Rare and Unraced Motor Racing Liveries

Racing events, drivers, cars or anything else from the past.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Nononsensecapeesh wrote: 11 months ago
MonteCristo wrote: 11 months ago
Nononsensecapeesh wrote: 11 months ago Image
Hit around the head repeatedly with the fugly stick.
I like it.
me too.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: British Touring Car Championship
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton

Post by Nononsensecapeesh »

erwin greven wrote: 11 months ago
I like it.
me too.
Glad I am not the only one.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

erwin greven wrote: 11 months ago
I like it.
me too.
Glad I am not the only one.
indeed.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

I know this hasn't happened yet but they will still count eventually. The second one down would be my favourite.
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

Regarding the new McLaren livery at first I thought it's the same what B-Max team used in Super Formula a few seasons ago. Then I realized Youse and Vuse are different things.

Btw, Vuse are e-cigarettes? So tobacco sponsors are sort of back in F1? :tongue:
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

The DeltaWing was always #0 for a start....
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Nononsensecapeesh wrote: 10 months ago The DeltaWing was always #0 for a start....
Don't understand that one.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

erwin greven wrote: 10 months ago
Nononsensecapeesh wrote: 10 months ago The DeltaWing was always #0 for a start....
Don't understand that one.
The Delta Wing Project was originally launched (and known then as Project 56) partially as an application to the ACO for a Garage 56 "Technical innovation" entry, which was accepted. The official entry for the car in the entry list was not as Project 56 but under Highcroft Racing. That was for the 2012 LM24. They actually raced at Le Mans that year as #0, as they did in subsequent forays with the Delta in other series.

I guess this pic with the #56 is from the application to the ACO stage of the Garage 56 entry earlier that year. :idunno:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 10 months ago The Delta Wing Project was originally launched (and known then as Project 56) partially as an application to the ACO for a Garage 56 "Technical innovation" entry, which was accepted. The official entry for the car in the entry list was not as Project 56 but under Highcroft Racing. That was for the 2012 LM24. They actually raced at Le Mans that year as #0, as they did in subsequent forays with the Delta in other series.

I guess this pic with the #56 is from the application to the ACO stage of the Garage 56 entry earlier that year. :idunno:
:thumbsup: thanks.
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

erwin greven wrote: 10 months ago
Everso Biggyballies wrote: 10 months ago The Delta Wing Project was originally launched (and known then as Project 56) partially as an application to the ACO for a Garage 56 "Technical innovation" entry, which was accepted. The official entry for the car in the entry list was not as Project 56 but under Highcroft Racing. That was for the 2012 LM24. They actually raced at Le Mans that year as #0, as they did in subsequent forays with the Delta in other series.

:thumbsup: thanks.
Should have clarified, sorry, I also don't remember the Delta Wing racing in red that many times as it was usually black or the colours of the Stars and Stripes.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

acerogers58 wrote: 1 year ago Then little known driver Grant Enfinger attempted to qualify for the 2011 Ford 400 at Homestead driving this car prepared by Sinica Motorsports. Enfinger did not make the race, qualifying last out of 48 cars. This was Sinicia Motorsports first and only appearance in NASCAR, the team is listed as running 1 ARCA race in 2012 before vanishing for good. Enfinger has since gone on to establish himself as a regular driver in the Truck series, and has not attempted to make a cup race since.

Enfinger will replace Noah Gragson in the Legacy Motor Club #42 car for this weeks Cup series event at Sonoma, this will be his first Cup series attempt since the aforementioned race.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Not unraced but rare in terms of them all being more or less one -offs for the Darwin "Indigenous" round of the V8SC this coming weekend.
As usual the teams have their cars in Indigenous themed liveries to respect that ....
I posted the info in the V8SC thread but added the images here because they are relevant in future terms of being rare and used only for this weekend....
Everso Biggyballies wrote: 10 months ago

Darwin Triple Crown V8SC Timetable and Event Guide, Track and race details etc.

