If I had a time machine.

Racing events, drivers, cars or anything else from the past.
SBan83

If I had a time machine.

Post by SBan83 »

If say, you were in Mr. H. G. Wells' novel...which year would u transport yourself back in(purely for savouring the motor-racing of that year/era of course)...and state the reasons why.

I would choose 1959...a seat at the Sebring race of that year, marvelling at the world's first rear-engined Formula 1 car and how it beat its competition effortlessly...not to mention the superb atmosphere at Sebring at the time...the raw feel and smell of the racetrack without any of the modern sanitized nonsense...standing at the edge of the track, watching the cars race by...aah...the good ol' days.

And no, you can use the time machine only to transport BACK to the days...no going to the future...I'll yank y'all back if any1 tries such hanky-panky... :lol:
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

Cool idea. :wink:

I'm nor sure, really. The '60s, for sure. As for an exact year, I don't know! Maybe the mid-60s and check out the birth of Can-Am or something. Or to see the Targa Florio or even weasel my way in as a competitor! :twisted: That would be cool. :idea:
What if?
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Man, I can't believe that there was only one reply to this topic...****. :P
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

Hotdogger wrote:Man, I can't believe that there was only one reply to this topic...****. :P
Most people just come here to leech the videos, that doesn't work anymore. :wink: They must be too lazy to post. :lol:

Let/s see, where else would I like to go, back in time....... :?: :arrow: :idea: :arrow: :twisted:

OK, I'd like to go back to 1971, the year I was born, and take in all of the motorsport which I am currently interested in, so i can know EVERYTHING about it! :)
What if?
Xen
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Xen »

Warren wrote:
Hotdogger wrote:Man, I can't believe that there was only one reply to this topic...****. :P
Most people just come here to leech the videos, that doesn't work anymore. :wink: They must be too lazy to post. :lol:

Let/s see, where else would I like to go, back in time....... :?: :arrow: :idea: :arrow: :twisted:

OK, I'd like to go back to 1971, the year I was born, and take in all of the motorsport which I am currently interested in, so i can know EVERYTHING about it! :)
I haven't anything else to say :D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Btw, on my work, they are a guy born in 1952 who went on some GPs, on the 24h le Mans 1968 race and 1971 :shock: :shock: :shock:

He also showed the Porsche 917, Ferrari 512S, and many of these AMAZING cars, include also the Ford GT40, Porsche 908, ... :shock: :shock:

I talk sometimes with him :D
Nordschleife, the ultimate track in the world...
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

As long as I drive the cars, I'd probably go back to the 1970s and masquerade as some driver with a funny name...Hmmmm...I'd have a silly name like...Joe Sheckter or something silly like that :P
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Catwalk.Imp
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Catwalk.Imp »

Hmm...I think for example I would go back to 1967 and watch Richard Petty winning 10 races in a Row... :shock: :oops:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

me personaly i would go to the eighties as there were so many electrifying rivalries from Piquet and Mansell to Prost and Senna. There was also the great Gilles Villeneuve and didier pironi. the passing was amazing and it took guts and determination for Lauda to caome back and win the title for Mclaren, so i would probably go back to the 80's. enough reasons !?
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

If I'd have to choose only 1 race I'd go back to 1st july of 1979 to see the french gp :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , or even only the 3 laps, could be good in front of any tv, in any place, just wanna see it live!!!!!

If I could choose more I'd like to see all the wins of Jackie an spain 81 and monza 75, 79....monaco 81 and spain 81...monaco 82....(well I was born in 1980 but I don't think I've really watched this) I dunno there's more??? ah yes! monza 1971 :wink:
rustyfan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by rustyfan »

I would go back to Daytona in 2001 and tell Dale to stay high no matter what during the last lap of the Daytona 500.
domag

Post by domag »

I would transport me into the future to live a little bit securer. But if my timemachine is out of order I will go back to the 60th and 70th with parties
in paddocks. :wink:
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

1967 and at the Nurburgring :P I'm surprised this thread hasn't been more popular! :shock: :(
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

If I could, I'd take back my foolish request and do my best to protect Darrell Abbott from being shot...
What if?
Friendsmaster

Post by Friendsmaster »

i would choose portugal 1984, great race
dawex

Post by dawex »

Difficult question. To watch Nuvolari in his Alfa Romeo kicking ass of Mercedes and Auto Union in 1935 German Grand Prix, or to watch Mercedes and Auto Union kicking ass of Alfa Romeos in every other races?