Orange you glad we are off to the Seaside at Zandvoort for the 2022 HEINEKEN DUTCH GP

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Bottom post of the previous page:

DownForce wrote: 1 year ago
DoubleFart wrote: 1 year ago I didn't expect this site to become a "woke" site.

Yes, it's culturally insensitive given the tsunami, but I highly doubt that even crossed his mind. It's clumsy, not malicious.
With all due respect, with 30,000 plus lives lost and the Nuclear reactor trouble that is still our issues that was caused by that Tsunami, it will be difficult not to take that as Malicious.
Just consider yourselves very fortunate not experiencing our natural disaster and never use it as a form of Joke.

You're right, no one should mock something as serious and long lasting as this kind of horrific and long lasting event in which so many lives were lost and so many others remain affected to this day, not ever. I do think @DoubleFart is probably right in that Binotti wouldn't have seen what he said as being malicious. Was it thoughtless and something he never should have said? Of course it was! He never should have said it, but all too often people sadly open their mouths without engaging their brain as they should and things come out that are, to some others, unforgivable.

There are topics that you shouldn't bring up as it's never okay to do that, but sometimes it unfortunately happens. I personally have still not forgiven Juan Pablo Montoya for a remark he made to Jacques Villeneuve years and years ago in a drivers meeting and for me, the response he got from Jacques on that day was well deserved. It was the wrong thing to say, disguting and showed me what kind of man he really was.

Binotto was just mouthing off and probably even he now realises he shouldn't have said it if he's being totally honest. It doesn't hurt any the less though does it?
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Citroën C2 1.4 (2006)

Post by erwin greven »

In every culture, certain words have a different weight. In some cultures it is totally inappropriate, in others they are used in a different context.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
DownForce
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: JapanGT, F1
Favourite Racing Car: PorscheGT3 Cup / RSR
Favourite Driver: Takuma Sato
Favourite Circuit: Suzuka, Monaco, Fuji
Car(s) Currently Owned: Porsche GT3, AMGC63, AudiRS4,GT3cup

Post by DownForce »

In some cultures, ONE killed convict black man created this BLM thing that until now F1 takes a knee in each races. Im sure Binotto knows and a part this.

How about tens of thousands Innocent lives lost in a disaster in a manner of minutes, loss of livelihood and homes due to nuclear fallout ? A joke ?
Yes until now we are sensitive about it because it is not over yet. Thousands of people haven't gone home to affected areas in Fukushima due to Radiation, they may not be able to see their home anymore. And yes Tsunami is still in our minds and hearts and it is Scary - some of use including myself has PTSD on this matter. Similar to US still moaning on their 9/11, we have our 3/11.

Easier and Funnier to talk and joke about it when you are Not a part of it.

Talk about insensitive cultures.
║═╣║║║╠╗╔╣║║╚╬╗╔╣║╔╝
║╔╣╦║║║║║║╦╠╗║║║║║╚╗
╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝

The Fastlane Awards 2022 -- ROOKIE of the YEAR
DownForce
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by DownForce »

DoubleFart wrote: 1 year ago
DownForce wrote: 1 year ago
DoubleFart wrote: 1 year ago I didn't expect this site to become a "woke" site.

Yes, it's culturally insensitive given the tsunami, but I highly doubt that even crossed his mind. It's clumsy, not malicious.
With all due respect, with 30,000 plus lives lost and the Nuclear reactor trouble that is still our issues that was caused by that Tsunami, it will be difficult not to take that as Malicious.
Just consider yourselves very fortunate not experiencing our natural disaster and never use it as a form of Joke.

It wouldn't have even crossed his mind. It's NEVER referenced in the UK popular culture. I forget it's even a thing, other than for a very specific project I work on.

I doubt Italy remembers it.

Sorry we aren't all still mourning your national tragedy regularly.
We are not asking people you to mourn, just not make it a joke would be more sensitive. Don't rub it.

An insult can be insensitive, but to make excuses after the insult is low.
║═╣║║║╠╗╔╣║║╚╬╗╔╣║╔╝
║╔╣╦║║║║║║╦╠╗║║║║║╚╗
╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝

DownForce
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by DownForce »

I am done with this topic.
I know how people really feels about this and who. Not replying anymore.
We are having super typhoon as I type this. Got better things to do.
║═╣║║║╠╗╔╣║║╚╬╗╔╣║╔╝
║╔╣╦║║║║║║╦╠╗║║║║║╚╗
╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝

Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

People use "special" language, especially when brain is on coffee break, and adrenaline kicks in. In the race at Monaco (1994?) Schumacher was ahead of Montoya, however in the tunnel there was collission, and it was Montoya who emerged from tunnel with all four wheels on. Present media bursted in applause, pleased that Schu was worse off, yet in that very moment without an iota of concern whether Michael is hurt. Jean Todt's comment was one in the books - imbeciles. I've never heard him to use this word in public again.

Take Vettel in Mexico in the heat of the race what he recommended to late Whiting. People not always react in most polite way.

I am not making excuses for Binotto, but I doubt he had the same sensitivity to the word representing destructive force Japanese people have. I've never experienced anything of that kind, but once I was attending a business meeting at Fujinomiya city, when some abnormal weather warning was issued (I think it was typhoon or something of that kind). It was already late afternoon, but fear in the eyes of my hosts is etched forever in my mind. I've managed return to Tokyo unharmed.

Like him or not, I am sure Binotto will not say that word again. It's called education.
We Are Addicted to a Sense of Crisis.
Rory Stewart
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Exactly Aty.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.