signed up to the forum that it would become such an enjoyable part of my life, and I hope long may it continue. It is also great to see that we still have an ongoing influx of quality new members, and look forward to that continuing. I cant imagine what lockdowns we had with Covid would have been like without the forum and all of you.

At which point I want to make a special thanks to @PTRACER for all the hours he puts into keeping the place running and without whom we would not be in the position we are. Also thanks to all the mods, the founder members etc etc.

Oh and thanks again to @Star for the special Grand Prix threads award. To be honest they are a labour of love to me and I enjoy the reading and research, and finding new bits of history to throw in. We get plenty of replies, discussions and page views in the threads so I guess others enjoy them and thats a bonus.

I suppose all that is left is for me to thank my Mother and Father :haha: :haha: .... without them all those decades ago, strapping a 6 week old me in a carry cot onto the boot rack of Dad's MGTC, with Mum kneeling on the passenger seat looking back at me and hanging on, as they took me to Castle Combe racetrack for my first motor racing experience it must have sparked something.. Apparently the louder the cars were the more I gurgled with joy, and the only time I cried all day was when the racing stopped. Obviously the seed was set and many hundreds of race meetings later....

Anyway thanks again for everything, all of you......without all of you the forum would be nothing, you are all forum treasures, so thanks everyone for making this such an enjoyable community to discuss our sport, for better or for worse.

Long may it continue. Health and happiness to you all..:fingers: :mates: :drunk: :twothumbs: :fingers:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Star
Special Member
Special Member

Post by Star »

What a lovely acceptance speech @Everso Biggyballies, thanks for that :twothumbs: :happy:

This place is a great place to hang out and it's somewhere I intend to stay. @PTRACER has built a home for all of us and the one special award he won doesn't seem enough to thank him. So I'm going to say it again here.

Thank you @PTRACER for giving us a happy home with a bunch of wonderful people who we get to hang out with. :bow: :drunk: :oimate: :twothumbs:

Picci
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula One
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Honda Fit

Post by Picci »

Congrats guys - well deserved!!

And great job @Star for the wonderful initiative and keeing the community close together in this way!
XcraigX
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

Post by XcraigX »

OK, just finding this thread...

Thank you for the awards! Greatly appreciated.
I saw your pleas for votes, but I am just getting around to checking the results. Funny it did not seem to come up in my notifications. Or maybe it just expired since this thread was created when I was on holiday?

Either way, thanks for organizing it @Star !!
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
Star
Special Member
Special Member

Post by Star »

XcraigX wrote: 1 year ago OK, just finding this thread...

Thank you for the awards! Greatly appreciated.
I saw your pleas for votes, but I am just getting around to checking the results. Funny it did not seem to come up in my notifications. Or maybe it just expired since this thread was created when I was on holiday?

Either way, thanks for organizing it @Star !!
You're welcome @XcraigX I hope you like your awards, now you finally found them :tongue: :haha: