Drivers Penalties and Points *€1 million driver fine introduced!**

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
DownForce
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: JapanGT, F1
Favourite Racing Car: PorscheGT3 Cup / RSR
Favourite Driver: Takuma Sato
Favourite Circuit: Suzuka, Monaco, Fuji
Car(s) Currently Owned: Porsche GT3, AMGC63, AudiRS4,GT3cup

Post by DownForce »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Hamilton should be penalized for wearing Clowny clothes :tongue: :annoyed:
║═╣║║║╠╗╔╣║║╚╬╗╔╣║╔╝
║╔╣╦║║║║║║╦╠╗║║║║║╚╗
╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝

The Fastlane Awards 2022 -- ROOKIE of the YEAR
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

I'm surprised Hamilton got only two in '21 - wasn't that the year he punted off Verstappen hard into the barrierrs, at Silverstone? The single worst unsporting behaviour I have seen in F1 in the past few years that I watched. Plus, there were other incidents that year iinm, like him crashing into Verstappen at Jeddah
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Michael Ferner wrote: 1 year ago I'm surprised Hamilton got only two in '21 - wasn't that the year he punted off Verstappen hard into the barrierrs, at Silverstone? The single worst unsporting behaviour I have seen in F1 in the past few years that I watched. Plus, there were other incidents that year iinm, like him crashing into Verstappen at Jeddah
Lewis got just 2 points for that (in his words) when his immediate reaction was Max turned into me, it was my corner, I had the line) at Silverstone 2021..... The same as Max got for 'brake testing Max in Jeddah..... Lewis did not want to pass where Max slowed for him to pass.... because there was a DRS activation point just after where Lewis would have passed. ie Max would have had DRS around the corner and able to re-pass Lewis with DRS.. Lewis didnt want to take the place back until after the activation point so he would then have DRS and the lead. So Max slowed right down to ensure Lewis had to pass, Lewis ran into him. Max had already received one penalty point earlier in the race for gaining an advantage by going off track.at the start.

Those 2 points were the only ones he got that year..... He got given 8 in 2020. (including 4 season opener at the Austrian GP when he was punished for not slowing sufficiently for yellow flags in qualifying, and then a collision with Albon in the race.. Actually 2020 he was awarded 10 demerit points but the FIA felt sorry for him and withdrew 2 points (Earned because he had done illegal practice starts away from the designated point. So for a while in 2020 he should have been in Gasly's current position of 10 points.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Star wrote: 1 year ago
Actually, that makes sense, it would be better to get the ban out of the way. Once you've had the ban, what happens to the points? I mean, do you essentially start from scratch again, or are they still there looming over you if you do something else that's stupid?
After you got the ban, you start with a clean sheet. From scratch.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

erwin greven wrote: 1 year ago
Actually, that makes sense, it would be better to get the ban out of the way. Once you've had the ban, what happens to the points? I mean, do you essentially start from scratch again, or are they still there looming over you if you do something else that's stupid?
Thanks for clarifying that. :thumbsup: I assumed that would be the case, but I know you shouldn't assume as sometimes you end up being wrong when you do that.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
XcraigX
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

Post by XcraigX »

erwin greven wrote: 1 year ago
That's spicy.
Therefore Gasly has the opportunity to just ram into one of his rivals this race to reset his points and start clean next year. Any ideas on who he dislikes the most? I'm sure there are plenty of prime targets based on the forum member dislikes. But I'm curious who Pierre thinks is his arch nemesis?
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

Why would he do that? He strikes me as a decent person. Not everyone is in constant, overly aggressive mode, vasting life in revenge. Some of his demerit points were (IMHO) rather ultra-cheap shots by the Race Stewards.
XcraigX
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

Post by XcraigX »

Aty wrote: 1 year ago Why would he do that? He strikes me as a decent person. Not everyone is in constant, overly aggressive mode, vasting life in revenge. Some of his demerit points were (IMHO) rather ultra-cheap shots by the Race Stewards.
I'm just playing. I doubt he will.
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

XcraigX wrote: 1 year ago
Aty wrote: 1 year ago Why would he do that? He strikes me as a decent person. Not everyone is in constant, overly aggressive mode, vasting life in revenge. Some of his demerit points were (IMHO) rather ultra-cheap shots by the Race Stewards.
I'm just playing. I doubt he will.
If he does that now, I'm blaming you for putting the idea in his head :tongue:
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

XcraigX wrote: 1 year ago That's spicy.
Therefore Gasly has the opportunity to just ram into one of his rivals this race to reset his points and start clean next year. Any ideas on who he dislikes the most? I'm sure there are plenty of prime targets based on the forum member dislikes. But I'm curious who Pierre thinks is his arch nemesis?
Few track limit violations. Forcing someone off the track... done. Next year, new team, clean sheet.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

Drivers are forcing rivals off the track quite often. It's hard to penetrate their minds and say with absolute certainty whether it was or wasn't intentional. Perhaps this is why Stewards do judge such incidents with glaring inconsistency. I cannot shake off an impression, that the name of the driver involved influences their assessments. Gasly running someone off might end up with more than he bargains for, especially if Stewards will think - that SOB has done it deliberately to clean his sheet. It might not be a clean sheet next year for him at the end.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

So, Drivers penalty points issued in Brazil and totals of those involved

5 drivers added to their demerits this weekend.....

Stroll 3 points in the Sprint race for pushing Seb off. Total 8 points

Alonso 2 points in the Sprint for causing collision with Ocon Total 6 points

DannyRic 2 points for KMag on lap 1. Total 8 points

Lando 2 points for Leclerc at T6 Total 3 points.

Max 2 points for Lewis Total 7 points

Update of the running total as at Post Brazil (Changes in bold)

Driver Pts
Pierre Gasly 10
Yuki Tsunoda 9
Alex Albon 6
Daniel Ricciardo 8
Max Verstappen 7
Nicholas Latifi 5
Esteban Ocon 5
Lance Stroll 8
Fernando Alonso 6
George Russell 4
Kevin Magnussen 3
Guanyu Zhou 3
Sergio Perez 2
Valtteri Bottas 2
Sebastian Vettel 2
Lando Norris 3
Charles Leclerc 1
Mick Schumacher 1

Just for info Gasly not only saved his behind in being cleared for driving too slowly on his formation lap on Saturday but also got a 5 sec time penalty only (ie no points) for speeding in pit lane. So he remains on 10

Kamikeli

Post by Kamikeli »

I understand the basic premise behind the penalty points, but it really doesn't apply to the F1 world. It does an efficient job at deterring junior drivers from being four-wheeled wrecking balls and/or putting everyone else in danger, but there's so many little extras that make no sense. There was no reason for Gasly to be anywhere close to that race ban mostly because of procedural mistakes, when the only time he put anyone in danger, that was himself - via speeding under red flags.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Kamikeli wrote: 1 year ago I understand the basic premise behind the penalty points, but it really doesn't apply to the F1 world. It does an efficient job at deterring junior drivers from being four-wheeled wrecking balls and/or putting everyone else in danger, but there's so many little extras that make no sense. There was no reason for Gasly to be anywhere close to that race ban mostly because of procedural mistakes, when the only time he put anyone in danger, that was himself - via speeding under red flags.
I have to agree.

In sheer outright dangerous driving situations, you don't give someone a slap. You bench or ban them.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

MonteCristo wrote: 1 year ago
Kamikeli wrote: 1 year ago I understand the basic premise behind the penalty points, but it really doesn't apply to the F1 world. It does an efficient job at deterring junior drivers from being four-wheeled wrecking balls and/or putting everyone else in danger, but there's so many little extras that make no sense. There was no reason for Gasly to be anywhere close to that race ban mostly because of procedural mistakes, when the only time he put anyone in danger, that was himself - via speeding under red flags.
I have to agree.

In sheer outright dangerous driving situations, you don't give someone a slap. You bench or ban them.
Bring back the Birch. :omg:

Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

Respectfully disagree. Speeding under red flags does endanger marshals, and in my humble opinion desereved an outright ban for at least two races. I couldn't care less for his own life under the circumstances, but the fact that he complained afterwards about himself being in danger deserved another two races on the bench, just to put the priorities right. I never had an opinion of this nothing guy before, but after this episode I have zero time for this entitled b***h. The sooner he disappears into his own arse the better.

@Michael Ferner You should try to use different wording for this. [mod]
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.