STAKE F1 TEAM KICK SAUBER

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I'll continue calling it Alfa.
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

Sauber, the Formula 1 outfit known as Alfa Romeo last year that in 2024 will be called 'Stake F1 Team', intends to clear out its driver lineup at the end of the season.
https://www.grandprix.com/news/will-sai ... witch.html

Clear out? I am not sure of exact meaning of it, but one interpretation could be the team will be choosing drivers to kick off 2026 season under a new flag. The season 2025 will be indoctrination year with Audi rules. There are few names floating in the air as potential candidates, yet we have no idea what is Audi thinking. Sainz, Albon, Ocon, Gasly - they all have their names in this speculation, yet I would not disregard Guanyu and Valtteri who are there already. Both drivers are better than the car they currently drive.

First of all, as stated elsewhere earlier on, there should be Audi TP on the scene ASAP to coordinate traffic, and have his say who drives. There could be one already, but his (her?) name was not publicised yet. Regarding drivers, it will be a strategic call, as no one expect miracles in the development stage, and 2028 season is too far to sensibly play with names already. Interest is there, all based on hope that automaker's might will kick in and lifts the team to better times, but hopefully guys will not be disappointed. Key is the key (pan intended) how it will go. Vehicle aerodynamics seems a week side for current team. Audi will probably not replace him (for now). He is (I think) on borrowed time before his stay gets nod of acceptance. Depends how his creations play out.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

D/T 2024-01-31 09:32 (CET)
Has Sainz informed Ferrari about a possible move to Audi-Sauber? Benoit wrote in the Swiss newspaper Blick.

A year ago, Blick revealed that there was close contact between the Sainz family and Sauber CEO Andreas Seidl for the future of Audi. What is clear is that the new team (Audi) is certainly not planning its 2025 pre-season with (Valtteri) Bottas and (Guanyu) Zhou again, he added. It is said that Alpine's Pierre Gasly and Esteban Ocon are also options for Audi, as is Williams' Alex Albon.
https://www.grandprix.com/news/will-sai ... witch.html

I am surprised to hear about (potential) demise of current driving duo. That's not what I've expected. I wonder how accurate that prediction is.

On the other hand, Mr. Benoit is a respected journalist, usually careful about his sources, so I am taking news more seriously than most of the others. There is no point to dwell with any degree of certainty who will replace those two. I would bet it was not decided yet.

I like to know who is running the transition phase. Development of a 2026 team, drivers, PU, vehicle, logistics, following FiA rules, budgets, etc. (Full time job apart current racing activities.) Adam Baker is CEO (Audi racing), so I doubt it's him. Is Jost Capito available?
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Aty wrote: 2 months ago ...... Is Jost Capito available?
I would say no on two counts. Firstly, before joining Williams he had fully intended to retire but he joined Williams for two years, maximum three, a sort of short term deferment of his retirement plans.

When he quit Williams he said the foundation was laid and it was a good time to exit and leave the helm to someone else. (In this case James Vowles).

He also said that he was not enjoying the length of the calendar and the constant travel was very tiring at his age (65).

He would be back in the same scenario with Audi of the constant travel and responsibility of several hundred staff etc. He said that he might be interested in a part time consultancy / advisory role (not specifically with Audi, just within motorsport. He specifically said it would not be with a large company.

An extract from an interview with Autobild after he quit Williams and of it being his plan on joining
......while the news came as a shock to the outside world, Capito has said he was never planning to stay in the role long-term.

“From the outside, of course, you don’t have that kind of insight,” Capito said

“But I originally said that I would do this for two years, possibly a third. But now there are so many races that it’s exhausting.

“And it simply takes longer than two or three years to bring the team back to the top.”

Capito’ said that after two seasons as Williams team boss, the time just felt naturally right to step aside.

He said: “We just talked, because from the beginning the plan was always that I do this for two years, three at the most.

“So we talked about what was the right thing to do now, and then it became clear pretty quickly that now was a good time to hand it over.”

“Yes, I think you simply have to lay the foundation first, and once that is in place, you can build on it.

“I was convinced that this was the case now, and I communicated this to the Board of Management. That now that you have the basis, you should also have someone who will stay on for the long term and can continue from there.”

Capito had plans to retire before Williams initially came calling in December 2020 to appoint him as CEO, but, having now had another taste of F1, he is keeping the door slightly ajar when it comes to taking on more work.

“I’ll have to see what I do. I would like to be of some help somewhere, maybe in an advisory role.

“Just help out a little bit. But not in such a big company anymore, with so many people and all the day-to-day business.”

