CEREAL IS A SOUP.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Veal.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

MonteCristo wrote: 10 months agoVeal.
Biel. :blush:
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

John wrote: 10 months ago
MonteCristo wrote: 10 months agoVeal.
Biel. :blush:
Bynes :shocked:.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

There seems to a lot of chat about the speeds the cars will be able to with the new surface.... and that lap records that have stood for many many will tumble dramatically.

IndyCars could smash Road America track records this weekend

The decades-old IndyCar qualifying and race track records at Road America could be broken this weekend, as the freshy-repaved track hosts America’s premier open-wheel series.

The IndyCar pole track record here is held by Dario Franchitti, who lapped his Reynard-Honda 2KI – which boasted almost 1000bhp in qualifying trim – in 1m39.866s in 2000, while Alex Zanardi (Reynard-Honda 98i) holds the race lap record of 1m41.874s set in 1998.

Although last year’s IndyCar pole time was Alexander Rossi’s 1m44.8656 for Andretti Autosport. Arrow McLaren’s Pato O’Ward lapped in 1m40.72s in testing last week – already well under that race lap-record pace.

More info on what the drivers think etc https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news ... /10482152/

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Manfred Cubenoggin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Manfred Cubenoggin »

Near as I can determine at this time, the race will not be broadcast on any TV service that I currently have available to me here in Canada. Grrr...
Miles to go B4 I sleep
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Manfred Cubenoggin wrote: 10 months ago Near as I can determine at this time, the race will not be broadcast on any TV service that I currently have available to me here in Canada. Grrr...
TSN+ will broadcast the race in Canada. Assuming that's one of them.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Rossi tops Malukas in first Road America IndyCar practice

The NTT IndyCar Series’ return to a newly-paved Road America produced an incredible display of speed led by Alexander Rossi who topped the 27-car field with a best lap of 1m41.7790s.

With Dario Franchitti’s all-time IndyCar lap record of 1m39.866s from the CART IndyCar Series in 2000 with his Reynard-Honda as the standard to challenge, Rossi was closest in the No. 7 Arrow McLaren Chevy as the group bolted on Firestone’s faster alternate tires to complete their running with qualifying simulations. Rossi’s 2022 pole lap of 1m44.8656s gave a good indicator of how much speed the new tarmac and Firestone’s new tires produced as the American knocked more than three seconds off his most impressive lap prior to the repave.

“It was interesting for us, having tested here last week, to understand the differences between the tires we used last week and the tire that Firestone brought for this weekend, because no one that tested here last week had that tire,” Rossi said. “Understanding how those offset and then trying the Firestone Reds for the first time was important. It was an interesting session and there’s definitely a lot to digest overnight.”

Behind Rossi was Dale Coyne Racing with HMD Motorsports’ David Malukas in second with a 1m41.8652s produced in the No. 18 Honda and in third, Chip Ganassi Racing’s Alex Palou weighed in with a 1m41.9486s lap in the No. 10 Honda.

Palou’s CGR teammate Scott Dixon nearly matched him with a 1m41.9544s in the No. 9 Honda to claim fourth, and closing out the top six, Arrow McLaren’s Pato O’Ward registered a 1m41.9778s in the No. 5 Chevy and CGR’s Marcus Ericsson conjured a 1m42.0426s tour in the No. 8 Honda.

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing, which made a few engineering and mechanical changes coming into a Road America, showed promise with Christian Lundgaard (P7) and Graham Rahal (P11), and of the surprises, Team Penske’s recent test at the track did not deliver the pace it was expecting as its fastest driver was Scott McLaughlin (P15).

Elsewhere, Ryan Hunter-Reay’s debut for Ed Carpenter Racing went better than expected (P22) in his first IndyCar road racing outing in 18 months. He and teammate Rinus VeeKay (P26) have plenty of work to do with the team before Saturday as the group looks to solve some of its season-long issues in the speed department.
https://racer.com/2023/06/16/rossi-tops ... -practice/

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

MonteCristo wrote: 10 months ago Rossi tops Malukas
:shocked: :suspicious: :haha:

MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 10 months ago
MonteCristo wrote: 10 months ago Rossi tops Malukas
:shocked: :suspicious: :haha:
Punk had it coming.

Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

Did someone say 'Veal'?

07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Vassago wrote: 10 months ago Did someone say 'Veal'?

Sounds vaguely German.... Oh Vealy. :dunno:

The Provimi "Halal Veal Morning / Breakfast Sausages are a great way to start any morning". (Their words not mine) :haha:

Might well be... unless you are a baby cow I guess :suspicious: :whistling:

From their "About us page at http://www.provimifoods.com/
As a longstanding partner to some of the world’s most renowned restaurateurs, our team at Provimi Foods is no stranger to the international food service industry.
Having said that Provimi backed the very pretty Arie Luyendyk JPS knock off liveried Indycar back in the day(1980's)

Edit: Only just noticed afterwards what the car was in the poster :blush:

Oh and they were not all JPS like... They were onboard with his 1990 Indy 500 winner.

and .....1987 March 87C wears chassis number 87C-01 and was delivered new to Hemelgarn Racing. It was driven by Arie Luyendyk in the 1987 Indianapolis 500,

In fact ArieLuyendyk might not have got beyond Formula Vee without Provimi
INDIANAPOLIS -- Provimi Veal Corp. today announced it will continue its long-time association with Arie Luyendyk by becoming an associate sponsor of Treadway-Hubbard Racing's No. 5 Meijer G Force-Chevrolet for the May 26 Indianapolis 500. Provimi also will be an associate sponsor of Arie Luyendyk Jr. in the new IRL Infiniti Pro Series, which begins July 7 at Kansas Speedway.

Provimi has supported Luyendyk for most of his career, starting in the 1983 Super Vee series, and a championship in that class in 1984. The relationship continued when Luyendyk advanced into Indy Cars in 1985 -- when he was both the Indianapolis 500 and CART Rookie of the Year -- and through his first Indy victory in 1990. Provimi rejoined Luyendyk in time for his second Indy triumph in 1997 and has been with him ever since. In addition, Provimi was a sponsor of Luyendyk Jr. in the Formula Ford 2000 series, and now moves up with him to the IRL and the Infiniti Pro Series.

"Without the support of Provimi Veal I would not have achieved this level of success," said Luyendyk. "The company has not only been with me as a sponsor, but I've also had a long and close friendship with Provimi founder Aat Groenevelt. It's great to renew this relationship for the Indy 500 and also to have Provimi with Arie Jr. as he takes the next step in his own racing career."
https://au.motorsport.com/indycar/news/ ... r/1971648/

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Found this little gem of Arie in Formula Vee, here with his Father Jaap way back pre Provimi helping him win in FV in later years. This is
his Karringer Formula Vee 1300 in 1972.

Anyway sorry for going a bit O/T. :whistling:

Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

@Everso Biggyballies Oh well, this is a motor racing forum. Why would anyone look at the racing cars.. in the middle of a race programme :tongue:

I'm unsure about the cheese & veal connection alas cheese can be somewhat connected to Holland (duh) yet Luyendyk was sponsored by them veal sausages instead :haha: Yes, there is apparently a difference between German bratwurst and Dutch bratwurst and I come from a country where sausage is a prominent product as well :tongue:

The 1985 CART race was won by Jacques Villeneuve, Sr. after a rain shower caught out several drivers including race leader Al Unser, Jr. (who never won at Road America in his entire CART career but finished 2nd four times IIRC).

07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Vassago wrote: 10 months ago
I'm unsure about the cheese & veal connection alas cheese can be somewhat connected to Holland (duh) yet Luyendyk was sponsored by them veal sausages instead :haha: Yes, there is apparently a difference between German bratwurst and Dutch bratwurst and I come from a country where sausage is a prominent product as well :tongue:
Hehehe we also have a bit of a sausaage (or 'snag' as they are known here) culture going on.
A normal Aussie dinner party: :haha:

A snag sanger (Aussie for sausage sandwich) This one actually needs more sauce though! :wink:

Anyway our Canadian GP P3 coverage is about to start......