Zane Goddard is a 888 Wildcard entry

Info on the artists and the meaning of the images stuff if you need / want / care about that side of it is here https://darwinsupercars.com.au/indigenous-liveries

I quite like the idea and it gives something of interest as a one-off thing, but as usual some teams seem to have tried harder than others. :wink:
I guess teams have to work in with their sponsors visual demands as well, and maybe some of the enhancements might be seen in corporate land to take away from the visibility of sponsors logos on TV regardless of the theme :idunno:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Nononsensecapeesh wrote: 10 months ago Image
I know this hasn't happened yet but they will still count eventually. The second one down would be my favourite.
The top one won the vote.
Nononsensecapeesh
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

2013 British Touring Car Champion Andrew Jordan ran this one-off silver livery on his Triple 8 MG6 at the Snetterton rounds of the 2015 BTCC.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Ron Hornaday ran this one off Superman design during the NASCAR Truck race at Nazareth in 1999. As far as I'm aware this is the only non diecast picture of this Truck that exists on the internet.

acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

19 year old Spencer Clark made his first NASCAR Busch series start at Las Vegas in 2006 driving this car for Gallagher-Diederich Racing. It was the teams first race, and they initially planned to run a partial schedule with sponsorship from Allegiant Air, owned by the Gallagher family. Clark was at the time tipped to be Las Vegas' next big thing in stock car racing, following in the footsteps of Kurt and Kyle Busch.

Tragically, just two months after this event, Clark died in a highway accident in New Mexico. As a result, the team ceased its NASCAR operations and returned to short track racing, with the Clark family founding the "Spencer Clark Driven program" to provide young racers proper training and competitive race cars to continue what Spencer Clark had started.

Six years later, Maury Gallagher, now the sole owner, relaunched the team into the major national series, starting out in ARCA under the name Gallagher Motorsports, using the #23, which was Spencer Clark's junior racing number. The name of the team was later changed to GMS Racing and in 2013, Spencer Gallagher, Maury's son, made his NASCAR Truck series debut. In 2014, the team made its full time debut, with Joey Coulter behind the wheel. A second part time entry was driven by Gallagher, Max Gresham and Brandon Jones.

Gallagher would go full time in 2015, however his career would never really take off. Nevertheless, Gallagher jumped up to the Xfinity series part time in 2016, while GMS Racing would win its first of two NASCAR Truck series championships with Johnny Sauter behind the wheel. Gallagher made a few Xfinity series starts in 2016, before a full time season in 2017 proved unsuccesful. Gallagher made a solid start to the 2018 Xfinity series season, earning his first win at Talladega, The celebrations were short lived however, as days later Gallagher was suspended indefinitely for violating NASCARs substance abuse policy. He would return midway through the year, before retiring at seasons end to take up an ownership role within the organization. GMS Racing returned for the 2019 Xfinity series season, with John Hunter Nemechek behind the wheel. 2019 would be the teams last season in the Xfinity series, choosing to focus on the Truck series, where it now had 4 full time teams.

2020 would be the teams best season, scoring 10 wins with 4 different drivers and its second championship with Sheldon Creed. They would win 4 races in 2021, 3 with Creed before announcing at seasons end they would be moving up to the Cup series, with Ty Dillon to drive the #94. The team then merged its Cup startup into Richard Petty Motorsports, forming Petty GMS Racing. The team had a solid year with Erik Jones in the #43, winning the Southern 500 at Darlington, however Dillon struggled and was released. In early 2023 Petty GMS would again change names, this time to Legacy Motor Club, with Jimmie Johnson buying out a stake in the team and Richard Petty selling the remainder of his share to Gallagher with Johnson taking over the day to day running of the Cup series team. The Truck series teams continued to operate separately in 2022 and 2023, with a couple of wins.

On August 23, 2023, GMS Racing announced they would cease operations at seasons end. Legacy Motor Club will switch to Toyota in 2024, with both Gallagher and Johnson remaining owners.