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

I was aware of Jost's explanation once he termed his committment at Williams, but people do change their minds and come out of retirement. He is only about 62 (or thereabout) years old, so, he is still young and good for many years. I've picked his name only because there isn't too many good men available. I think my adopted team needs one ASAP. Time is running out. I have nothing against Alessandro Alunni Bravi, but considdering his current role, he cannot be on two places at the same time. Pitty Sebastian is lacking experience at that level.
Michael Ferner

Post by Michael Ferner »

Roger Benoit was full of shit forty years ago, and so is his employer (Blick is the Swiss equivalent for German Bild, Britain's Sun). Personally, I would check for possible daylight if he'd wished me a Good Night!

Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

People change, and 40 years ago seems enough time for it. For past around 30 years I had no problem with him.
Michael Ferner

Post by Michael Ferner »

Possible. But, luckily I don't depend on it! :haha:

Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

2024 could be Valtteri Bottas’ last season in Formula 1, according to Finnish journalist Ismo Uusitupa.
https://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view ... 11_report/

In pre-season there is nothing much to discuss. Quoted aricle however caught me by surprise. I thought that Bottas has his future secured at least for next year [2025]. The Finish journalist has his doubts.

This might be also problem for (Ex) Sauber. How do you entice an experienced, fast, patient and enthusiastic driver who can put up with anticipated ups and down of the team at least for next three years? It's rather problematic. There might not be one available.
Matt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula One
Favourite Racing Car: Brawn BGP 001
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve
Favourite Circuit: Old Spa

Post by Matt »

Aty wrote: 2 months ago
2024 could be Valtteri Bottas’ last season in Formula 1, according to Finnish journalist Ismo Uusitupa.
https://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view ... 11_report/

In pre-season there is nothing much to discuss. Quoted aricle however caught me by surprise. I thought that Bottas has his future secured at least for next year [2025]. The Finish journalist has his doubts.

This might be also problem for (Ex) Sauber. How do you entice an experienced, fast, patient and enthusiastic driver who can put up with anticipated ups and down of the team at least for next three years? It's rather problematic. There might not be one available.
Easy: offer them enough money :smiley:

Sainz would be the obvious pick for them. Checo might be available too and, no matter how poor he was last year at times, he's still a race-winner (and brings money). Pretty sure they'll end up with a pretty good lineup overall. Maybe might think about promoting Pourchaire if his Super Formula season goes well?
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

The Stake F1 Team C44 for Valtteri Bottas and Guanyu Zhou to contest the 2024 FIA Formula 1 World Championship, was revealed today kick-starting a new era for Sauber.
The launch stream begins at 20:00 CET today.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Sauber F1 2024

AAB ("unleashed") :smiley:
“[W]e are working very hard to improve all the areas of our organisation, under the leadership of Andreas Seidl. “We put in place a very efficient structure on track. We have Xevi Pujolar, our Racing Director; Beat Zehnder, our Sporting Director; and myself. Back in Hinwil, we have a new Technical Director in James Key.“I think this structure is really suitable for our growing process and for the targets we need to reach.”

“These two years will see our team undergo a big transformation process towards 2026, when we will become the Audi works team,” Bravi explained.
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2024/02/ ... r-f1-2024/

Boys have a plan. Good. We will be watching. Improving everywhere every day is a realistic target. I like it.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

They will face issues in Australia as well.... no advertising of online gambling products allowed here and that includes visible sponsorship etc in Televised events. That would likely cover their entry in the programme as well.... it would have to be entered as Kick as it was last year. I think Kick is the online gaming and streaming division of Stake. They will have gambling issues in some Middle Eastern races (Qatar I think) also in Texas. I know Vegas is ok and maybe Miami also. .

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I think we have a new brand name for Sauber with reference to what the original choice of brand name was

Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

SAUBER NOT CONCERNED ABOUT STAKE INVESTIGATION BY SWISS AUTHORITIES
https://www.grandprix247.com/2024/02/08 ... thorities/

Gambling is problem from whichever angle one looks at it. The name alone makes my head hurt. I am surprised Andreas has agreed to a deal, despite having probably more than two legal voices near to his ear. (AAB and Sauber's legal department.) They probably considered pro and cons, and positives won.

Bottas said in an interview that Audi is becoming intensively involved in the business in the background without trumpeting to media what they are doing.
The Finn stated that he expects the cooperation between Sauber and Audi to increase in the coming months as the latter gears up towards its F1 debut.

“I think the cooperation will start sometime soon, I would imagine if Audi already wants to be competitive in their first year,” he said.

“Sauber and Audi will need to work together but that's all going on behind the scenes.

“As a driver, whatever meetings or stuff is happening behind the scenes, we are not always aware of those things. But things are starting to pick up now.”
Good is all what one can say, but competitive in first year? I would love it, but no. Lets this one go by wayside. FiA forecasted development of new specs is not going to be frozen earlier than later in 2027, so I would not set my hopes too high.