Horner under investigation

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

As we know the complainant has been suspended from Red Bull Racing following the conclusion of the initial investigation by the independant barrister which exonerated Horner of any wrongdoing.

That same independent investigation into the matter ended with said employee at the centre of the allegations suspended (on full pay) for alleged dishonesty in her statements and evidence presented at the time.

Now we hear of her emotional problems with depression and. other issues such as being very upset, very angry, very scared, very intimidated, very lonely".

Apparently she is now to face fuller interviews and questioning this week in relation to her alleged dishonesty during the initial investigation. I wonder if there will be a mysterious leak with details of this alleged dishonesty. Perhaps something along the lines of (provocative) messages from her to CH or even some incriminating messages between the female and a third party.

That the independent barrister found her to have been dishonest in her claims seems to have been overlooked in all this employee self pity. Perhaps her alleged dishonesty and fabrication is much of the cause of the emotional issues she faces now. :idunno:

What makes me snigger is her wishes to continue working within F1, even still at RBR. I think, especially with the dishonesty rumours, she will be pretty well tarred with a brush that says "Avoid this one at all costs". I would have thought that whether right or wrong she would be pretty close to unemployable in F1, beyond Red Bull being forced to take her back for fear of unfair dismissal actions. Even should she be retained by Red Bull she will surely have a troublemaker tag on her be it deserved or not.

I still cannot remove my thoughts that this whole sad and sordid drama was the result of some set up with the objective to destabilise and ultimately terminate Horner's position within the company. Im not suggesting Horner is guilt free or of sound morals by any means but there is certainly a rodent-esque aroma emanating from somewhere.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

Due to imposed secrecy there is much one would like to ask. Excessive, and hardly justified trust into so called independent investigation would be a starting point. In public arena assumption is, it was all encompassing in-depth investigation, which ended with favored son winning. What a stroke of luck.

A few thoughts.
1. What were exactly instructions the investigator received? (Imposed red lines on the investigation.)
2. Nature of all communications (received/initiated) by the investigator with both shareholders, before and/or during investigation. (Can we see accurate transcripts? I am sure all coms, digital or in person, including personal notes on this subject were recorded.)
3. On what basis content of social apps exchanges was dismissed? Is there only one app in play, or there are others?

Until all is in plain sight, which might be never, I feel something is not feeling just right. From psychological point of view, pursuit of justice by her doesn't strikes me as opportunistic, but genuine, and undeserving of public lynching she seems to be receiving. BTW, has actually anyone in public seen that Letter of Suspension in which she was alledgedly accused of being deceptive? Maybe people should stop dreaming about (alledged) duel between shareholders, and focus on human drama between two individuals. At the end, was justice served as it is? Doubts remain.
Last edited by Aty 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Yawn. No news. No update. This thread has been finished for weeks.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

DoubleFart wrote: 1 month ago Yawn. No news. No update. This thread has been finished for weeks.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Had a bit of a dilemma for a moment, Sebastian Vettel was interviewed on Sky news today and he commented on the whole Christian Horner situation. I thought it should probably be in here and not in the Seb thread, though it could have gone in both to be fair :dunno:
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

I was thinking about posting that Vettel interview, but with everyone saying that this is over, I figured I would not annoy them. In the end, it is clear that this is not over. There will be more to come.
P. Cornelius Scipio
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve

Post by P. Cornelius Scipio »

Star wrote: 1 month ago Had a bit of a dilemma for a moment, Sebastian Vettel was interviewed on Sky news today and he commented on the whole Christian Horner situation. I thought it should probably be in here and not in the Seb thread, though it could have gone in both to be fair :dunno:
If Red Bull decides to release more information about this case they would breach the privacy of the female employee in question... either they both decide to provide all the details (and I don't believe for a single second that this will happen because neither party has any interest in doing so, on the one hand she was found to act "dishonestly" and no one in such a situation wants to be exposed, on the other hand I'm sure that Horner and his family aren't keen on the messages becoming public, in a sense Red Bull as a company is in a lose - lose situation) or if Red Bull acts unilaterally and publishes the details of the KC's investigation then the female employee can sue them for damages

so yes we will keep on hearing unfounded rumors that never get substantiated (ie. she is about to go to the police, she is about to take them to an employment tribunal, she is about to start a civil case against Horner, she is about to talk to a prosecutor, she got 1 million euros payout, she is shaken by what happened, etc) until someone at Red Bull gets serious, start some proper investigation into the leaks, and decides to take action

I also would like to point out that in a sense I'm not blaming her, I think that she is being used
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

With all this secrecy surrounding this case, I am curious, how do we know she was found being dishonest? I can think about other reasons why it was recommended to her to step down. I am aware that friends, people wth an agenda and admires of CH like to use a very specific and inflammatory language, but who on the outside have actually seen and read the authentic Letter of Suspension she alledgedly received?
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

Vettel's comments on a private internal investigation have no more relevance than my own. If anything, they're even less relevant because he has to balance his personal relationship with the paddock with his PR persona.

So they're pointless. Like this thread.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

Well, this might actually be the most important story of 2025, if it was indeed the catalyst that led to the departure of Newey from Red Bull. The next question is how long Verstappen stays at Red Bull. I assume there will also be additional fall out (Marko or Horner or both). And, this story is not done yet.