Latest Board Modifications/Changed *Update: 26/05/10*

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Can I have your opinion on the last mod I've installed please? It's done a huge amount of things to the forum, as you may have seen.

It has added several different rank colours - Admin (me), Staff (Jesper and Warren), Moderator (strad), Founder Members (PTfan54 and P34) and of course normal users ;) These colours are displayed everywhere - on the Index, in the topics, profiles and in the posts. I originally had the colours available when you view each forum, but it just looks a complete mess, so I've gone back to the default colours for that. One feature of the mod is that wherever you see a username, you can click it and it will take you to the profile.

I'd like to give it a test run before I remove it. I'd like you to report any problems you have (e.g. seeing things you're not supposed to see, problems with posting, problems with viewing topics/forums etc. etc.). And generally, I'd like some feedback.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

PTRACER wrote:seeing things you're not supposed to see
Well....hehehe
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

What?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Nah, its just that flying pixy thats bugging me.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Flying pixy? What do you mean? :dunno:

PTfan54
Founder Member
Founder Member

Post by PTfan54 »

PTRACER wrote:Can I have your opinion on the last mod I've installed please? It's done a huge amount of things to the forum, as you may have seen.

It has added several different rank colours - Admin (me), Staff (Jesper and Warren), Moderator (strad), Founder Members (PTfan54 and P34) and of course normal users ;) These colours are displayed everywhere - on the Index, in the topics, profiles and in the posts. I originally had the colours available when you view each forum, but it just looks a complete mess, so I've gone back to the default colours for that. One feature of the mod is that wherever you see a username, you can click it and it will take you to the profile.

I'd like to give it a test run before I remove it. I'd like you to report any problems you have (e.g. seeing things you're not supposed to see, problems with posting, problems with viewing topics/forums etc. etc.). And generally, I'd like some feedback.
I personally really like it. :cool:
Bernie Ecclestone's Glasses: The Greatest Spectacles in Racing
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra + Colorado

Post by strad »

You installed a Modification??? Image
If a man can't look at danger and still go on, man has stopped living. If the worst ever happens – then it means simply that I've been asked to pay the bill for the happiness of my life – without a moment's regret. Graham Hill
aerogi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by aerogi »

tbh, I don't really like this colouring of the usernames. ok if all of the staff/founding members/moderators have one colour, and all the rest another colour, but not each group a different colour...
http://www.phpbbplanet.com/aerogi/index ... rum=aerogi , the 2nd best motorsport forum of the world! :)
WilliamsF1

Post by WilliamsF1 »

The hyperlinks to check out that members profile are okay~, but having colors is'nt to great.... :annoyed:
There is no such thing as a risk, when you don't have EVERYTHING you want
aerogi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by aerogi »

A more fun idea would be giving colours to number of posts you have...
http://www.phpbbplanet.com/aerogi/index ... rum=aerogi , the 2nd best motorsport forum of the world! :)
HC

Post by HC »

Nah, I don't like the colours, becomes a tad too much of a circus.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Taking the board offline briefly for some maintenance work. Should be online again within a few minutes.

WilliamsF1

Post by WilliamsF1 »

PTRACER wrote: if anyone has any ideas for the Profile Fields modification, please tell me.
I would'nt mind seeing another one, that would go in your profile, perhaps like Background/Ethnicity. I think it'd be good to have that, because even though you might live, in say, America at the time, you could've been born & brought up in Holland, & just having that extra bit of information is good.

Thoughts on this? :smiley:
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

WilliamsF1 wrote:
PTRACER wrote: if anyone has any ideas for the Profile Fields modification, please tell me.
I would'nt mind seeing another one, that would go in your profile, perhaps like Background/Ethnicity. I think it'd be good to have that, because even though you might live, in say, America at the time, you could've been born & brought up in Holland, & just having that extra bit of information is good.

Thoughts on this? :smiley:
Some people may not be proud to admit they have Welsh roots but live in England! But hey, i do, and i dont like Sheep!
WilliamsF1

Post by WilliamsF1 »

DoubleFault wrote: Some people may not be proud to admit they have Welsh roots but live in England! But hey, i do, and i dont like Sheep!
I'm sure that's just local knowledge :thumbsup:

Before I joined upto this site, I didnt know that you guys over there, called a womens you know what, a teabag. Then I found out what teabagging was, but lets not go there (Google it if you really want to).

Still, it'd be optional Christopher.
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

I think a "You're Largest Dump", in pounds, would be a fun option. :smiley:
What if?